Hasbro Speeder Bike and Scout Trooper Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013-04-22140804_zpse05c358f.jpg

2013-04-22140814_zps2a246ce7.jpg

2013-04-22140822_zps470b3a08.jpg

2013-04-22140842_zps42250131.jpg

The blades are a bit fragile so of course I keep bumping them :slap

Need to be a bit more gentle around it.

Working on the exhaust plates (?)that lie under the tap at the back at the moment. These will eventually be half covered by the tarp.
Must get a move on too with the exhaust flap riveting.

Probably need to tone down some of the weathering too...got a little carried away...what do you think?

Worked on her a bit more tonight.

Got those exhaust plates done and mounted

2013-04-22195224_zps1cd32622.jpg

2013-04-22195201_zps20bad11d.jpg

And its been a riveting evening :rotfl

2013-04-22205057_zps62536042.jpg

2013-04-22211824_zps41a6edf0.jpg

Fitted exhaust flap hinges ( need paint tidying and weathering still )

2013-04-22213538_zpsec759cdd.jpg

Test Fit of the tarpaulin

2013-04-22213804_zpsce46717f.jpg

Thats the lot for tonight. Glad I have got the two jobs done that I was least looking forward to, the exhaust flap rivets and the plates :yess:

Quite enjoyed putting the rivets on actually and it didn't take too long either. Fit the furthest one in the line, then drop the intermediate ones in to place. JOB DONE.:clap

Again any comments appreciated. Bike nearly done.

Next are control storks, fit the exhaust flaps and the tarp straps and mounting points...thinks thats the lot...not much left.

Goodnight folks.

Looking freakin awesome! I pulled one of mine out today.i think I will start on my three real soon. I plan to replace those ugly stands with clear acrylic rods. I picked them up a couple years ago.i also plan to build up a diorama base and have two speeders with scouts chasing leia and Luke . I did get my Luke and leia done a couple years ago also. I just lost steam when it came to the bikes. But thanks to you I am getting the motivation back to finish this long over due project.

"Next, I had to pack out his Butt Cheek ( never thought I would ever use that sentence )"
This hobby makes you do weird things:rotfl
Looking good so far, looking forward to seeing more progress;)

Breaks your heart doesn't it...The way the Empire have fallen so far...

Saw this guy literally begging for money earlier today.

2013-04-23115708_zps4c78ca7a.jpg

YOU STUPID WOMEN !!! SHOULD'VE sold it instead of destroying ART ! YOU could've bought a bunch of stuff instead of destroying someone else's property. Guess what you dont care about your boyfriend if you just destroy his favorite things. Either way i'd dump your *** quick if thats way you act even if he went to a strip club. How about bein a grown up and talk first before destruction. A bad idea Dumb ***!

Last edited:
YOU STUPID WOMEN !!! SHOULD'VE sold it instead of destroying ART ! YOU could've bought a bunch of stuff instead of destroying someone else's property. Guess what you dont care about your boyfriend if you just destroy his favorite things. Either way i'd dump your *** quick if thats way you act even if he went to a strip club. How about bein a grown up and talk first before destruction. A bad idea Dumb ***!

Seen this before a few years ago. Sideshow needs to see the defective trooper destroyed before they send a replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_LAhYRkdc

I forgot. The first thing I built for the diorama was an Empire droid. The idea was that like the droids ejected to Hoth from the Star Destroyer, these smaller Intruder detection units would be sent into the atmosphere, where the larger outer unit, would then break open and jettison many many droids, each would then rocket off to different areas.

On approaching the ground, the outer cannister would break open and the internal droid would embedd itself in the ground to a pre-defined level. The antennas would deply and the droids would begin to communicate back to the Star Destroyer and to each other to form a large wide ranging net.

In the event of Intruder detection, the droids could plot the route by communicating amongst them selves and send info to the Star Destroyer or indeed to any local Scout Trooper units.

