Have you, or are you planning to cancel your Star Wars Bluray order due to changes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you or have you canceled your Star Wars bluray order due to the changes made?

• Yes

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • No

Votes: 106 64.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was fully planning on showing up at Best Buy on 9/16 to buy this set, but now I'm "voting with my wallet". No way I can justify a purchase in light of what's been revealed about this set.

Btw, I'm 38.

I'm 37 and I will be waiting for this set to arrive at my house on Sep 16th. The changes don't bother me that much to cancel. Oh and I love PT almost as much as the OT.

Sorry, but what is "PT"?

And when you tell me I'll no doubt do this: :slap

BB

Physical Training!!!

ermey.jpg

I am a OT purist who was very disappointed with the PT. Seeing the OT on their initial theatrical releases as a wee lad are some of my favorite childhood memories. If I do pickup the Blu-rays, it would most likely be the OT only.

You said it Chewie. (I don't know where you stand on the issue but yes you're correct in what you say here.)

Tell you what Lucas, you want to change something go back and change the Prequels, those are the ones you ___ked up on, not the OT...well apart from having ewoks instead of wookies in ROTJ!

I am 38 and have had this set on preorder since day one for arrival date of 09/16. I have no intention of canceling this order. I have no problem with the changes since I still have the original films on DVD. I wish that Lucas would have included the original films on this set, then sales really would have been through the roof. I would not be surprised in the least come next year or tow years that the original films will surface on another Blu Ray set. Then once again I will buy it......

To all those wishing that they would have included the original unaltered versions in this set, they will eventually. George is a smart man. He'll double dip this set for sure. Lucasfilm will release another Blu-Ray set with the original versions someday.

Why do it now when they can make people buy the set all over again in a couple of years? It sucks but it's smart business. It'll happen just like it did with the DVDs. You'll see.

George has gotten enough of my money for these movies and I'm sure not going to give him more for something I'm not happy with.

To all those wishing that they would have included the original unaltered versions in this set, they will eventually. George is a smart man. He'll double dip this set for sure. Lucasfilm will release another Blu-Ray set with the original versions someday.

Why do it now when they can make people buy the set all over again in a couple of years? It sucks but it's smart business. It'll happen just like it did with the DVDs. You'll see.

Yeah, it probably will.

I didn't have one on order in first place because I was waiting to see how it would all shake out (and because I was expecting a screener :lol but now we know why LFL chose not to distribute those with this release). And I certainly have no plans to order or buy it now.

After thinking about this more I'm going to go ahead and cancel this set... I just don't have much interest in owning these messed up versions of the OT and honestly don't like the PT enough to justify the cost.

On a side note if anyone wants to take over my order to save a few bucks let me know and I'd be happy to sell them for my cost plus shipping to your location. I was getting the set for about $70 total before shipping :duff

I never pre-ordered because I always disliked the SE's, and I have even less motivation to now. I may pick it up down the line if I see it at a good price. But at this point I'm only interested in the extras. I don't know if I can stomach watching all those terrible changes.

I never picked up the unaltered versions on DVD either because they weren't remastered or high def. I'm hoping they'll get to them eventually.

I'm 38, BTW. :wave

I still have the DVD release with the unaltered films as the "bonus discs". So at least there is that... but it's pretty crummy that they weren't at least anamorphic.

I don't really care that the image quality is poor, but it would have been nice if LFL had put just a smidge of effort into the set :huh But prior to that release it was said we'd never see the unaltered series again, so I still hold out hope we'll be "treated" to a release at some point.

That was a slep in the face. I think Star Wars Shop had them for pre-order at one point, and I was ready to drop $60 for them until I heard that.

One of these days...:impatient:

It'd be great if he'd release official discs where you can pick and choose the changes you'd keep. I don't know how complex that would be to do but in any case Lucas is too stubborn to allow anyone to see his films the way they would rather see them. Its probably an all or nothing situation regarding the changes to the OT. Personally though I'd keep any FX improvements and just delete any stupid prequel reminders if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back