HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a tidbit to hold some of you over...

It appears a fan favorite from LOST will be joining GOT

Lost

Addressing a looming shortage of inscrutable giants, Game Of Thrones has recruited Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, an actor who’s appeared on Oz and in Thor: The Dark World, yet will forever be referred to as “Mr. Eko”—both because that’s who he played on Lost, and because, frankly, it’s way easier to pronounce and remember. As to who or what he’ll be playing, that isn’t clear yet: According to The Hollywood Reporter, his role will be “Malko,” a character who doesn’t even appear in the books. This will also address Game Of Thrones’ glaring shortage of characters.

And now, as we pass another fine Friday afternoon pondering this mysterious addition to a show that won’t return for another six months, rather than working, socializing, or advancing our lives in any significant way, we have to ask ourselves, could the addition of Lost’s Mr. Eko to a season that will also incorporate flashbacks really be mere coincidence? In a word, yes

Good news, good actor. :clap

Just finished book 2, and so far I don't think anything significant is lost from book to TV translation, as some of the usual book hipsters love to claim.

I enjoy both equally.

I'm on book 5 and would agree. If anything, the TV series came out better than I would've expected from reading (especially in regards to casting). The series is also so abridged compared to the books, that it's almost a bit of an alternate story. They complement each other, I think, so I don't care about getting ahead of the series at all.

Would you pay to see Game of Thrones in the theater?

Forget the question, I know the answer.

It appears HBO is releasing the last two episodes of Season 4 in Imax theaters for one week. Jan 23 to 29.

Back