HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too soon. They need at least a sixth season to wrap everything up IMO.

I think the show still seems fresh and has a fair amount of storylines to explore without it feeling dragged out.

Everyone I talk to says the exact same thing. This show lost them when it shifted focus to Margeret and Women's suffrage. I try to tell them that was only that one season and they realized that wasn't what people wanted to see and fixed it but I honestly think it was too late. I think once it's over, if this season really rocks, it will regain more of a cult following like a lot of finished shows tend to.

I've stuck with this show through all the bad so I will give the final season a go. It really did not live up to what I had hoped for it. Al Capone has been a let down so far. Rosetti was great. Harrow was awesome.

I've stuck with this show through all the bad so I will give the final season a go. It really did not live up to what I had hoped for it. Al Capone has been a let down so far. Rosetti was great. Harrow was awesome.

He sometimes has shown some possible teasers for the character, but I guess they haven't really pursued the Capone story line all that much since the show is basically about Atlantic City and Nucky.

The worst part about Capone is that we'll never see the Capone we know. I read an article that said season 5 takes place 7 years after season 4, in 1931. That's the same year Capone was convicted for tax evasion. So, basically, we saw his rise, and we'll see his fall, but never his reign.

The worst part about Capone is that we'll never see the Capone we know. I read an article that said season 5 takes place 7 years after season 4, in 1931. That's the same year Capone was convicted for tax evasion. So, basically, we saw his rise, and we'll see his fall, but never his reign.
Ugh thats total bull. I was hoping the show would end as he is about to take his empire.

He sometimes has shown some possible teasers for the character, but I guess they haven't really pursued the Capone story line all that much since the show is basically about Atlantic City and Nucky.

Good point, but after that season finale when he has the line about "having a shower, something to eat, and then let's talk about who we are going to kill", I thought Al would have had a bigger role. They sure hinted at it.

That does suck. oh well.

On the other hand, they could always go the "Better Call Saul" route, and give Steven Graham his own show that covers those seven years.:lecture

I am glad they included Capone in the overall story but this particular story has always been about Nucky Thompson. The moment they killed off Jimmy there was no question that his show was Nucky's story.

The show has felt a little uneven at times. Jimmy, Richard and Owen were all my favorites to watch and they are all gone but I still very much like the show. My least favorite story was Gyp Rosetti but others seem to have really liked him... I always thought of him as too "cartoony" if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward in watching Nucky's story run it's last leg! I will miss the show but I think it is leaving at an appropriate time and not overstaying it's welcome. There have been plenty of solid shows that cashed in with a couple seasons too many and I am glad Boardwalk will not be one of them.

I've enjoyed the overall arc. Harrow and Chalky were stand outs. The main thing that draws me in is the attention to detail. Everything looks authentic to the 1920's.

Hard to believe that Nucky was once the homeless guy in Big Daddy or that Breaking Bad was the guy from Malcom in the Middle. Or that Jeff Daniels from the Newsroom (great show) was the guy from Dumb and Dumber.

It's just cool to see guys get a chance to be serious actors and kick ass.

I just read over at Darkhorizons.com that the last season will begin on Sept. 7th and will only be 8 episodes!!! I am not happy about that. :(

Will take place in 1931.

Back