Hasbro CAIRO SWORDSMAN 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. For the under-a-minute screen time he has, this is an excellent figure. Even if you pose him on the ground, shot dead.

People that pass him up now will be looking for him this time next year when the Indy machine/merchadise dries up.

I wouldn't mind if SS concentrated on major characters and Hasbro filled in with lesser goons -- like Monkey Man or Arab Thugs, etc -- since it's unlikely that SS will have the time to produce a long expansive line.

Plus I'm not sure many people will pay $90 for a guy with 15 seconds of screen time.

Picked up a Cairo Swordsman figure myself. For $20 this thing's a pretty good buy! The head sculpt looks just slightly off somehow, but it's still a damn good likeness. I especially like the fact that Hasbro didn't go for the usual generic expression. It wouldn't have worked for this figure. The Cairo Swordsman , I believe was my first Raiders figure from Kenner when I was a kid, so it's fitting to pick him up as my first 12" Indy figure from Hasbro some two decades later.

I'm a bit surprised they went with the SA Joe body. Aside from the hands, and big feet, this body is great! But I suppose I feel that way because it's near perfect for a Clayton Moore "Lone Ranger" custom, except the height needs to be addressed.

A bit of sad news, some ****** stole my ark sticker from the package before I bought it. I wants me that ark!

Got him today... thanks, Josh!

CairoSwordsman1.jpg

CairoSwordsman4.jpg

All in all, pretty good figure. The sculpt is way better than I'm used to with Hasbro generally. Must be the guy who did Jango Fett. A repaint will really make this figure look like he's part of the SS line.

The boots are a nice sculpt too, I just don't know if they're accurate... but who knows, so it works.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the black robe and red sash with material that isn't so shiny, but that would be a royal pain. Might just replace the sash so I can get that wide band look around the belly. I'd also like to give this guy some pants...whether he had them or not.

The turban is cool though. The whole thing just needs some water treatment, although I'm not sure it will take as the material is much like SS Leia's dress.

One thing's for sure -- he needs a bigger body! This guy is tiny, barely 11inches tall. Simple lifts ain't enough to put him with SS Indy. Got to get a WWF 12" body or something, or a Buck body and bulk it up and then use lifts in the boots.

But again, for the price, a worthy addition to the finally growing line of Indy villains.

If only I could get Monkey Man... I was really counting on Hasbro for that one.

I put mine on a TT body still a little short. But the head looks like a bb.

... Why couldn't they have used THAT body for the Indys and Mutt???!!!

Hopefully they will release a normal (no action feature) Indiana Jones figure.

Actually, I just swapped the whip-action Indy's head with one of the meatier Hasbro G.I. Joe figures I had and popped on the clothes of the yapping Indy and it's a night and day difference...the Indy Hasbro SHOULD have released! :lol

Indy.jpg

I picked this guy up a couple of weeks ago, when TRU had their 12" Hasbro Indy figures on sale for $9.99. Even at that price, he was still the only one that I could bring myself to actually buy. Gotta agree, he is pretty darn nice, though I too am looking at replacing his body and maybe doing a repaint. He doesn't really look imposing enough to fit well with SS Indy:

IMG_09382.JPG

IMG_09421.JPG

IMG_09511.JPG

IMG_09521.JPG

IMG_09531.JPG

This figure actually looks pretty good. I think a body swap with a tall Buck (like the one found on SS's "Smuggler Han") may be in order. Pad his belly up some and kill the sheen on the headsculpt and he's good to go.

This figure actually looks pretty good. I think a body swap with a tall Buck (like the one found on SS's "Smuggler Han") may be in order. Pad his belly up some and kill the sheen on the headsculpt and he's good to go.

Yep, pretty much...

Although, as I investigate this, it's a bit more work. Obviously, with the added inch or two in height, you then have a "short skirt" issue. So now I have to make a black underskirt to compensate for the difference.

The only other problem, as someone mentioned, is that the sculpt itself may look small once placed on a larger, meatier body...as the sculpt looks smallish now on an 11" body. Filling the turbin out will be necessary to make the face appear larger.

But still, for the money, you get a sculpt, the basic outfit, the boots, and the scimitar as a base starting point which isn't bad. With a new sash, a repainted face and scimitar, a bigger body... he'll look solid on the shelf for a character with little more than 15 seconds of screen time.

All that, plus... this is gonna be the only 1/6th Cairo Swordsman ever made. And that's probably the best reason to pick him up.

Anyone have some extra snakes that came with the Cairo Swordsman figure? Willing to pay for some Cobra snakes!!!!

Last edited:
i can send you what i got, but have to find it first. pm me your addy.

remember when we were kids how easy it was to find plastic snakes and spiders and stuff at every toy or grocery store?

i can send you what i got, but have to find it first. pm me your addy.

remember when we were kids how easy it was to find plastic snakes and spiders and stuff at every toy or grocery store?

Yea, no ____ and now that I need something like that I'm swimming in the deep end looking for stuff :rotfl

Back