Hellboy II PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this at regular price...a week later they put it on sale. I called SS today to see if they would credit me back the differance. They said they couldnt because I bought it before the sale...WTF:mad:...I've spent over $7000 on your stuff in 1 year SS! You cant throw me the $50 credit...

Chris

This pf is AWESOME! Big and beautiful! Love the pose, base, likeness, skin texture, clothes, everything!

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

hb4.jpg

It's nice, for sure, but... may be the lighting, the angle, whatever, hasn't anybody noticed the RHoD is out of proportion? It's much bigger than that, am I wrong?

Yeah. That's been a common complaint from many based on photos, but once in hand, many, myself included, have decided it doesn't look very bad/small at all.

This is one of the best PFs of the year for sure. Some say the RHOD looks a little small, but when you have it in hand it's very acceptable. Every other aspect of this piece is outstanding.

Only just saw the Ex was on sale so from yesterday saying i really want one i've just ordered can't wait it's sweet!!! :rock

I bought this at regular price...a week later they put it on sale. I called SS today to see if they would credit me back the differance. They said they couldnt because I bought it before the sale...WTF:mad:...I've spent over $7000 on your stuff in 1 year SS! You cant throw me the $50 credit...

Chris

If you buy a loaf of bread at the supermarket one day then see its on offer a few days later, you aint getting the difference back no matter how much you belly ache...Get over it my friend:rolleyes:

If you buy a loaf of bread at the supermarket one day then see its on offer a few days later, you aint getting the difference back no matter how much you belly ache...Get over it my friend:rolleyes:

It's not that crazy of an idea. Just the other day I went to Best Buy and got money back on a Blu-ray movie I bought because they put it on sale a few days later. Of course no company is obligated to do this, but it's a nice gesture that can often have rewards in terms of building customer loyalty.

It's much easier to offer that kind of gesture on a mass produced item as opposed to something produced as a limited edition. If a dvd goes on sale for a week and 650 people come back for the discount refund, they just go on selling the same dvd the following week continuing to make huge profits (not to mention they got the customer back in the store to potentially buy more stuff on the way out, which is kinda the idea). If Sideshow offers a special sale, and 650 people come back asking for a discount, all the sudden they lose money on the entire run of that given statue. It's not a totally accurate comparison.

Surely they couldn't have sold more than a handful of these in the week or so before the sale started. I don't think giving those people a good faith refund of the difference (if asked) would cause them to lose money on the entire run of the statue. That said, I'm not saying that they have to do so -- just that asking for such a refund isn't so eye-rollingly dumb as some people are saying.

It's much easier to offer that kind of gesture on a mass produced item as opposed to something produced as a limited edition. If a dvd goes on sale for a week and 650 people come back for the discount refund, they just go on selling the same dvd the following week continuing to make huge profits (not to mention they got the customer back in the store to potentially buy more stuff on the way out, which is kinda the idea). If Sideshow offers a special sale, and 650 people come back asking for a discount, all the sudden they lose money on the entire run of that given statue. It's not a totally accurate comparison.

i see your point, but in this case ssc definately isn't losing money on these statues, even if they took 15% off of the whole edition size.
since i know they give about 30% discount to dealers and on top of that they also have another price discount for distributors. so this $300+ retail statue is probably costing ssc in the area of $100-$150.

a credit for anyone that has bought this piece in the last 30 days for at least the purchase price differance (not including shipping) wouldn't be out of reason imo.
in the end though it is up to ssc if they want to alienate customers or not.

received mine today #449/600!

absolutely loving this pf!

A question though, the brown jacket which exposes the right leg seems abit too tight.. seems like the RHOD is restricting the movement on my piece.. is there a way to loosen it without apply pressure ?

received mine today #449/600!

absolutely loving this pf!

A question though, the brown jacket which exposes the right leg seems abit too tight.. seems like the RHOD is restricting the movement on my piece.. is there a way to loosen it without apply pressure ?

I found the same thing on mine...it was really really tight. Infact it I couldnt even expose his right leg. So I just ended up folding it over to get the same effect. But I wouldnt force it if I were you....you could end up breaking his right arm off.

Chris

thanks for the replies. maybe the price had something to do with it. It sure looks great and I'm glad that it's still in stock.

Back