Recommondations for a Darth Vader Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***faints***

Yeah it’s pricey that’s right and maybe i could have saved 100 or 200$ with an Anovos or EFX but deciding to take the artist/prop route rather than a big company product is a true decision. I thought about it during one year before take contact with Mac and Paul and order.
This helmet has a story. It’s result of the work of two Vader’s lovers. Mac the sculptor in the US who made the Master in clay and Bookface in UK ( Paul) who transformed it in fiberglass and painted it meticulously.
I had long discussions with them about the character and more than one year after have received mine, i’m still in touch. So I appreciate it with a particular sensibility and a helmet from a big company cannot offer you that.
So yeah it’s pricey but totally worth the price and the wait IMO...

Yeah it’s pricey that’s right and maybe i could have saved 100 or 200$ with an Anovos or EFX but deciding to take the artist/prop route rather than a big company product is a true decision. I thought about it during one year before take contact with Mac and Paul and order.
This helmet has a story. It’s result of the work of two Vader’s lovers. Mac the sculptor in the US who made the Master in clay and Bookface in UK ( Paul) who transformed it in fiberglass and painted it meticulously.
I had long discussions with them about the character and more than one year after have received mine, i’m still in touch. So I appreciate it with a particular sensibility and a helmet from a big company cannot offer you that.
So yeah it’s pricey but totally worth the price and the wait IMO...

Glad to hear and makes me feel better about my purchases. I can’t wait for it to arrive.

From what I've seen online, this is truly a beautiful piece. I was in contact with Mac about a year and a half ago and am slowly saving up for this with the matching chest armour. It's pricey but will look spectacular as a bust.

Please post some pictures when you get it.

No, it's a fan sculpt with a fine arts approach. It's better than any licensed helmet out there IMHO. The only licensed one that is comparable would be the fibreglass EFX legend.

Yeah it’s pretty heavy, mostly the dome. You can wear it but I wouldn’t risk it.

Yeah it is not licensed but depends of what you want. Some needs absolutely a licensed or cast lineage product what I understand, for other like me, the most important is to find back the essence and mood of what we saw on screen. This is why I always preferred the «*screen accuracy*» over the «*movie accuracy*». You can have something really accurate and close to the original prop used on set but due to lenses and light distortion it can be different from what you saw. And you will understand that , in hand, a Vader helmet is a really difficult object to take in picture.

After it is a matter of sensibility. You have others prop possibilities that are also great:

TM:

CFO (GS):

JMC:

Some are even more expensive than the Quasi. But I don’t know, when I look at the Quasi, I see Vader! This is why I chose it!

Quasimodo ESB

For those who the Quasimodo is out of budget, Mac and Bookface also do the Darth Ugly, still in fiberglass but with a less complex finishing and paint. But already a great Vader helmet!

Darth Ugly ANH/ESB/ROTJ

Anyway, if you’re interested in Vader Helmet, you should go to the RPF.com
I spent a lot of time in it before have chosen the route of the Quasi.

Back