Have you ever met someone famous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD18_92

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks, Im always fascinated with hearing storys of someone meeting a celebrity and their impression of them. I live in MI so nothing really exciting ever goes on here except the Motor City Comic Con and although its no SDCC and what not, It still draws the attention of bringing in a few heavy hitters every now and then. The famous ppl ive met so far include Sean Patrick Flanery, David Della Rocco, and one of my idles, Tom Savini. All stand up guys who are extremly nice and down to earth. Also Saw Lou there one yr and although I didnt chat with him,(Probs would of charged me up the @$$ :lol) he was a very large guy. Anyways Looking forward to hearing your storys!

There was 4 of the cast from Firefly at the Dallas con this year--they were all really great.

I haven't met any celebrities randomly though. But I am surprised by all the stuff the people at my work have been involved with--like my boss worked at Macromedia and then Adobe before working at this company and has tons of tech connections from that.

I met Stan Lee just last weekend. Also in the past I've met Troy Bayliss and Loris Capirossi, both retired Motogp and superbike riders.
All seemed like nice guys in the very little time i got to meet and great them..

Arnold came to Walter Reed hospital while I was there back in 2003. I only got to say hi to him on my way to get some staples removed. Another time there Colin Powell came and talked to me in my room. That meant more to me than Arnold, but I doubt many people consider Powell a celebrity. I heard Jennifer Love Hewitt came to the hospital a couple weeks after I was discharged....:drool

well when I go to concerts I meet the band members, Cradle of Filth, Mushroomhead, Apocalyptica, Avenged Sevefold, Therion, Gwar, all metal bands, I mean, they are not famous to regular people but in metal they are, :dunno

Bam Manguera from Jackass was at the Gwar show, so he met some of us,

Alicia Silverstone came to my University to give a speech on being vegan I guess, she had a book,
I also did see Shaquille o'neal at my gym, he is super tall, saw him in the gym and then in the lockers....:moon.. yep...... o_o
also for some reason he changed and left behind his shirt and socks on the floor, I don't know i guess he can just throw it away I thought it was funny
I saw Bruce Spence (From star wars 3) at Disney, he was doing autographs for Star wars weekends,

Last edited:
I ate lunch with Nichelle Nichols. She was really nice and smelled really good. :lol

Walter Koenig. He was a ____. :monkey4

I've met several baseball players. :D

I'm not a big celebrity person. I don't get all giddy when I see one.

That being said, that doesn't mean I don't find a few attractive and I wouldn't mind meeting them. But that's more as men than celebrities.

I have met and had conversations with Gordie Howe, Jean Beliveau, John Lee Hooker, Tia Carrera, several professional boxers/ trainers: Emmanuel Steward, Arturo Gatti, Bert Sugar, Oscar De La Hoya and others. No big deal, all were down to earth, had time to chat, and actually were interesting people, especially when you don't fawn on them and come on strong and gushy. Most people hate that ____.

I think horror conventions are a very easy way to meet celebs,
well, for geeks like us, every time there is a horror convention there are like 20 actors there,
Robert Englund is always there
Kane Hodder is always there, Linda Hamilton, Elvira

every year there are like 5 horror cons here with all these people, I don't go to any because im always busy and they dont really look like fun, just a bunch of people selling stuff,
you do have to pay for their autograph as well, but that would probably be an easy way to meet all these geeky legends

DSC07082.jpg

DANZIG...god of horror punk rock

When I was at MCCC, I saw that girl from Halloween 4 and the remake, Danielle Harris is her name I believe. 2 things, she is extremely short and even hotter in person! :monkey4

used to play pool with Michael Keaton when I was younger. He liked to fish close to where I lived and liked the isolation. Extremely down to earth, very nice guy. Even after Batman he would still come around. I still see him from time to time and he's still the same humble person.

Steven Seagal and Robert Redford are complet D*%$s. Believe it or not Billy Bob Thornton is pretty decent.

Ran into Brendan Fraser one day at wal-mart, funny as hell and just likes being a "normal" person.

See and thats the stuff thats cool to hear! Pool with Keaton!? Thats sweet as hell. Seagal I heard is majorly full of himself!

Nancy huh? :naughty

langenkamp1.jpg

:lol

LOL i was thinking the same thing... :horror

used to play pool with Michael Keaton when I was younger. He liked to fish close to where I lived and liked the isolation. Extremely down to earth, very nice guy. Even after Batman he would still come around. I still see him from time to time and he's still the same humble person.

Steven Seagal and Robert Redford are complet D*%$s. Believe it or not Billy Bob Thornton is pretty decent.

Ran into Brendan Fraser one day at wal-mart, funny as hell and just likes being a "normal" person.

he does look like an awesome guy, you can just tell,

Also in the past I've met Troy Bayliss and Loris Capirossi, both retired Motogp and superbike riders.

I got to do a lap at Laguna Seca with Carl Fogarty back in my motorcycle days - a day that wasn't even supposed to happen because of a scheduling conflict with my work, couldn't have turned out any better.

Didn't talk much, but getting to follow Foggy around Laguna Seca at pretty high speeds was surreal.

I've met 2 famous people, funnily enough both at amusement parks. :lol

Jeffrey Dean Morgan at Universal Studios in Florida and Russel Crowe when I was really small (didn't even know who he was) at The Lagoon in Utah.

I've met 2 famous people, funnily enough both at amusement parks. :lol

Jeffrey Dean Morgan at Universal Studios in Florida and Russel Crowe when I was really small (didn't even know who he was) at The Lagoon in Utah.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was just at Uni just like around regular people? wheere in uni did you see him?

yeah my friend works for Animal Kingdom resort and she met Dennis Rodman and Mariah Carey,
her boss met Michael jackson before and he left a tip of like 3000 dollars for a bagel or something like that, Mariah just ate a hot dog lol. she showed me pics with Mariah, they go stay at that resort, so people that work there get to meet all these celebs

Back