Help please! - computer spyware related

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulksmashed

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I got a virus on my computer that I have come across before but I can't get rid of it.

I just got it today after a "computer spyware" pop up add. I searched for files created today and there were a freakin TON. My computer will not let me delete them because they are "being used by another person or program. Obviously the under running spyware is using them, but I can't figure out how to shut it down. This damn spyware shuts down McAfee and if you try adaware it pretty much blows up your computer.

Any suggestions besides get a new computer???:banghead:banghead

Re: Help please!

is it a virus or adware? what do you have for adware removers if any?

Not sure what it is exactly. It adds an icon to my windows bar that says "your computer has been infected. Click here to install anti-spyware" which is obviously the spyware itself.

Another nifty feature is that it prevents the opening of Task Manager!

I dont have any anti-spyware programs except macafee. I had this about a year ago though, and when I ran Adaware it turned my computer red and shut down the scanning.

You will probably have to format your hard drive and reload your OS.

So I got a virus on my computer that I have come across before but I can't get rid of it.

I just got it today after a "computer spyware" pop up add. I searched for files created today and there were a freakin TON. My computer will not let me delete them because they are "being used by another person or program. Obviously the under running spyware is using them, but I can't figure out how to shut it down. This damn spyware shuts down McAfee and if you try adaware it pretty much blows up your computer.

Any suggestions besides get a new computer???:banghead:banghead

To start boot into safemode

start - run - type "msconfig" - startup tab - uncheck whatever you do not know. Try to run AV or spyware scans from safemode. Reboot and see where your at. If your able to download any additonal programs I would try to get windows defender from microsofts website. Depending on what you have CWShredder is another and Hijackthis. Use caution when using Hijackthis. If you delete the wrong thing you'll be reformatting (which will also solve your problem)

i already sent him on the right track. he shouldnt need to reload his OS or anything. hopefully he comes out alright. it sounds like a malware trojan that keeps telling you to download adware remover which is actually just more adware.

Back