High res Darth Vader helmet pictures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
title says it all.. I can't stand the waiting so took the initiative to start my own vader.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28451

can anyone tell me this specs on this helmet?

mypics-2.jpg

ROTJ/ESB? what I'm hoping for.

this is , im pretty sure a recast of the kotobukiya ROTS helmet, i recognize the faults on the chin mesh and the fact the neck so long, plus the chin mesh is flush with the rest of the neck were all the other versions the vent is recessed

it's so big though... doesn't seem like it.. I thought the koto's were a bit smaller, klike 1/7 scale.. this is perfectly 1/6th.

it's so big though... doesn't seem like it.. I thought the koto's were a bit smaller, klike 1/7 scale.. this is perfectly 1/6th.

The ROTS koto is real big perfect for donating bits to a custom, the helmet with alot of dremeling will take a casted Crispy Ani head..........
DSCF0058-4.jpg

so, am I suppose to paint the whole dam thing a high gloss black? how come I see some pictures and parts of vader's helmet seems to be dark gun metal grey?

so, am I suppose to paint the whole dam thing a high gloss black? how come I see some pictures and parts of vader's helmet seems to be dark gun metal grey?

Yes, to be movie accurate parts of the helmet are gun metal grey. I remember seeing a diagram with the breakdown of what parts are black and what parts are grey but I don't know where anymore.

thank you!!! thanks alot lord vicious that was very helpful.. but are you ****ting me man? dammit! I think I might just paint the whole thing a high gloss black.. rofl.

I just discovered this thread...
Man! THAT is ONE HELL OF A VADER HELMET!
Bravo dude! Take the time to paint it the correct shades. Trust me! It will look ten times better if you do. That looks like the EpIV one too, what with the pointed brow. Take your time. Get the pattern right. You can do it! :rock

any pro painters! Not with a brush I mean, should I primer this first?
I'm done sanding it down and this is final, gonna paint it soon.
mypics129.jpg

finnaly les!! I thought you were not liking me anymore!! what do you think? I shaved the neck to look more ESB.

finnaly les!! I thought you were not liking me anymore!! what do you think? I shaved the neck to look more ESB.

Not like you???! :confused: Where on Earth did you get that idea? :lol

I woulda kept it for an Ep IV one. That brow is too specific...but, it's your head. I would prime this one. It needs polishing too. layers of thin gloss black and metallic gunmetal on the mask, and polished black on the helm.
Best get an airbrush master to advise you on this one. I can hand paint the mask, but no way I would hand paint that helm!

Back