History Channel's Vikings

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like Ragnar is going to F'up Earl Haraldson and rescue Rollo..damn this show is just a good mess of historical inaccuracies but, i still watch it because it is better in my opinion then Game of Thrones as i find the characters on that show too regal and too much talking and walking and talking..then again i only watched two episodes from season 1 i believe.

Spartacus i would maybe give a shot at.

Just hope this series ends with Ragnar having met his fate by being captured by the Anglo-Saxons and thrown into a pit of vipers and Rollo selling out and going full Christian(boooo!! Rollo sucks anyhoo)..you would never get the impression that this would be the fate of these two characters on the show.

Just really hope this does not end with some type of a Christian lesson/message involved and rather have Ragnar go down fighting for what he believed in.

Last edited:
Just watched episode 5. My favourite yet. Great show

@ Valfar
Game Of Thrones is still the best though IMO. There's so much going on it that but that's what I like :)

Just saw the first 2 episodes. Good so far. Kinda like a cross between Game of Thrones and Spartacus.
Wasn't sure if I should check this series out or not, but this just sold me. :lol

i still watch it because it is better in my opinion then Game of Thrones as i find the characters on that show too regal and too much talking and walking and talking..then again i only watched two episodes from season 1 i believe.
:slap

What?, honestly from what i have watched from Game of Thrones i was bored out of my skull,i can't get into the characters(not as bad-*** and as interesting as Vikings)...maybe some other time.

"Not as badass" Nuff said. :lol

Game of Thrones is one of if not the most well-written and compelling shows on television. And judging entire TV shows on two episodes is outright stupid.

Anyway, just about to start watching this series. :yess:

You and the legions of other lemmings can enjoy a grand ol circle jank then while watching it, i stand by my initial thoughts after watching this show but, again as i said..i will give it a shot another time.

It's not stupid to think a show filled with sex and walking and talking and sex,more talking and more sex is not going to be a bore eventually?, to many probally not.

Don't get so hard up to defend it, my opinion may change in time or not..it matters none..there are legions of you like i said that love it.

Lots of people love Nicki Manaj, millions of views on Youtube and record sales etc..does that mean the music is quality?. XD

Not enough media out there exposing Norse culture,their history was burned and rewritten with lies by the Christians(this is probally one of the few reasons why)..so, if i watch tv(which i rarely do because most of the content on television is uninteresting to me, annoying commercials is crap) i usually focus on something i myself can relate to.

I will give Game of Thrones and Walking Dead a shot when all the hype dies and i find the seasons on discount later on.

It's not stupid to think a show filled with sex and walking and talking and sex,more talking and more sex is not going to be a bore eventually?, to many probally not.
Well, if you honestly think Game of Thrones is only endless sex, walking and talking then that leads me to believe you actually haven't seen the show.

Well, if you honestly think Game of Thrones is only endless sex, walking and talking then that leads me to believe you actually haven't seen the show.

No, i have not watched much of it..just my initial impression..honestly can't get into the characters they are boring and look boring, just feels like a medieval soap opera.

Well so far Mr. Viking who wants to build a boat is less interesting than any character in Game of Thrones.

And his brother wants his wife. That arc has never been done before. :lol

But I'm enjoying the show so far.

Episode 5 rocked! Can't wait for the next episode to see if Ragnar's challenge is accepted!

I hope this shows get enough viewers and publicity to merit a season 2! :pray:

I hope this shows get enough viewers and publicity to merit a season 2! :pray:

It's doing good so far. First episode got 6+ million and now it's averaging about 4.5 million viewers per episode, which is great for THC. I think the only other big number show they have is Swamp People.

But regardless, if there is another season don't expect it to be an extension of the characters/stories from this one. From what I understand, the producers definitely want to do more seasons but with different viking characters/different stories. So it would be more like an anthology series as opposed to a serial.

This is a good show so far(still have my guard up), good acting and action sequences, loosely based off Ragnar Lodbrok's life and the series is co-produced in Ireland and Canada which is good.

I've already seen a guy from my town in it (playing a monk) and I know to look for one other guy also, a guy who by the look of him on a daily basis was born to play a Viking.

Katheryn Winnick is nice to watch.

Would get it. :lecture

It's doing good so far. First episode got 6+ million and now it's averaging about 4.5 million viewers per episode, which is great for THC. I think the only other big number show they have is Swamp People.

But regardless, if there is another season don't expect it to be an extension of the characters/stories from this one. From what I understand, the producers definitely want to do more seasons but with different viking characters/different stories. So it would be more like an anthology series as opposed to a serial.

I would still watch but that would be slightly disappointing.

Back