HCG Ghostbusters Lifesize Slimer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did i think? WHERE THE HELL AM I GONNA PUT THIS?? It's HUGE!

That thing is going in my room somewhere! I don't care where but I'm making it fit in my collector's room. [emoji848][emoji15][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way Ehollywood thanks for the pics on Slimer and updates! Much appreciated since I've got him on POD.

Max Power

Surprisingly, I saw the Life Size NECA Slimer at the FYE In the Park City Mall in Lancaster, PA today.

First impression HE IS HUGE. much more massive than I thought he would be. So large I don't even want to get it because he is a little Smaller than 2 life size Predator busts. Massive!

The NECA 1:1 gremlins were finished pretty well for it being NECA. This guy looked pretty ******. Both arms have two AWFUL seams. I mean I've seen $100 Halloween props that have better seams it was bad. The was a pretty bad seam going down the side of this head from when he was pulled out of the mold. It's pretty bad as well.

One surprising thing was the NECA version DID NOT cover up the crack of his ass! This version had full-crack!

I didn't not get conformation this was in fact the NECA version but I believe it had to be as they had the life size foam Harley Quinn, I mean what else could it be, right?

Overall, he's HUGE. the finishing is about a 3/10. He looked like a Halloween prop. Not a $600 collectible. If I bought the NECA version I would have to give it a total repaint.

I was in town for a wedding and so happy I saw
Slimer in person as he is officially now off my list. At $200-$300 I may get him but not for $600. Even if i got him for a deal he is MASSIVE it would be a nightmare to find space for him.

I also saw the life size Alien Egg. That was also massive, but pretty stupid In my opinion. But it was
Cool seeing the life size props in a mall. Shame malls in North Jersey dont display life size props like these!

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I saw the Life Size NECA Slimer at the FYE In the Park City Mall in Lancaster, PA today.

First impression HE IS HUGE. much more massive than I thought he would be. So large I don't even want to get it because he is a little Smaller than 2 life size Predator busts. Massive!

The NECA 1:1 gremlins were finished pretty well for it being NECA. This guy looked pretty ******. Both arms have two AWFUL seams. I mean I've seen $100 Halloween props that have better seams it was bad. The was a pretty bad seam going down the side of this head from when he was pulled out of the mold. It's pretty bad as well.

One surprising thing was the NECA version DID NOT cover up the crack of his ass! This version had full-crack!

I didn't not get conformation this was in fact the NECA version but I believe it had to be as they had the life size foam Harley Quinn, I mean what else could it be, right?

Overall, he's HUGE. the finishing is about a 3/10. He looked like a Halloween prop. Not a $600 collectible. If I bought the NECA version I would have to give it a total repaint.

I was in town for a wedding and so happy I saw
Slimer in person as he is officially now off my list. At $200-$300 I may get him but not for $600. Even if i got him for a deal he is MASSIVE it would be a nightmare to find space for him.

I also saw the life size Alien Egg. That was also massive, but pretty stupid In my opinion. But it was
Cool seeing the life size props in a mall. Shame malls in North Jersey dont display life size props like these!

Thanks for the info! No pics????
Well that's too bad I had a feeling that the quality might not be there based on my past experience with having the Gremlins and with my E.T.

https://youtu.be/0Qmw9I4ozEI

Wow a lot of people are saying how massive he is...gulp... I've made some space for him in my little room I hope he fits-now I'm nervous[emoji15] but I have to have him. So for me it's the HCG one but that's disappointing that Neca could leave his crack in tact and that HCG omitted it, that's BS, if that's the case then HCG likely is lying about its mold and/or its their choice to not include his ass crack not the Studio's restriction, as previously claimed by them, interesting.....

Maybe after the Neca Slimer shows up on YouTube in full crack glory and people complain about HCG's version being crackless HCG will change their mind and delay it and redo it with crack??? I wouldn't mind a delay in order for them to get it 100% right. Just saying.

Anyway thanks again Bezzerkerr, much appreciated the info.

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seen this at Monstermania today. He is HUGE!!! Almost twice the size I expected him to be. While you could see the seam, this one didn't seem as bad as other previously described. NECA's does look good, but glad I got the HCG one coming. The missing crack doesn't bother me that much. I just have no clue where he's going to go. I believe NECA's comes with out a box. If he's a one piece, I have no clue how HCG is going to box him. He might have to ship freight. He's that big people. I seen photos & videos but until you see him in person you don't realize just how big he is. HUGE!!!

