Have you, or are you planning to cancel your Star Wars Bluray order due to changes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you or have you canceled your Star Wars bluray order due to the changes made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, Ben. :mad: Those suck.

I know.:( Apparently Sebulba is in Return of the Jedi now and Jabba the Hutt's door is super gigantic now as well.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlYNYb0ExAs"]Star Wars Blu-ray: Dug in Jabba's Palace - YouTube[/ame]

nothing George can do will stop me from buying this blu-ray set. However, it'll be the only SW saga set I buy on blu-ray. I don't really care if he eventually decides to release and unaltered OT set

I'm buying the box set for the PT and the deleted scenes. I might watch the new alterations once, and then I will forever only watch the original theatrical editions of the OT.

I just watched the original SW and ESB over the past couple of days. I don't even care about the grain, its like drinking the purest spring water. What an awesome thing to be able to watch Star Wars without bracing myself for random alterations every few minutes.

My gosh is the original version of Empire a glorious thing.

Nope not a chance in heck I'm giving these the axe. The changes really don't get me worked up at all so I can't find it to get worked up enough to cancel. Seems a bit extreme to me.

The OT has been changed so much from when I saw them as a kid starting in 77, that I've gotten used to the fact GL changes them ever time they're released. I expected nothing different this time around so I'm still really excited to pick these up.

I'll pick them up when they are dirt cheap or get someone to buy them for me, until them I wont bother with them.

I'm tempted to cancel, but for $65 I don't think I'll get a better deal on the set for a long while.

I don't know if December is a "long while", but this set just screams out as something that would be one of those Amazon treasure chest deals during Christmastime.

Not a big-enough SW fan to worry about the changes. I had some of the DVD's at one point, but am now without any of them, so the Blu-Rays will have to do.

Won't cancel my BluRay Box, can't just wait to have it inside my Pana Player :)

Not gonna cancel. I've basically given up hope that we'll ever see the OT how they were originally shown, and I absolutely hate the new, ridiculous additions Lucas has made, but I'm willing to grin and bear those few changes in order to watch the movies on Blu-ray along with all the deleted scenes and additional material.

Definitely take a look at Adywans Star Wars revisited. You won't be disappointed.
https://swrevisited.wordpress.com/

I canceled and won't pick these up for a long time. Until sales. It'd be great to watch the PT in 1080 but I can't watch his current ROTJ ever again.

It's principal really.

LFL fixing the lightsabers for some shots and not others. And they aren't even fixed properly, especially in TESB.

Wicket's eyes aren't bad in motion, but they aren't on every ewok. Having the tiny baby ewok blink just wasn't necessary. This doesn't bother me.

The Krayt dragon call, not too bothered about it. It's annoying but meh.

Jabba's door is a bit jarring but again it's fine. Wasn't needed but liveable. The dug is annoying, considering it's the exact same model from Ep2, but again I don't mind it too much.

Vader's NoNooo? Don't get me started. Combine that with the wonky coloured lightsabers = No thanks.

I personally have no plans to get them but then the only blu-ray player in my gaff is the PS3 which I've never used....in fact I'm not sure if I've watched a Blu-ray yet.

Never really considered buying these unless I had heard that the original theatrical releases were on them. So they're a no buy for me. Maybe in the future when they're cheap enough, like under $20.

Personally the changes that have been made over the years have never bothered me to the point of protesting or refusal to watch. I was born in 85 and grew up with the originals, then watched the Special Editions and then watched the DVD changes and now I'll watch the Blu-Ray changes. I won't like all of them. Are they necessary? No. Are some of them silly? Absolutely. Is anyone forcing me to watch them? No. Are there other options? Yes.

I never understood the hostility towards the changes. It's not like they can't be viewed in their original form elsewhere. This self entitlement attitude towards Star Wars is frankly ridiculous. George doesn't owe anyone anything. Let him do what he wants to do. They are his movies. You want the originals? Pop in the VHS copies.

People would like to be able to view the original originals in the most up to date format not sodding VHS! At the moment thankfully Lucas went one better than VHS and released them in non-anamorphic DVDs if memory serves. But still, whats the harm in putting them out on blu-ray?

What people object to is his refusal to allow people the choice of his latest changed versions or the originals. He can do whatever the hell he wants to them and people won't complain as long as they get the original originals.

I've never considered myself entitled to anything Lucas has created. I think the SE's are lesser films and I don't watch them. No hostility involved. The movies are his, but that doesn't mean I have to like what he has done to them. I still wish I could see the originals in the best form possible, but I certainly don't think it's owed to me. I think a lot of people feel the same way. We didn't grow up watching the new versions like a lot of younger fans did, and it's not Star Wars to us.

No. Mostly because I was buying them for the extras and I have Adywan's cut if I want something awesome for the OT, but I have a feeling the PT may actually be better on this release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back