Have you, or are you planning to cancel your Star Wars Bluray order due to changes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you or have you canceled your Star Wars bluray order due to the changes made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying the box set for the PT and the deleted scenes. I might watch the new alterations once, and then I will forever only watch the original theatrical editions of the OT.

I just watched the original SW and ESB over the past couple of days. I don't even care about the grain, its like drinking the purest spring water. What an awesome thing to be able to watch Star Wars without bracing myself for random alterations every few minutes.

My gosh is the original version of Empire a glorious thing.

I couldn't agree with you more, Khev.... I am considering the purchase now JUST based on a BRD PT set and the delted OT scenes.:(

I'm keeping my PO. My wife POd the Saga box set for me for my birthday.

Even if that weren't the case, I would still get them. I don't really care for any of the changes for this release, but I didn't care for most of the SE and DVD changes either.

At the end of the day, none of these changes dtract from my love of Star Wars and, the way I see it, each film is about 2 hrs long...I'm not going to let a couple seconds here and there ruin the whole film for me.

I've got pretty much every release of these films, other than the laser disc versions so, if I am in the mood for one version or the other, I can always watch those.

It appears dislike of the changes will affect the sales. Even if it goes to a 25% reduction, that's significant.

I don't know if I'd even expect that much of a reduction... I imagine the majority of sales will come from people who just want to own the films and don't really pay attention to stuff like this. I'd be surprised if cancelled orders were even 5% above what is normal for any box set release.

Why does anyone preorder DVDs/Blu-Rays anyway? Not like they won't be ridiculously abundant at retail. Is it just because of special deals on them?

If you order online you can have it delivered on release day, and that's nice if you don't want to go to the store. Usually it's cheaper online as well (probably why stores sometimes have exclusives).

Why does anyone preorder DVDs/Blu-Rays anyway? Not like they won't be ridiculously abundant at retail. Is it just because of special deals on them?

That's why I preordered. But once stores started announcing 89.99 (and even 79.99 from Target) I immediately cancelled.

I just finished watching all of them. I think Return of the Jedi got the best treatment followed by Episode 1. The two worst films in my opinion compared to the rest. I still prefer Adywans cut of Star Wars so it hurts me to watch A New Hope Blu-ray, even though it looks crisp and clean. The Rancor scene was cleaned up spectacularly well compared to what it used to look like.

Pixletwin just confirmed that "You could use a good kiss" is no longer in TESB. That's the last straw, I'm not even going to bother listening to that scene in its botched form. I just torched my whole set in the tradition of IrishJedi. Flippin' Lucas.

Pixletwin just confirmed that "You could use a good kiss" is no longer in TESB. That's the last straw, I'm not even going to bother listening to that scene in its botched form. I just torched my whole set in the tradition of IrishJedi. Flippin' Lucas.

Some people are saying it's still there. i didn't hear it. :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back