(Heads Ready) Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein Interest TH.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein Interest TH.

I go to see Rennie most weekends and we spend time doing man-dollies, and I know that he's spent a hell of a lot of time trying to get this one right. How spooky that on different sides of the planet, at the same time, the same figures, from the same film, with same costume :horror

I´m working on old actors and characters from TV and movies.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65050
sorry, I have no time to take a look at all proyects same time .
This Costello You show is very good, anyway I´m working on another scaring expression.
I´m working on several heads at same time, Heston, McQueen, Alex Delarge etc,,, for my collection, I say sorry if there are simmilar projects...

Ok Guys...Got some first shots of Lou...Page one check it out! He told me he will finish up some more details, and finalize it, Bud coming!

That is fantastic, love the expression. Alex is really on fire.

Seems to me Lou's chin is out of proportion, but a good start. I'm interested in a set of heads pending the final sculpts.

Sean

Seems to me Lou's chin is out of proportion, but a good start. I'm interested in a set of heads pending the final sculpts.

Sean

Not Finalized yet like I mentioned...It will be all good.

I hate to say this, because I love this project so much, but I think the scared expression is throwing off the likeness. I wish you had chosen a more neutral expression. There is just something a bit off here.

mmmm,,,, I thougth the same in some place of way,,, what do you think?

I agree with jungle Jom and would prefer a more neutral expression, although I think this prelim is really nice. A little chin adjustment, and it will be spot on...I'm getting really excited! Thanks Alex (and Moe)!

I searched for some pics of Lou and found some where he has the same expression you are going for. Maybe the slightly different angles will help to refine the sculpt. I would still prefer a less animated expression but thats just me.

I actually like the scared surprised look and once the hat is placed, it will be great! Alex will fine tune it, that's why we have you guys to say what needs to be done.

Here is another shot of him... He still looks frightened but his face is not as contorted as in the previous shots. This look is something I could live with while not exactly what I envisioned.

When this Model Kit came out many years ago, I was crazy about this...It was a 1/6 scale resin Kit, and the Head sculpts were perfect reaction look to the film. A staright look in my opinion would just be any Abbott and Costello look, Like whos on First or something...
ac02.jpg

Moe, I get what you're saying about completly straight look not being appropriate for this film look. I just think a toned down scared expression would look better for the House of Horrors scene. I think Lou only made that face once, when they opened Frankie's crate, for most of the scene he had a less exaggerated expression. More apprehensive and frightened than shocked.

I always liked that resin kit you pictured, I love the Abbott sculpt but the Costello never seemed right, but it did fit with that moment when Frankie is revealed.

I know Dennis (dls712) isn't really digging the expression so far and I'm not really happy with it so far either. I know Alex is very talented and he may be able to pull this together, his other sculpts I've seen on this board are indeed outstanding and instantly recognizable, so I will wait for the final sculpt before I make a decision on this.

Thanks Moe for tackling this project Bud and Lou are dream figures for me.

Moe, I get what you're saying about completly straight look not being appropriate for this film look. I just think a toned down scared expression would look better for the House of Horrors scene. I think Lou only made that face once, when they opened Frankie's crate, for most of the scene he had a less exaggerated expression. More apprehensive and frightened than shocked.

I always liked that resin kit you pictured, I love the Abbott sculpt but the Costello never seemed right, but it did fit with that moment when Frankie is revealed.

I know Dennis (dls712) isn't really digging the expression so far and I'm not really happy with it so far either. I know Alex is very talented and he may be able to pull this together, his other sculpts I've seen on this board are indeed outstanding and instantly recognizable, so I will wait for the final sculpt before I make a decision on this.

Thanks Moe for tackling this project Bud and Lou are dream figures for me.

Ok Buddy...Let me ask Alex If he can do something with what he has now to tone it down some ok? I want everyone to be Happy! Thanks for all your Post on this.

Thanks so much Moe... these figures are real important to me and much wanted for many years. Again thanks for taking this project on, I know it is a lot of work for both you and Alex.

Your dedication is much appreciated.

Hey No Worries he will get it right for all of us...I been waiting to do this for years, but never got around to it. Been a fan since a kid, and grew up watching it on a pull down screen home Projector super 16 with my Grandfather. So I know how important it is to you.

See I am already, Got my custom Hand made movie Sign...Working on the wall mount
acdougal.jpg

Nice start on that sign, Moe.

Here is a shot of mine, my son created the graphic elements for it, I made the wooden part and the mounting bracket.

The second image contains of the graphic elements my son made for the crate, sign and and Dracula crest. If you want... feel free to use any element you need.

I´m agree with you Jungle Jom, He will be scared but not much.
Here some advances, He is NOT FINISHED YET ,,, I´m working,,, I´m working,,,

costello32.jpg

costello31.jpg

comments are welcome.

Wow...looks great!

Back