Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not underneath. All of Vader's arms and legs there? That's all rubber molded, it's not cloth. The robes are the only cloth goods on this as far as I can see.

Wow, thought it was shiny cloth. I wish somebody would review this thing video wise. So, now after really looking at Bespin luke, it's a whole rubber suit? Not sure I'm a fan of that.

Mine arrived yesterday... and I?ve hit some summary thoughts to share until I can get further in depth:

1. The helmet. I think it looks great and had the same concerns that most others do about proportions. To me this is a perfect New Hope or Rogue One version. To me it lacks the depth that the ESB version has which I?m trying to point out in the attached images

2. It?s a very solid figure and definitely has the poseability advertised.

3. With regard to the term squishy, it definitely feels like a skin around a s with regard to the term squishy, it definitely feels like a skin around a solid skeletal frame but isn?t sagging in your hands either like an infant for lack of a better comparison.

4. My only complaint does far is his left arm which seems to be somewhat stuck in the position it came packaged in. I didn?t want to begin fussing with it until I had enough time to do so in a cheerful manner.

Thus far: i?m satisfied with the detail and aesthetic, seems like a very solid durable figure. I?ll post more information once I have enough time to devote to it as to make a more thorough and credible valuation. If you?re on the fence with it right now, I?d say roll the dice and give it a shot.

Mine arrived yesterday. I think it's pretty impressive for the price point. The packaging is quite nice and very collector-y. It's so nice that I'm not sure whether or not to unbox it.

In the pictures on another site I see that Hasbro's inability to match the soft-goods scale to the figure continues with this figure. The skirt looks to be 1/2" to an 1" too long. Nothing like the appropriate length on the prototype. In the pictures here it looks like the cape is too long as well. I don't think Vader's cape is supposed to pool around him when it stands. He's not Batman.

This is a weird line. I can accept the rubber on Vader since it'll probably do a decent job of looking like the leather. Except that the soft plastic chest-box seems weird. However, I think it'll look odd on a figure like Luke.

Last edited:
So are Luke?s bespin fatigues going to be all rubber? Really interested to see how he looks. At the moment all we have is a few very poor looking CGI pics.

Rubber outfit for Vader makes sense considering what it looks like. Rubber clothing on Luke legit would make no sense and just look stupid.

Given the price they are commanding, rubber clothing does not compare to what you get from Mezco in 1/12 scale with real clothing. I wish a company like mezco could do a 1/12 line because that stuff would be incredible.

Putting together a full gallery/review of this for Exclucollective.com, here's the first pic...

6ba3bd524d4f8324f4360c24f4c5eeab.jpg

A great figure is a great figure no matter what the scale plus he costs less than your average Mezco figure. With that being said if I buy one it'll because I found it on discount.

Interested to see this pictured between the 6" BS Vader and a 1/6 scale Vader.

I picture a lot of these turning into floppy messes when the joints inside loosen up and no way to tighten

Thanks for that pic. The 8" Vader seems like a really solid "one-off" fig from this line. Not sure I need the Luke.

Thanks for sharing the pics! The figure looks pretty great, though not $80 great! I'll definitely plan to pick him up if he goes on a nice discount.

I picture a lot of these turning into floppy messes when the joints inside loosen up and no way to tighten

Everything I've heard about this is that it takes lots of force to actually articulate this guy, so I don't foresee loose joints being a problem.

Thanks for that pic. The 8" Vader seems like a really solid "one-off" fig from this line. Not sure I need the Luke.

Yeah, I'm not going to get in another scale but I really like the helmet on this guy. I think he's definitely solid even for $80, maybe if he goes down to $50 or something I'll give him a whirl. It'll really depend too on how Luke looks, still no actual photos of that yet.

Back