Recommondations for a Darth Vader Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So then just to play devils advocate it’s ok to support an unlicensed “prop” because it’s a really well done one then?

See this drives me absolutely insane, this forum completely destroys this kind of talk on any section but the Star Wars section.
I personally have zero problem with it and would purchase one myself if I didn’t already own the EFX and anovos it just shows the hypocrisy of the forum overall. Lol

Ok sorry i did not wanted to create polemic. I thought we could talk about licensed and prop items. Nobody said that a prop was better than a licensed product.
Ok maybe it wasn’t the good forum to talk about props...?

It’s not a problem, like I said if I didn’t aleeady own the others I would have bought a quasi in a heartbeat, it’s a stunning helmet.

What bugs me is that it is ok to talk about it in this section but not the others. I got blasted long ago for a DKR cowl that I got from a prop guy because it wasn’t licensed, and I mean blasted. Lol

Anyways it’s my fault for even bringing it up, I’m glad it’s being talked about and shown because it’s an amazing piece. Carry on.

So then just to play devils advocate it’s ok to support an unlicensed “prop” because it’s a really well done one then?

See this drives me absolutely insane, this forum completely destroys this kind of talk on any section but the Star Wars section.
I personally have zero problem with it and would purchase one myself if I didn’t already own the EFX and anovos it just shows the hypocrisy of the forum overall. Lol

One of the unlicensed problems remains the recasting, that is a big issue and that should be addressed. Otherwise, many of the Star Wars unlicensed props are more accurate than licensed ones.

One of the unlicensed problems remains the recasting, that is a big issue and that should be addressed. Otherwise, many of the Star Wars unlicensed props are more accurate than licensed ones.

So because they are more accurate that makes it ok? Gotcha. Lol

I've heard that the UK's laws for copyright differ in that things like props, costumes etc. are considered industrial design and cannot be copyrighted. I believe this is why companies like RS Props and Skunkwork props(both in the UK) are allowed to manufacture and sell props. I've never heard of Lucasfilm/Disney come down on RS for anything.

I've heard that the UK's laws for copyright differ in that things like props, costumes etc. are considered industrial design and cannot be copyrighted. I believe this is why companies like RS Props and Skunkwork props(both in the UK) are allowed to manufacture and sell props. I've never heard of Lucasfilm/Disney come down on RS for anything.

Andrew Ainsworth lawsuit opened that door for UK prop makers.

Maybe you should not be in this thread if you feel offended by the unlicensed props. Gotcha?

I already said I didn’t care, or did you not comprehend that part? What I did was state that in the Star Wars universe it seems to be excepted where everywhere else it is not.
And your reply makes that fact quite obvious.

If the quasi ESB turns out well, I’ll be in the market for ANH one. Probably not the plastic efx one as I wasn’t too impressed with that.

I’d be interested to hear what other folks have

If you’ll be happy with your Quasi ESB, they also do the ANH

But the budget will probably explose...
But you can go for their ANH Darth Ugly? IMO the best Darth Ugly of the three...

I already said I didn’t care, or did you not comprehend that part? What I did was state that in the Star Wars universe it seems to be excepted where everywhere else it is not.
And your reply makes that fact quite obvious.

Did you mean excepted or accepted? Star Wars section is different on this forum (and on others), for good and bad, when compared to other sections. Accuracy on a comic character is not as much scrutinized as the ones on a movie character, and especially Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Terminator etc.

Ok tried to do better pics of mine. Sorry it's not perfect but as i said previously, the Vader's helmet is really hard to take in picture. You have to be at a certain distance to avoid light distortion...

:wink1:

Did you mean excepted or accepted? Star Wars section is different on this forum (and on others), for good and bad, when compared to other sections. Accuracy on a comic character is not as much scrutinized as the ones on a movie character, and especially Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Terminator etc.
Accepted. Lol

Have you even been to the comic sections? They are just as bad as this one if not worse because there are so many variations from character to character that there is never universal love for anything.

Ok tried to do better pics of mine. Sorry it's not perfect but as i said previously, the Vader's helmet is really hard to take in picture. You have to be at a certain distance to avoid light distortion...

:wink1:

Looks good. It looks like one side of the dome flares out a bit more than the other. I’m guessing it’s intentional?

Yeah I think it’s intentional because most of Quasi do the same. Maybe it’s the angle of the pic...

But I think If you look the EFX Vader from the back you see that the dome is flatter and shorter on one side, what explain the flaring effect from front.

Back