HBO's Boardwalk Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I suspected something was up with Ron Livingston but I didn't see that coming. Jimmy's mom deserved it too... Was awesome.

I have no idea how next week is going to play out. There are so many story lines...

- Eli and the sit down
- chalky and the Dr.
- Margaret and the stocks
- Capone and his boss

That's a lot to clean up in just 1 hour!! I do sympathize with Eli at times but I think he is a goner this time. Already anticipating season 5.

Yeah, did not see that bit with Gillian coming. One of those best kind of twists that makes sense looking back on it. That one kid that questioned her about Roger at that shop earlier in the season doesn't seem so random anymore.

I loved how you think a happy ending was on the way and SMACK!!! Once i heard "Pinkerton Detective Services" i got a giant smile!

I figured something was up a few episodes ago when he got caught on the phone and had to change his tone and story when she came into the room, though I sure didn't see the Pinkerton angle coming for sure.

I think hell use the info to his advantage, and play everyone at the big reunion, especially Narcise.

im thinking nucky will be ready for what ever happens, since he already suspects that somethings up with the fed agent now that he's figured out that the "insurance" agent was actually him and Eli was trying to cover something up.

The idea that Capone was set up went right over my head as well. I don't think Torrio ever tried to have Capone killed in real life so I didn't even think of that for this show, though I guess guys who were just shot at might think differently. But in real life i thought Capone and Torrio had a good relationship all the way til Torrio "retired" and moved to Sicily, allowing Capone to take over Chicago. I suppose they take such liberties in this show. Interesting...

I felt a little bad for Gillian. Not very much so. But for a person who had such inner demons to finally find some sort of salvation and to grow into a better person to have that come to a screeching halt was pretty intense. Even Roy felt bad. You can tell he had some real feelings there. But, she did get what she had coming to her.

I hope so much Chalky is still alive come Monday morning. Hard to picture the show being so colorful without him. On the other hand the Doctor HAS to get his. He's been grating on me all season. And he's been a step ahead all season. I don't want to have to wait for all next season for him to fall.

Nucky and Eli are going to reach the breaking point. I agree, Eli probably is a goner this week. Nucky already knows Eli is collaborating with an agent from the moment he got defensive about that insurance guy at the table. Nucky's making his move. You can feel it.

The idea that Capone was set up went right over my head as well. I don't think Torrio ever tried to have Capone killed in real life so I didn't even think of that for this show, though I guess guys who were just shot at might think differently. But in real life i thought Capone and Torrio had a good relationship all the way til Torrio "retired" and moved to Sicily, allowing Capone to take over Chicago. I suppose they take such liberties in this show. Interesting...

I felt a little bad for Gillian. Not very much so. But for a person who had such inner demons to finally find some sort of salvation and to grow into a better person to have that come to a screeching halt was pretty intense. Even Roy felt bad. You can tell he had some real feelings there. But, she did get what she had coming to her.

I hope so much Chalky is still alive come Monday morning. Hard to picture the show being so colorful without him. On the other hand the Doctor HAS to get his. He's been grating on me all season. And he's been a step ahead all season. I don't want to have to wait for all next season for him to fall.

Nucky and Eli are going to reach the breaking point. I agree, Eli probably is a goner this week. Nucky already knows Eli is collaborating with an agent from the moment he got defensive about that insurance guy at the table. Nucky's making his move. You can feel it.

agree on all points, except I hope Eli comes clean and helps Nucky. if not then yeah he's a goner for sure, or at least he should be and then his son will take over for him eventually i'd assume.

Wow!!! What a cluster ****. Not much went according to plan...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's going to be a long wait till season 5. Treme next week!!! :clap

Wow!!! What a cluster ****. Not much went according to plan...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's going to be a long wait till season 5. Treme next week!!! :clap

Not who I expected to not make it out of the season (double negative I know) but as sad as it was, I was content with that characters final scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Massive disappointment.

Great season finale, tonight, though of course gutted...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well that certainly didn't turn out as I had expected.

Hated what they did with Richard. He deserved better. I was so happy to see that he might take out Narcisse. Such a shame it turned out the way it did.

I wonder who Chalky thinks is responsible.

Glad Eli finally beat the life out of agent what'shisface. Interested to see where his story goes with Capone and Van Alden.

Oh, and it was nice seeing Jimmy again.

Yea, sad to see Richard go, but it was a good death.

I'm sure Chalky knew Richard was to take out Narcisse.

That Fed isn't a babyface anymore. :lol

Man, when Richard's face was whole. . . the feels.

Wow.....very powerful stuff. Seemed to bring the series back to the good ol days of season 2. Hated to see Richard go also but the farewell was a tear jerker when he saw his family....

A year or two back I read somewhere that the creators wanted 6 seasons. I hope this is still the case. As much as I love this show it is way better to have an end plan rather than dragging things on forever (like showtime does).

After last night's episode I feel like the show will feel very different when it comes back next year. I have read some very negative reactions to last night's episode. Mainly because the Dr. Survived and Richard did not...

I think it is better to keep the Dr. Story going. It gets old and repetitive to have a "new villain" each season. Continuing the story is good IMO. Richard was also one of my favorite characters but his end was very fitting.

Yep, I agree it would have been too expected had Richard killed Narcisse and then gotten away as he always has in the past. He's killed too many people at that point and is pretty much a broken man. I didn't like that they killed him off but it made sense and was a powerful end to a really memorable character. Really liked the way they brought Jimmy into it and got justice for the poor schmuck who had the bad luck to look like him. Also thought Narcisse being brought low by Hoover's dirty tricks was great. You can just feel how distasteful it is for Narcisse to have to say "yes, sir" to Hoover.

Back