• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, where do you see that CF has a neutral feedback? I'm just curious where to get info on people when transacting?

I feel for ya PM:monkey2, hope CF can get his ^^^^ together as well, he seems to be a good dude as well. Hope everything works out for ya PM, my friend!!!

Well, he's told me he shipped it twice.

The first time was 2 weeks after I ordered it, I asked where it was and he said he forgot and mailed it that day. 2 weeks after that I asked him where it was and he said it was returned and he just resent it (this time "2 day delivery") but that was July 1 and I live in the next state over. What makes me worried is he never sent a tracking number and never sent follow up emails like "did you get it".

If I honestly made a mistake and forgot, I would be following up to be sure the person got it when I remembered to send it.

Now these lies take it to a new level IMO. Obviuosly he has MEANT to lie and decieve. I love how he says he likes to emulate Captain Faramir's values with his green prose. He will have one helluva time selling anything here again and that is how it should be. There should be a "Caveat Emptor" section in the FS area, and the good Captain should be incarcerated into it. Again...IMO.:D

You've got a LOT of patience! And I thought I did. After 2-3 weeks I start to get antsy if nothing's been received. Good luck!

If a person comes along with the intent to rip people off (which I again assert, CF didn't) then they should be banned. But when a seller is just being flaky and inconsiderate about mailing things off it really is the board members responsibility to take the chance. I don't think his selling/buying privileges should be revoked, but extra caution should be exercised by everyone else.

IMO.

If a person comes along with the intent to rip people off (which I again assert, CF didn't) then they should be banned. But when a seller is just being flaky and inconsiderate about mailing things off it really is the board members responsibility to take the chance. I don't think his selling/buying privileges should be revoked, but extra caution should be exercised by everyone else.

IMO.

Right on PIX, but to sell ^^^^, you should have extra $$$ around for something like this, right?

Typically when you sell something, the monies agreed on include the shipping. So the shipping should come out of that.

IMO.

What if a guy has the intent to sell you something but then decides later ripping you off is easier or ends up using your money as a long term loan until paypal drags it out of their deadbeat azz? That goes beyond flakey into flat out dishonest. Again...IMO.:D

I think you answered the question yourself. But applying that to CF ("but then decides later ripping you off is easier or ends up using your money as a long term loan") is merely speculation at best.

ends up using your money as a long term loan until paypal drags it out of their deadbeat azz?

At this point thats pretty much how I feel. Like I just loaned someone money unti he decides to return it or follow through with the deal.

Whats kinda funny is that I feel as if my countering his $105 offer with $102.50 put me on the slow time table. :lol

At this point, I've seen the items I bought sell for less. I'd actually come out ahead if I get a flat out refund. I mean, he's had enough time to buy someone else's from ebay for $90, using my money, then ship it to me to clear a $10 profit.

But I don't care either way, I just feel bad about the whole situation and outing someone who's been a otherwise fun member to be around.

What if a guy has the intent to sell you something but then decides later ripping you off is easier or ends up using your money as a long term loan until paypal drags it out of their deadbeat azz? That goes beyond flakey into flat out dishonest. Again...IMO.:D

Could be wrong but, CF doesn't seen the type to be the rip off kind, that said, me thinks he is having $$$ trouble.Could be wrong though.

I think you answered the question yourself. But applying that to CF ("but then decides later ripping you off is easier or ends up using your money as a long term loan") is merely speculation at best.

I think the fact he has lied about shipping twice when it would cost 12-13.00 at most parcel post turns that speculation into flat fact. He may not have at the time and still may not have a goal of ripping PM off, but the fact is he is using the money given to him in good faith and not providing the good promised. Call it as you will. I call it crook.

I must admit I sympathise with the buyer.

At the moment I am in a similar situation with a board member, I brought and paid for a figure with $18 shipping and it took ages for the seller to ship it out, which was on the 9th June, although it is postage to the UK with $18 postage it should have been sent Airmail - its also a loose figure by the way (not boxed).

4 1/2 weeks passed on the 8th July and still no figure, it has apparently been posted by surface mail which according to my postal service it should be here in a maximum of 6 weeks.

The items been sent to the UK and I have had packages sent by numerous members on this board which I have paid about the same postage for (some figures boxed) and they arrived in 5 days or less.

3 figures that an eBay seller sent on the 10th June (day after this one) arrived the following Tuesday.

At this stage I am obliged to give the seller the 6 weeks that the Royal Mail in the UK have stated but after that I will ask for a full refund if the item is not here and I will have to name him on the board if he refuses.

We pay in good faith and we just expect our goods, is it too much to ask??

Sorry I am not happy at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back