Henry Krinkle (Taxi Driver) by CRM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! - I would really like to know about CRM. I'm not "learnt" on the company's origin nor the artists. Are they based in Hong Kong or Japan? did they ever get a license to create these figures?

Thanks again!!!

Hector Martinez
www.urbankungfu.net

As far as I know, they made only three figures -- this one, an Alex DeLarge from "Clockwork Orange" that was popular enough to release twice, and a Jack Nicholson from "The Shining." They were a hit-and-run bootleg operation; no licenses, and they vanished before they could get caught.

China, Hong Kong, and Korea weren't signatory to the Berne Convention, which protects artistic rights, until fairly recently -- 1992 for China, 1997 and 1996 for HK and Korea. Taiwan still isn't signed. There's not a tradition of protecting copyright in that part of the world yet, though it's bound to come eventually. To join WIPO, which protects digital intellectual property, a country must also accept Berne, which dates back to Victor Hugo. There's great political pressure to join WIPO because so much is being stolen through piracy.

Anyway, in an atmosphere where ownership rights have long been ignored, an unlicensed operation could issue something without getting caught, and slip away into the night before the copyright holders finally tracked them down. And that's probably why the individuals involved in CRM are as mysterious as D.B. Cooper.

End of :lecture

Really like your collection, Hector. I have a similar admiration for Arnie's works going way back. I have a GOD figure I got directly from him back before Enterbay was born. And I liberated one of his 18" Art Asylum resculpts from the infamous Kwok. The SPR Miller in my sig has Arnie's Miller head.

Hello "Gruff" - Thank you for the wealth of information, it is highly appreciated. I heard that CRM changed their name to "Devil Lock" or something to that effect. I think I may go for the "A Clockwork Orange" figure next. CRM also produced 2 Aliens based on Japanese manga.

Peace and thanks again!

Hector Martinez

Congrats man! I love that figure too. Classic low number CRM and definitely their best figure. The Alex is nice, but the whole Henry Krinkle package is the tits!

DSC05517.jpg

DSC06085.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC06073.jpg

DSC06078.jpg

In 2011 though--I think he needs a repaint, body swap, and weathering. The eye paint make him look Asian and I think a talented painter could bring out the sculpt even more. I don't have the box for mine (which is awesome). Did yours have the forearm sliding holster with it? More pics!

Never liked those figures...
Out-dated now, no doubt. But for the time, I guess they were serviceable.

Many customizers now have done and will do a better job on every aspects of those figures.

Never liked those figures...
Out-dated now, no doubt. But for the time, I guess they were serviceable.

Many customizers now have done and will do a better job on every aspects of those figures.

I'm not really a fan of the other figures either but the Alex one I still think looks great. The head sculpt is definitely a huge step behind figures today in terms of realism and detail but still I like it a lot, it's got the same appeal I find in an old GI Joe figure. I suppose I mean that it looks more like a "toy" than what HT and so forth put out and in some cases I really like that.

I've had this figure on an eBay saved search for probably over a year now, so that I receive an email if it pops up for under $350, but in all that time it hasn't come up. I wouldn't pay $350 but maybe around the $200 mark. The only way it'll get to that price though I think is if HT or someone similar come out with a new version and other people start dumping their CRM figure, and even then I guess it's not certain.

Really all I want is the head. The clothing and so forth I could take or leave, I think that's all been out-done by others, but the head, that's something else.

I love the knock offs. Subway Jack is one of my favorite figs bar none. I would love to have that 'Krinkle' standing right next to him. Good score!:clap

I hafta disagree at least with regards to the CRM Krinkle head-sculpt. I've not seen a more accurate sculpt of Deniro from Taxi Driver. I've seen better overall figures, but not a better sculpt.

I hafta disagree at least with regards to the CRM Krinkle head-sculpt. I've not seen a more accurate sculpt of Deniro from Taxi Driver. I've seen better overall figures, but not a better sculpt.

HIs name is velvet morning:

tdpr%2Bcopy.jpg

Best, period!

HIs name is velvet morning:

tdpr%2Bcopy.jpg

Best, period!

It's probably the photo, but I don't see a smudge of Deniro in that left sculpt. The nose is a little long and I'm not real sure about the expression. I love VM's work, I own some of it--but the CRM Deniro has more Bobby D in it than any other.

Back