Have you ever met someone famous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've met a few, but most notably I got to be a stand-in for an Amanda Bynes movie. Since I was a stand-in for one of the main characters, I got to hang out with the actual actors. Amanda Bynes was really a nice gal, very quiet in comparison to her onscreen self, but very easy to talk to and quite funny. Odd how she seems to have gone crazy lately. I feel bad for her.

I guess the hell. :lol

On April 6, 2012, Bynes was arrested and charged with DUI after side-swiping a police car in West Hollywood at 3:00 am. Her bail was set at US$5,000, but she was released without requiring to post bail.[34] Bynes had previously been stopped by the L.A.P.D. for talking on her cellphone while driving on March 7, 2012. On June 5, 2012, Bynes was officially charged with a DUI and for allegedly refusing a police officer's request to submit to and/or complete a chemical test to see how much—if any—substance was in her system.[35] Bynes then Tweeted to President Barack Obama for help in her DUI case, asking for the arresting officer to be fired

That's too bad. She was a cutie. Sucks to see her brain fall out.

So, she's a LILO jr.?

that's too bad. I liked her, she is cute and was a good actress IMO.
I remember one time flipping thru the channels and caught a piece from her tv show when she was a kid..."pass the skunk" It still makes me laugh. :lol

I've met a couple.

A lot of our members are in the "industry" so I'm sure among all the members we've met just about everyone.

I met 2 of these guys about four yrs ago.... they where my childhood friends & my other brothers ( via the Tv of course) they did a stage show a few yrs back & got to meet them at a signing & backstage at the show (well really it was the exit a few of us savvy/stalker fans waited there) and they gave us a good 1/2 hr of their time to have a chat & take photos.....brilliant
1703goodies_competition.jpg

I recently met,

Tom Baker ( 4th Doctor )
tom.jpg

Louise Jameson ( Leela )
leela.jpg

Brian Blessed ( Vultan ),
vultan.jpg

Although the meetings were brief as the queues had to be kept moving all 3 were great and Tom was very enthusiastic when my niece offered him a jelly baby :)

Jacque Pepin (chef): at a book signing.
Katy Perry: meet and greet in SF
Iggy Pop: after party
Ally and AJ (actor/singer): visited hospital
Nick Swisher: made an appearance at our suite at an A's game
Jermaine Dye: at a charity event
Eric Chavez: sat on his lap
David Justice: fan fest got pics and autograph
Jeremy Giambi: signed my cast and pushed me around in my wheelchair for a few minutes on the field
Late great Bill King: signed my ball cap & shook my hand
George Atkinson(Raidrs): at the bar
Ronnie Rodriquez(Depp double in POTC3&4, 21Jump St, Tim&Erics BillionDollar movie) a friend
:)

Yes! A fellow A's and Raiders fan. Finally!

i once sat across the aisle from morgan freeman on a flight from memphis to california. i very discreetly asked him for his autograph & he gave me one of these..............:nono

bastard...............:lol

i once sat across the aisle from morgan freeman on a flight from memphis to california. i very discreetly asked him for his autograph & he gave me one of these..............:nono

bastard...............:lol

Flying first class were you? :lol

Most of the celebrities I want to meet I'd rather cop a feel or something than an autograph. :D

sir ian mckellen, in a coffee shop in wellington.
we were like "is it really him? is it? is it?"

turned to us and gave us a smile. lolz

I've never met anyone famous, but some of my family members have.
My mom and dad met John Stamos, he even took a sip out of my moms beer, or so i'm told:lol
My cousin and his girlfriend at the time, they're married now, met Christopher Knight from the Brady Bunch. It was while they were filming an episode of his reality show My Fair Brady. You could even see them in the episode. My cousin got him to talk to my aunt on his cell phone. My uncle was on the Price is Right a long time ago, so he met Bob Barker. Recently, a friend of my sisters met Jason Segel. I just hope that one day I get to meet someone famous.:pray:

Plenty but comedians are always my favorite, Doug Stanhope was probaby the biggest stand out. Seinfeld was cool but he's just very normal and straight forward.

The first celebrity I ever met was David Prowse in the mid 80's. I was 8 or 9 and he was at a local comic convention (Mid-Ohio Con, back when it was in Mansfield, OH). It was "Meet the man in the Darth Vader costume!", but I didn't quite get how movies were made (Star Wars was still magical to me at that age), and my dad and brother had to explain to me why he didn't sound like James Earl Jones...

My wife waited on Clancy Brown at a restaurant when she was in high school, he was in town filming Shawshank.

You know what else is cool...my brothers house is in "Benji". When Benji chases the white cat, that back yard is my brother's house. Of course, it was his wife's granparents' house when the movie was made.

Levar Burton
John Elway
Bill Cosby
Bruce Willis
Jack Nicholas ( and several other golfers )
Colin Powell
Richard Karn
Billy Ray Cirus
Clint Black
Several Washington Capitals and Redskins

A few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. I used to work on the private airfield terminal at Dulles airport back in the early to mid 90's and met a lot of people.

Back