Have you ever met someone famous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^

Ryan Reynolds seems like a complete tool-bag to me. Just sayin...

But he has nice abs.
ryan-reynolds-diet-plan-Blade-Trinity.jpg

that's one reason that I don't know If I saw a Celebrity if I would talk to them, I don't want the memory of them being a ****** because then anytime I see a movie or something I will remember that.

Like Rob Zombie said:
"People that don't like giving out autographs must have never been a fan of anything,
Yes its only 5 minutes and you will never remember that person but, I remember every famous person I met
"

He said that on some VH1 Show I dont remember what it was, but it was about talking to their fans

That's a great Rob Zombie quote, and really it's the truth.
I can't stand the celebrities that are so full of themselves. :pfft:

averagejo, you stole what i was about to say lol Danny Trejo was soo nice when i met him before grindhouse came out and he signed autographs for like 2 hours, and while i was getting my autograph i started to talk to him he told me to sit down and we talked for a good 15 minutes during busy comic-con no less

I understand people being tired or having to go, a simple "Sorry guys I need to leave" or something is good enough, I know they cannot be 2-3 hours with the fans, but some of them are so rude, acting like fans are these weird homeless people asking for change lol,

Depends on the day. If they had a ____ty day, the last thing they want would be to talk to another human.

That being said, if you're famous and all pissy, going to a public area isn't the best place. :lol

Played lazer tag with Herschel Walker and his family last year. Really nice guy. Was taking pictures with the guys I was with.

In the 90's:

David P. (Vader)

Guy that played Boba Fett

Peter M. (Chewy) - I'm 6'3 and felt like a dwarf next to this man. Unreal.

Stan Lee - cool guy.

Was about 5 feet from Arnold when he was still going to the Arnold Classic in OH. Smaller in person than I expected :lol

For gear heads - I have met most of the Monster Jam driver fleet.

I have a co-worker that met Quentin Tarantino and told him he loved him and QT said to get that guy away from me :lol

He also met Brad Pitt side stage of a Green Day concert. Said he was a really cool guy.

I ran into a bigtime Cleveland Indians player down in Florida in a store and asked him for an autograph for my Mom and he told me that he was having a signing the next day at such n such a time somewhere and he'd sign for me for $10. And he was totally rude about.

:mad:

I think what celebrities may seem to forget is that for a fan, meeting them may be the highlight of their life. It may sound sad to most. Of nothing else, it may be a memory a person carries on for the rest of their life. That is pretty damn powerful. To know that you may be a part of a person's life just by saying "hello" is really a gift. Some celebrities don't consider that, others are spiteful because of it and others abuse that power.

I'm not a celebrity fan kind of guy but when I think of how powerful and possibly inspirational they can be...it's pretty amazing.

I mean iv only ever met famous people at cons for the most part, but here are the ones that stuck with me.

John Schneider ( Dukes & Smallville, PA KENT!) being a huge fan of smallville this was a big deal for me. John was all pumped up from P90X when i met him, all strong but SOOO COOL! he was a boss! Me and my friend made some orginal artwork and tshirts for him and he loved it all, we have been in contact with him ever since. hes very business but such a nice guy!! It was a real honor, i even carried his bags to his limo for him :rotfl

Chris Evans and Tom Hiddleston from AVENGERS!!! I was @ NYCC last year when they were hyping up Avengers, they werent signing for a mass audience, only a select few AND I WASNT APART OF THEM :dunno

But when they were walking to the panel i got right inbetween them and said my piece, i was a big fan and proud of them, and they welcomed me with open arms, i was suprised by how cool they were. They had a camera man with them and they told me to tell all i said into the camera, i went off! So cool! Mabey ill be on an Avenger bonus feature or somthing LOL.

Dean Cain was such a nice guy also, met him this summer. Just so happy and friendly, a true and blue superman. I really enjoyed the meeting.

Theres a bunch others but ill write about them in future posts LOL.

Wow..yes...I met alot at Philly Comic Cons from last year and this year..but I dont really consider that fair..kind of cheating..out of the con's though (only been to the two) I met Joe DiMaggio when I was little on the Ocean City NJ boardwalk..he was just walking with one of the owners of several piers (They were good friends) Got his autograph..Met Phil Mickelson in FL. at Wet N Wild waterpark..he and his caddy were down there for a tournament and jost got done a practice round and were riding slides..Me and a friend talked to him for about 10 minutes and then we hit the slides with them. I work for a private jet company so I deal everyday with celebrities but I dont necessarily meet them much..did have Charlize Theron ask me for a light while her get was fueling (I dont smoke but I got a lighter as fast as I could..lol..her husband at the time was drunk and peeing on our building. Also met Bruce Willis, Sam Jackson, M Night Shamalyam, Master P, and David Boreanus at a Sixers game.

I ran into a bigtime Cleveland Indians player down in Florida in a store and asked him for an autograph for my Mom and he told me that he was having a signing the next day at such n such a time somewhere and he'd sign for me for $10. And he was totally rude about.

:mad:

well In horror conventions and comic book conventions they will charge you for their autograph, that's very common there, I Think William Shatner charges like 60 bucks? maybe? Mark Hamill is 100, Well that's what I heard anyway,

I meet
Linda Hamilton - really nice
Norman reeds - down to earth.
Big Lou - and yes he would have cost you bank.
Mark Godard - one of the nicest guys ever.
Linda Blair - nice
Catherine Mary Stewart - really nice
Edward James olmos- down to earth great guy.
Billy mummy - nice guy
Micheal Antony hall- really nice guy
Meet them at chiller theatre , a great show twice a year.

I'm kind of interested in going to Wizard World Chicago to meet Scott Bakula. I've been a fan of Quantum Leap since I was just a kid.

Back