Recommondations for a Darth Vader Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think it’s intentional because most of Quasi do the same. Maybe it’s the angle of the pic...

But I think If you look the EFX Vader from the back you see that the dome is flatter and shorter on one side, what explain the flairing effect from front.

When looking at some of the movie screen shots there is some flaring as well. I ordered a Quasi this month, how long did it take to get yours?

So I got the quasi a couple months ago and it?s a great piece. There are some paint imperfections but it?s something I can live with.

b08efdbdc041a6ceb61f837062aba9e1.jpg

adf7a8e4fe259c613036ae018114526b.jpg

Once again congrats, it’s a beautiful piece!

On your pics it seems flawless. If I look very closely on mine too I can find very little imperfections. I think it’s inevitable on a 100% hand made and hand painted product.
I’m quite sure that if you look at a CFO, TM, JB, JMC, SPFX or any other high end helmets, you’ll find little imperfections.
Even the real prop used on set was full of little imperfections.

You’ve got a beautiful helmet.

Once again congrats, it?s a beautiful piece!

On your pics it seems flawless. If I look very closely on mine too I can find very little imperfections. I think it?s inevitable on a 100% hand made and hand painted product.
I?m quite sure that if you look at a CFO, TM, JB, JMC, SPFX or any other high end helmets, you?ll find little imperfections.
Even the real prop used on set was full of little imperfections.

You?ve got a beautiful helmet.

Thank you. I?ve been looking at pictures at the Anovos helmet and I find the features on that one a bit too soft. For my Quasi helmet I asked Paul to make the inside of the dome smooth. It?s not glossy on the inside but it?s not rough.
I?m very happy with the purchase. Now I need recommendations on an ANH one. Might create a new post for that [emoji846]

Yeah the Anovos is more a hybrid between ESB and ROTJ. It’s already a beautiful helmet but you’re right maybe too soft. The paint, especially the grey seems not as deep as the Quasi.
The inside of the dome on mine is smooth too. Since about two years now, Paul is making them more finished inside, than previously where you used to see the fiberglass in the inside of the tome.

For the ANH question, if it were me, as the EFX (limited or Legend) are now discontinued and very hard to find, and as I don’t have the funds for an other Quasi but delighted with mine, i’ll go for a Darth Ugly, still from Paul.
It’s the ?*entry level*? of the Quasi and for about half the price of this last, it’s already a fantastic piece. And the less refined and more rough paint match perfectly with the ANH look IMO.
A great ANH helmet for sure!

Also can?t go wrong with the EFX ������

True. All three Vader helmets from EFX are good. The PCR is reasonably accurate, and not too expensive, and the Limited and Legend are the best licensed OT Vader helmets out there, but more expensive.

New to this whole helmet world since i mostly collect action figure and a couple of statue.. but I'm always enjoy and want a ROTS Vader helmet for my collection... It's the movie that really an origin of Vader and being that is Mark I and love the whole silhouette, shape of the dome, sleekness and all... can anyone help me to direct which prop maker who did the best non licensed ROTS Vader helmet?
02-Darth-Vader.jpg

Back