Seen this at Monstermania today. He is HUGE!!! Almost twice the size I expected him to be. While you could see the seam, this one didn't seem as bad as other previously described. NECA's does look good, but glad I got the HCG one coming. The missing crack doesn't bother me that much. I just have no clue where he's going to go. I believe NECA's comes with out a box. If he's a one piece, I have no clue how HCG is going to box him. He might have to ship freight. He's that big people. I seen photos & videos but until you see him in person you don't realize just how big he is. HUGE!!!

It's an assembled item for the Neca one according to instructions, likely the HCG will be too because of its size although I rather he be one solid piece to avoid nasty visual seams in connecting pieces. [emoji848] I may have to rethink space for him now.
IMG_1609.JPG

He is the approximate size of a mid-sized Rubbermade BRUTE outdoor garbage can.

Thanks! That reference helps me a lot, time to go to the store and check out how big that is in comparison to what space I originally had for him.

What do you think Bezzerkerr? I have reserve that table (without the Flux Capacitor) for it, you think that space will be suffice or is it too small? That table is about 45.5" long 26.3 wide. I will display with its stand which should be fine but the body may be another issue where that table sits as I'm hoping the body is not bigger than the table.

f000be87c1cde43026cb1355053ec5e2.jpg

Of course that question is directed to you and anyone that has seen it in person.

He should fit. U have the HCG on order? I think that one comes with a stand. I'm not sure how he sits on the floor or shelf. If u look at the NECA diagram the bottom of Slimer is cut at an angle so it displays him at an angle meant to be displayed on a floor looking upward, not straight forward like traditional busts or statues. He's a little less than three feet tall and but if the HGC has the stand it may need to be displayed safely on the stand. If ur table is a foot off the ground and the HCG stand adds an additional 1-2 feet hey may be eye level of you display on that table. Who knows!

He should fit. U have the HCG on order? I think that one comes with a stand. I'm not sure how he sits on the floor or shelf. If u look at the NECA diagram the bottom of Slimer is cut at an angle so it displays him at an angle meant to be displayed on a floor looking upward, not straight forward like traditional busts or statues. He's a little less than three feet tall and but if the HGC has the stand it may need to be displayed safely on the stand. If ur table is a foot off the ground and the HCG stand adds an additional 1-2 feet hey may be eye level of you display on that table. Who knows!

Okay got it! Yeah I have the HCG one on order so he will likely be at eye level because that table is about 17" tall with the stand being at 50" he'll be 67" over 5ft off the ground. Hopefully the stand is solid and his body is not too large for the area around that table; would like to display him perhaps with a statue and or with a 1:1 scale proton pack on that table but not sure how much space he will take up on that table.
Thanks for the help.

Max Power

That's what i've been saying when i saw the HCG one at comic con. I don't know where i'd be able to put him lol. He's wide on all sides and with the arms, will take up a massive amount of space.

That's what i've been saying when i saw the HCG one at comic con. I don't know where i'd be able to put him lol. He's wide on all sides and with the arms, will take up a massive amount of space.

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Any updates from HCG on shipping? almost at the end of August and nothing yet, and they've yet to update their website with a new release date. I keep sending emails inquiring about it but I get no response.

[emoji849]

Any updates from HCG on shipping? almost at the end of August and nothing yet, and they've yet to update their website with a new release date. I keep sending emails inquiring about it but I get no response.

[emoji849]

They respond super quick on their Facebook page

They respond super quick on their Facebook page

Have they said anything on shipping? BBTS has it for September so considering we are at the end of August I guess September may be the new date.

I'm so excited to get this and have absolutely nowhere to display it. :dunno

Ha ha ha[emoji23] so funny man! I think I'm in the same boat [emoji51], I've made some room but from what everyone is saying size wise it may be a struggle to fit him where I thought he would go...whatever he's going in my room even if I have to sit on the floor.

Max Power

Hey guys I just saw a video the Neca Slimer on another conversion forum here, it's on the 1/4 Slimer at the diner table statue, and yep Neca's version has the crack. So it's definitely HCG that made the decision to censor Slimer's butt because Neca certainly didn't had an issue nor the studio with them. Bummer for all of us HCG Slimer buyers who are paying the premium price for a censored version of him.
I think I'm going to send them an email[emoji848] about that. And anyone who contacts them through Facebook should asked them too, what's up with that!? Are they saying that Neca has greater pull on this character than them?? If anyone gets an answe for that please do post. I've asked the the guy on the forum to post the video here for us or simple look up the thread here.

Max Power

Back