Hell on Wheels (new AMC Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Lily was the first woman Bohannon had been with since his wife, and that's why he was acting weird. :dunno

Btw, I find her very attractive. :lecture

Maybe Lily was the first woman Bohannon had been with since his wife, and that's why he was acting weird. :dunno

Btw, I find her very attractive. :lecture

I can understand that. And I also understand that's it's tv and all. It was more her really. She looked bored. Come on! Put some UMPH into it. :D

He had to be an improvement over Thomas! :monkey4

I'm sorry. I wasn't picking a fight or anything. I was just wondering why you would call her that.

In a sense, isn't she though? She was sleeping with the owner of the company (a married man, though not sure that makes much difference) to get her position in the town.

Not saying this in a completely judgemental way as her only obligation is to seek her own happiness and security, but isn't that really what a whore does?

In a sense, isn't she though? She was sleeping with the owner of the company (a married man, though not sure that makes much difference) to get her position in the town.

Not saying this in a completely judgemental way as her only obligation is to seek her own happiness and security, but isn't that really what a whore does?

Was she doing it for her position? Women in those days did what they had to do to just survive. After her husband's death, I'm not sure what she really had. I can't really remember the dialogue between her and Thomas when all that started so I don't really know what her reasoning was.

I find Thomas to be more of a whore.

Ewww... :lol

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Isn't that what prostitutes of all eras have done? Including the modern era? :dunno

Yes, but what I meant was, the opportunities for a woman alone weren't there back then. They were practically property.

Hell, my mother signing up for a Sears credit card when she was younger had to get my dad's signature, or you may as well say, his permission, to have one. And she made more money than he did!

It's hard for me to explain what I want to really. I've never cared for women being called whores simply because there's no male equivalent to it.

The word is more pejoritive that I mean to imply in her sense (or any other woman's real or fictional that literally have to do it to survive.) But it is accurate to say Lily was/is sleeping with men for her own security.

Some woman marry for the same reason. If you've read or seen the movies Pride and Prejudice the character Charlotte marries that dufus Mr. Collins purely for security. We don't consider her a whore because she marries him.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pass judgement, but I do think that Lily's motives for sleeping with Thomas had nothing to do with feelings for him.

Her look of "what do I do now" when he said he's going to reconcile with his wife tells it all. And then of course she goes and finds Bohannon. :lol

As for men, its pretty rare that a man needs to sleep with a woman for financial gain, but if he did then definately "whore" is the right word.

Yes, but what I meant was, the opportunities for a woman alone weren't there back then. They were practically property.

Hell, my mother signing up for a Sears credit card when she was younger had to get my dad's signature, or you may as well say, his permission, to have one. And she made more money than he did!

It's hard for me to explain what I want to really. I've never cared for women being called whores simply because there's no male equivalent to it.

there certainly is a HUGE double standard still today when it comes to money and credit rating etc. look at a couple that gets divorced, the man gets the credit rating and the woman gets **** and has to start over.:dunno

and look what i started by a simple comment....:monkey3

i was only using the WORD simply because they seem to use it quite a bit on the show, and maybe cause she seems to be doing a bit of bed hoping.:dunno

The word is more pejoritive that I mean to imply in her sense (or any other woman's real or fictional that literally have to do it to survive.) But it is accurate to say Lily was/is sleeping with men for her own security.

Some woman marry for the same reason. If you've read or seen the movies Pride and Prejudice the character Charlotte marries that dufus Mr. Collins purely for security. We don't consider her a whore because she marries him.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pass judgement, but I do think that Lily's motives for sleeping with Thomas had nothing to do with feelings for him.

Her look of "what do I do now" when he said he's going to reconcile with his wife tells it all. And then of course she goes and finds Bohannon. :lol

As for men, its pretty rare that a man needs to sleep with a woman for financial gain, but if he did then definately "whore" is the right word.

That's what I meant by security. But then, maybe she did have some feelings for him. She seemed to when he got shot. And I think now she feels he's dead.

I don't think men use the word whore simply to describe women who sleep for money. It's used whenever a woman has more than one man in their life as well. Women can't "date around" like men can.

It will be funny to see when Thomas returns. I'm sure when he finds out that she's with Bohanon, that he'll call her a slut and hoooowwweer! :lol

Of course, HE'S the one who's cheating though.

So where was the Swede headed at the end of the episode... Back to the Sioux?

He sure can take a beating, btw. And I wonder why he was locked up in Andersonville.

Back