• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is: CF has been treating Prog very badly and he needs to straiten it out. He is being flaky and extremely inconsiderate and frankly he has embarrassed me by letting my defend him time and again.

I think the bottom line is he is a bad seller. Sure you might eventually get your product, but when a time frame has been set, twice, and still nothing, it becomes lying, not just being flaky.

Worse yet, this isnt the 1st time it has happened.

What a disappointment.

At this point thats pretty much how I feel. Like I just loaned someone money unti he decides to return it or follow through with the deal.

Whats kinda funny is that I feel as if my countering his $105 offer with $102.50 put me on the slow time table. :lol

At this point, I've seen the items I bought sell for less. I'd actually come out ahead if I get a flat out refund. I mean, he's had enough time to buy someone else's from ebay for $90, using my money, then ship it to me to clear a $10 profit.

But I don't care either way, I just feel bad about the whole situation and outing someone who's been a otherwise fun member to be around.
Tell ya what bro, if he hasn't delivered in 2 weeks, PM ME and i will get your $$$ back,then it's on me!
:devil:devil:devil

Tell ya what bro, if he hasn't delivered in 2 weeks, PM ME and i will get your $$$ back,then it's on me!
:devil:devil:devil

Nice offer, but I can't accept that. $102.50 isn't going to send me to the poor house, though its no trifle either. My goal in posting is to protect others, so I can't transfer this burden. Thanks man!

To me, there is no gray area. Either it’s a fraudulent transaction or not. Since, false shipping information was given to multiple members, I'm leaning more toward the fraud = ban (or some type or revocation of privileges). A package being returned is an overused and lame fleabay excuse. I once sold an item that was returned and was sure to include the original postage mark and receipt of shipping/purchase to the buyer upon reshipment. Although, we can probably assume the answer is no, you can request the original receipts or proof of shipping. And if you do receive this item, check the postmark and for any labels underneath it.

Like KD has said, a timetable may change, but this situation has escalated to lying which is beyond a flaky seller.

I feel for you PM.

I just got my PF Hulk in from an eBay seller. I didn't get it for three weeks! For the amount of dough I forked over for it, the seller should have delivered it to my house on a silver platter, carried it into my house and then helped me build a display stand.

Needless to say, I have been sweating it out for 3 weeks about whether I would get it at all. I also got the excuse " I shipped it by UPS, but there was a mix up and it got sent back to me, and I will ship it right now."

When I sell something, even a $2 videogame, I send it out the next business day. If something comes up that day, it goes out the following day. That's it, no later. It's not that hard.

As the great Worm of the Krusade, I'd like to take back all form of association that this puny man had with the Great Krusade and its powerful members.I therefore take back his membership and he shall be no more a Brother of the Blood.

Let it be known.

As the great Worm of the Krusade, I'd like to take back all form of association that this puny man had with the Great Krusade and its powerful members.I therefore take back his membership and he shall be no more a Brother of the Blood.

Let it be known.

The Great Worm speaks the truth! This Captain Faramir has been erased from all KURGANIAN scrolls and Libraries. He never existed in Kurgan History!

3 weeks is no big deal. (really, i mean its ebay :duh) but 2 months to mail a simple figure is really asking too much.

Its funny these guys who always seem to lose packages in the mail, or have them bounced back to them never have tracking info. You would think w/ this happening so often to them they would always use the tracking option. pfft.

I think using the commerce section is a privilage - a very nice alternative for eBay.

Always sad to read stories like this and hope a solution will be found very quickly (a refund seems to be fastest way)

Trusting each other and good communication, that is all what counts here.

Now these lies take it to a new level IMO. Obviuosly he has MEANT to lie and decieve. I love how he says he likes to emulate Captain Faramir's values with his green prose. He will have one helluva time selling anything here again and that is how it should be. There should be a "Caveat Emptor" section in the FS area, and the good Captain should be incarcerated into it. Again...IMO.:D

Nah Ed, all that guy has to do is place a couple of these :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 along with "help! im desperate!" and people will be running to his side to buy whatever he has.

Its funny these guys who always seem to lose packages in the mail, or have them bounced back to them never have tracking info. You would think w/ this happening so often to them they would always use the tracking option. pfft.

If I have a shipping delay, I always just say something came up and I apologize for the delay. How hard is that? 99 times out of 100 it isn't a problem. Of course my idea of a delay is 3 days. You don't need to make bull^^^^ stories up to buy time.

Let it be known.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

WOW, I think we might be jumping the gun. CF doesn't seem like the guy to rip someone off. BUT, I don't know the whole story, so it's a poor situation

We need to have some constructive feedback...

funny-pictures-fighting-cats-constructive-feedback.jpg

Define constructive feedback. I believe that is what has occurred. If you mean giving him the benefit of the doubt...there isn't much doubt in the facts.

I think using the commerce section is a privilage - a very nice alternative for eBay.

You see, I think so too.Some members have made a lot of $$$ here because of the great commerce section of this board.And DarkLord Dave never charged any fees for all the transaction here, Wich is kick ass.This is why I think we should protect the integrity of the commerce section of this board at all cost.Hell, some people even become members here just to sell stuff cause they heard its a great board for it.Now people have accused me a lot of time of trolling here (in the commerce forum) or lynching faulty members, But I believe those kind of behavior are unacceptable for the integrity of this place of commerce.ITS NOT LIKE ITS THE FIRST TIME WITH CF...Everyone has the right to made mistakes.But this kid as made too many here.CF use the money from board members to buy himself those hobbits he couldnt even afford...

CF - This is an expensive hobby and It's clear that you can't afford it, Why dont you get into it when you finish school and have a great job to buy yourself all the figures you want.... Stop skrewing with people around here.Excuses wont matter anymore....The Captain Faramir personna you have created here doesnt represent you at all in real life and you have dishonnored all the high ideals you preach for.

You see, I think so too.Some members have made a lot of $$$ here because of the great commerce section of this board.And DarkLord Dave never charged any fees for all the transaction here, Wich is kick ass.This is why I think we should protect the integrity of the commerce section of this board at all cost.Hell, some people even become members here just to sell stuff cause they heard its a great board for it.Now people have accused me a lot of time of trolling here (in the commerce forum) or lynching faulty members, But I believe those kind of behavior are unacceptable for the integrity of this place of commerce.ITS NOT LIKE ITS THE FIRST TIME WITH CF...Everyone has the right to made mistakes.But this kid as made too many here.CF use the money from board members to buy himself those hobbits he couldnt even afford...

CF - This is an expensive hobby and It's clear that you can't afford it, Why dont you get into it when you finish school and have a great job to buy yourself all the figures you want.... Stop skrewing with people around here.Excuses wont matter anymore....The Captain Faramir personna you have created here doesnt represent you at all in real life and you have dishonnored all the high ideals you preach for.

I agree 100% with this.
How many new members have joined with the sole purpose of selling (or fleecing) in the commerce section. 50 comments, great--who wants an Exc. Doom?
I hope that Captain Faramir comes forward and is able in some way to clear his name-- but I, like most others here, get very upset when I see some abuse our sense of community and hurt the spirit of collecting. That's the true brotherhood--and sisterhood-- (no offense guys) that needs to be protected.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

While we are on the subject of Dave letting folks sell for free here, he needs to start charging members to use the Commerce section!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back