HCG 1:1 Alien Bust!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seriously considering ordering this baby. Does anyone know of another retailer that has it for cheaper? Razor's Edge has it for retail, but gives free shipping (which would save me about $50). You do have to pay $99.99 at the time of ordering though.

I'm seriously considering ordering this baby. Does anyone know of another retailer that has it for cheaper? Razor's Edge has it for retail, but gives free shipping (which would save me about $50). You do have to pay $99.99 at the time of ordering though.

Secret Compass on e-bay has 999.00 or best offer, small deposit. and great positive feedback, he carries most sideshow stuff. he doesnt take much less on his item , usually 50.00 to 75.00 off. he has 1 or 2 avail. looks like

Another quote from Statue Forums, directly from HCG:

Actually the production pieces will be lighter, around 30lbs. They will be fiberglass, rather than solid resin, so will look the same but be stronger & lighter.

I was hoping for a heavy bust, but I guess the 30lbs. will have to do. Sorry to keep dragging info into this thread, but I am enamored with this release.

:D

Another quote from Statue Forums, directly from HCG:

Actually the production pieces will be lighter, around 30lbs. They will be fiberglass, rather than solid resin, so will look the same but be stronger & lighter.

I was hoping for a heavy bust, but I guess the 30lbs. will have to do. Sorry to keep dragging info into this thread, but I am enamored with this release.

:D

Post all the info you want dude.

This thing is AMAZING and I've pre-ordered mine. I've got money set aside for it that I WILL NOT TOUCH for anything else. And that's saying alot for me. :cool:

I WILL have this in my collection!

I've preordered as well Sabres! Went with their awesome 6 pay, which makes it feel all too easy. Not like spending $1000! The bust really does look awesome. My only concerns would be with the production paint apps, and hoping the dome comes out looking as good as the proto looks to my eyes. From what I have seen that is.

Then there is the problem of rearranging the entire collection room to center around this awesome bust!

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more buzz about this. If Sideshow had announced the same thing, people would be going crazy, I bet.

Its the curse of the $1K price tag! The "costlier" items always take longer to sell through as customers do all their "soul-searching" and budgeting and financial flowcharts to determine if it would/wouldnt be a prudent move to make etc.

Although I always found it personally odd that the same collectors that shy away from a $1K piece have no problems with getting 5 $200 pieces.... :huh

Its the curse of the $1K price tag! The "costlier" items always take longer to sell through as customers do all their "soul-searching" and budgeting and financial flowcharts to determine if it would/wouldnt be a prudent move to make etc.

Although I always found it personally odd that the same collectors that shy away from a $1K piece have no problems with getting 5 $200 pieces.... :huh

Believe the reason comes from having a liquidation plan b. Buying 5 $200 pieces means you can sell one or two maybe even three if you have an emergency.

This is not the same for larger or more expensive collectables. This is even more true if you're not in the states. Shipping something like this internationally would make selling even more impossible.

That might be a factor. But I think there are other reasons. For one thing, most people like to have variety rather than sinking everything into one or two pieces. But I think it's mostly because it doesn't seem like you're spending as much if you do it a bit at a time. I went back and looked at how much I spent on less expensive PFs, and it's a lot more than I really realized. In any case, I'm considering selling a number of things that I'm not really that fond of in order to get this. Like my 1:1 C-3PO, it's one of those iconic pieces that I can envision keeping for many years to come, unlike the pieces it would be replacing.

$1000 is mucho dinero for most, but I'm really surprised it wasn't priced higher. :horror I really don't like pre-ordering anything because you can almost always find it cheaper once it's released. That is if you don't wait too long and all supply dries up. With this price tag though, it will be available for awhile after it's release.

Those who preordered probably won't be affected if HCG decides to raise the price on this alien bust. That's the only reason I'm slightly leaning toward preordering this instead of just waiting to buy it when released. When action figures are costing $200, the $1000 price of this 1:1 bust seems pretty reasonable. :D

When action figures are costing $200, the $1000 price of this 1:1 bust seems pretty reasonable. :D

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I totally agree, and this is something that will go with me to the grave. Whereas, most of my 1/6 toys, well, they seem to come and go as my tastes dictate. Still, cannot wait for this bust!

I placed a tentative order for this at BBTS. Even though it's retail price, the shipping is cheaper than directly from HCG and I've been very satisfied with the service from BBTS. I am still trying to figure out if it will be possible to reorder my Sideshow 1:1 R2-D2. If I do, I will probably have to cancel this, but otherwise I'll get it. I just have to figure out where to put the darned thing. Right now about the only place it will fit is sideways on top of my Detolfs (and I'm not even sure about that, due to the width).

I am glad it's lighter (and stronger!). I'd rather be able to move it around and not worry about it getting damaged.

What's the story on your R2-D2? I've been able to figure out that you must have the C-3PO. You must have had to make a tough decision...

:confused:

Yes, I have the C-3PO, but I had to cancel R2 due to some unexpected financial problems. I'm not sure if I'll be able to order it again before it's gone (and I'm not 100% sure that I even want to -- it's a lot of money).

Yes, I have the C-3PO, but I had to cancel R2 due to some unexpected financial problems. I'm not sure if I'll be able to order it again before it's gone (and I'm not 100% sure that I even want to -- it's a lot of money).

Can you bear to separate the two? :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Looks stunning :rock

Now I can see your excitement, Andrew :D

Congrats to all those getting this :bunnydanc

your not getting this felipe :confused: this would look sick next to the warrior bust. imo this piece is bad ass looking, but my $ will go towards the predalien :D

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more buzz about this. If Sideshow had announced the same thing, people would be going crazy, I bet.

i think it defn has to do with how some ppl feel about the rep of HCG or the fact that they have never even heard of them before. from what i have seen, they push out quality pieces :huh

Back