HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
‘Game of Thrones’ actor J.J. Murphy dies four days into filming season 5 at 86
By Variety StaffPublished August 11, 2014Variety

“Game of Thrones” actor J.J. Murphy has died four days after shooting his first scenes for season five of the HBO series. He was 86.

The Northern Ireland native collapsed and died on Friday, Aug. 8, according to the Belfast Telegraph. Murphy was cast as Ser Denys Mallister, the oldest member of the Night’s Watch and commander of the Shadow Tower, and was reportedly due to film further scenes in the coming weeks. It has not yet been confirmed whether Murphy’s role will be recast or written out of the series.
Murphy also had a role in the upcoming feature film “Dracula Untold,” and appeared in pics including “Angela’s Ashes” and “Cal.” The majority of his work took place on the stage, however, treading the boards at the Lyric Theatre in Belfast alongside the likes of Liam Neeson and “Game of Thrones” co-star Ciaran Hinds.

New cast members for season five of the series were announced at Comic-Con, including “Whale Rider’s” Keisha Castle-Hughes as Prince Oberyn Martell’s daughter, Obara Sand, and Jonathan Pryce as religious leader The High Sparrow.

(And now his watch has ended.):monkey3

I like Game of thrones and House of cards very much!!! I watch these shows every month. I recommend to watch thhese shows at tvstock.net. Who can name other shows which are similar to Game of thrones and House of cards. Did you play game created on base of that show?

I'm actually pretty happy they will be absent from Season 5. :lol

Kinda sucks though he's gone for a whole season right when he was getting a bit interesting.

This is just speculation on my part, but after the end of the last season, I kept wondering if Bran was going to replace the old, decrepit guy in the tree. Looks like the geezer was going to die soon, and he required some fresh blood take over for him (perhaps to keep the tree alive) :monkey1. I remember he told Bran something to effect, that Bran wouldn't walk again, but he will be able to "fly" (in reference to the three-eyed crow).

Last edited:
This is just speculation on my part, but after the end of the last season, I kept wondering if Bran was going to replace the old, decrepit guy in the tree. Looks like the geezer was going to die soon, and he required some fresh blood take over for him (perhaps to keep the tree alive) :monkey1. I remember he told Bran something to effect, that Bran wouldn't be walk again, but he will be able to "fly" (in reference to the three-eyed crow).

I didn't know you watched this show bruh! :hi5::duff

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about hte 3eyed crow.

Are you reading the books as well?

I didn't know you watched this show bruh! :hi5::duff

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about hte 3eyed crow.

Are you reading the books as well?

You didn't?! I left Zimbio GoT Zimbio quizzes on your profile, homie! :gah: :duff

I'm still slowly trudging through the first book. I really need to sit down on a weekend and finish it off, so I can move onto the others.

You didn't?! I left Zimbio GoT Zimbio quizzes on your profile, homie! :gah: :duff

I'm still slowly trudging through the first book. I really need to sit down on a weekend and finish it off, so I can move onto the others.

:slap oh right! I forgot about that :lol

I remember now, I got Ghost :lol

Yeah, I'm just starting the 2nd one.

Without spoiling anything for you.. that's not what happens, but he does hold a significance to Bran's storyline

This is just speculation on my part, but after the end of the last season, I kept wondering if Bran was going to replace the old, decrepit guy in the tree. Looks like the geezer was going to die soon, and he required some fresh blood take over for him (perhaps to keep the tree alive) :monkey1. I remember he told Bran something to effect, that Bran wouldn't walk again, but he will be able to "fly" (in reference to the three-eyed crow).

Well, what i've read it hasn't really 'ended' so to speak so there's still a change to **** it right up :lol

I don't think they would take that route though, once you know who that character is and whatnot.

That's good to know. I was thinking it would suck if Bran's story ended with him taking roots in tree.

Bran's storyline in both the books and the tv series has not been very interesting so far and they have both reached the same point, so it makes sense for Bran to stay off screen for awhile now. I am sure he will figure into the end game, which is still a few seasons off. Besides, the tv show has reached the dreaded Books 4 and 5 where only half the characters appear in one book and the other half appear in the other book. All during the same time period. GRRM had to break the book into two volumes as it was getting too big. This is where the book series starts going downhill, IMO. Let's see how the tv series tries to avoid that pitfall.

Pretty much..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 97
Just a tidbit to hold some of you over...

It appears a fan favorite from LOST will be joining GOT

Lost

Addressing a looming shortage of inscrutable giants, Game Of Thrones has recruited Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, an actor who’s appeared on Oz and in Thor: The Dark World, yet will forever be referred to as “Mr. Eko”—both because that’s who he played on Lost, and because, frankly, it’s way easier to pronounce and remember. As to who or what he’ll be playing, that isn’t clear yet: According to The Hollywood Reporter, his role will be “Malko,” a character who doesn’t even appear in the books. This will also address Game Of Thrones’ glaring shortage of characters.

And now, as we pass another fine Friday afternoon pondering this mysterious addition to a show that won’t return for another six months, rather than working, socializing, or advancing our lives in any significant way, we have to ask ourselves, could the addition of Lost’s Mr. Eko to a season that will also incorporate flashbacks really be mere coincidence? In a word, yes

Back