Hasbro CAIRO SWORDSMAN 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this guy! The Hasbro Swordsman. I guess I need to find him, dig him out, and begin reworking him some when I can. Good luck to anyone working on one. Hope I can find mine.
I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

Hi All

I did this figure up a littlle while ago and put the head on a Dragon body and it turned out pretty good, it is a little smaller then 1/6 but still looks great next to Indy.

Les I can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Ron

I was thinking the same thing. The handle looks massive! I wonder if there's any pics of it in this old Indy/Sw prop book I have? I'll check tonight.

BTW Ron, yours looks great! As always. :D

I was thinking the same thing. The handle looks massive! I wonder if there's any pics of it in this old Indy/Sw prop book I have? I'll check tonight.

Sword looks pretty big in the movie too...

raiders_sword.jpg

250px-HehHehHeh.jpg
3827223516_971b72b5e1.jpg

Wasn't that the gag -- big guy, big sword; take him out with one shot.

Well, it was supposed to be a big whip v sword scene.... Judging by that last pic the handle isn't as wide as the base of the blade, so maybe some doctoring will help the Hasbro version... I have a tall buck laying around that I might use for this, assuming the head doesn't look goofy on it.

I think that might be a little of the blur effect of the moving blade in that shot... but yes, the Hasbro is a bit oversized... but not too bad really. Within reason. A larger body with larger hands would certainly help.

I wouldn't want to use a Comedian or Whiplash or T-800 body for this guy (too pricey) but that would really add the size you need. Of course, the sculpt being on the small side already causes problems. Fortunately the turban can help hide that to some degree.

A tall buck would be fine for this height-wise. I have some old 21st Century bodies that might even work with a bit of the knee extension.

I'm not too concerned about what's unseen on this guy. Just want to get the height right, the tunic length right, replace the sash and repaint that sword. This bash is even simpler than Sallah if you're OK with the Hasbro parts. It's basically a body swap.

I think that might be a little of the blur effect of the moving blade in that shot... but yes, the Hasbro is a bit oversized... but not too bad really. Within reason. A larger body with larger hands would certainly help.

I wouldn't want to use a Comedian or Whiplash or T-800 body for this guy (too pricey) but that would really add the size you need. Of course, the sculpt being on the small side already causes problems. Fortunately the turban can help hide that to some degree.

A tall buck would be fine for this height-wise. I have some old 21st Century bodies that might even work with a bit of the knee extension.

I'm not too concerned about what's unseen on this guy. Just want to get the height right, the tunic length right, replace the sash and repaint that sword. This bash is even simpler than Sallah if you're OK with the Hasbro parts. It's basically a body swap.

Yep, with a bit of a repaint he could look pretty good, as Ron's shows.

Hi All

Thanks for the kind words guys and it is actually amazing how good teh sculpt is under all that factory paint, even thou it is a little small it still is a great HS. As for the sword it is a little wide at the base but nothing that is tto worrying.

Ron

Hi All

FLOSI - Yeah mate I just used a little acetone/nail polish on mine using a cotton bud. I swapped around the HS with the cotton bud and left it for about 5 minutes and then wiped the acetone/nail polish away with a tissue.

Ron

Ron,

Nice to see your work here. Do you have any tips for reducing the "bulkiness" of Hasbro's robes - either by tailoring or treating the fabric ?

Hi All

inky_skin wrote
Ron,

Nice to see your work here. Do you have any tips for reducing the "bulkiness" of Hasbro's robes - either by tailoring or treating the fabric ?

Hi Mate to help with the bulkiness I did 4 things to it.

1: I used a Dragon body which is a little larger then most bodies now a days so that helped with the looseness.

2: I gave it a wash in fabric softner to soften it more.

3: I then put it on the body and used watered down PVA/WOODGLUE to make it sit better.

4: Once the glue dried I painted it with GW Chaos Black, as it's more for viewing then playing, as painting it helps the creases sit better once it dries.

hope this helps mate.

Ron

Back