The Droid was made from 1/6 ammo cases, bits of tanks and metal rods for the aerials.

In the diorama, this will sit amongs the foilage, and would have just notified the tropper, sitting on his bike, of an approaching threat. The Trooper, a seasoned pro...springs into action.

2013-04-18182712_zpsd0bc5742.jpg

2013-04-18185710_zpsdb5d9c30.jpg

thats pretty cool,but I see it as a piece of equipment for a remote scout group,power generator,communications equipment.either way it looks awesome!

I forgot. The first thing I built for the diorama was an Empire droid. The idea was that like the droids ejected to Hoth from the Star Destroyer, these smaller Intruder detection units would be sent into the atmosphere, where the larger outer unit, would then break open and jettison many many droids, each would then rocket off to different areas.

On approaching the ground, the outer cannister would break open and the internal droid would embedd itself in the ground to a pre-defined level. The antennas would deply and the droids would begin to communicate back to the Star Destroyer and to each other to form a large wide ranging net.

In the event of Intruder detection, the droids could plot the route by communicating amongst them selves and send info to the Star Destroyer or indeed to any local Scout Trooper units.

The Droid was made from 1/6 ammo cases, bits of tanks and metal rods for the aerials.

In the diorama, this will sit amongs the foilage, and would have just notified the tropper, sitting on his bike, of an approaching threat. The Trooper, a seasoned pro...springs into action.

2013-04-18182712_zpsd0bc5742.jpg

2013-04-18185710_zpsdb5d9c30.jpg

Cheers Bobamike..In a way it is a remote for outstation troppers, it provides local intruder detection and relays that to the troppers to intercept the threat.

Bike nearing completion...:yess: think I have the exhausts to do and two arms that exit the body cowl at angles..then its onto the hard bit....attaching the soldier and making him stand and support the bike :horror Hope it works.

2013-04-26092555_zpsd5bc4065.jpg

2013-04-26092541_zpsa81023ad.jpg

2013-04-26092528_zps97c568ce.jpg

2013-04-26092513_zps69345ecd.jpg

2013-04-26092504_zps4a4487c3.jpg

2013-04-26092454_zps199f7caf.jpg

Things I did:

New cables on handlebars - 1mm wire attached to bars with small vinyl tape strips paited silver and superglued in place.

Rounded the square pegs on the handlebars that locate them to the main body. My Handlebars were off and the hand grips never remotely matched each other and looked crap. By rounding the square peg, they could be adjusted to line up more. I needed to cut small parts off the other body locating pins for the handlebars too, to allow the arm with the suspension, to be moved in line with the rotation of the front peg...if you see what I mean. Anyway, the handlebars are squared to each other and the grips look more in line now.

Made the Instrument panel levers with aluminium rod, with small bits of plastic rod glued to each side and a vinyl tape top added. A couple of winds of the tape...maybe three, just to bulk up the ends. Holes drilled and the bars overlength, slipped through and superglued inside.

Tarp glued in place and painted ribbon used for the straps to hold the tarp in place. Vinyle tape painted silver as hold bands for the tarp straps.

Rust pigmants added to tarp tie down bars

Exhaust flaps glued to working hinges.

I must admit...I think she is starting to look the business. I am sure if you wanted to go to town, you could replace the turbine mounts, replace the pedal arm assembly with thinner metal rods...etc etc. But it would never be perfect because of the limitation of the original body so I do not see the point. She looks good overall..all things considered.

I am happy with her as is. Hope you guys like her.

I would like to thanks the guys commenting for their support. Wish me luck with the soldiers butt cheeks, I hope they can bear the strain :lol

Feel free to throw your ten penneth in (ten cents for colonial brothers - and sisters )

More soon.

Today I completed the exhaust stack....then threw it away and started again.

Did the Trooper's pouches.

Also started on the base...

Pics soon.

Everything is looking awesome man. And the attention to detail is mind blowing. ?...:thud:

Back