Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but Hasbro showed off a LOT of useless sh** at NY Toy Fair. I'm glad I don't collect action figures so much anymore.

Hi ... I just have a quick. Question. I got this stormtrooper figure off of Ebay, and I have no idea where the headsculpt is from. Does anybody have any ideas. I like it... I'm just curious where it is from.
Thanks
Ship

It's a legit release.

It's the 'Spacetrooper' figure from the 2009 ANH Legacy wave. The head's based on a young Joe Johnston who was also actually an extra in costume for the film - hence the figure.

It's a tribute of sorts. :)

Finally found the Vintage ARC trooper at my local Walmart. I didn't think I'd ever see him in the store. I've had barriss offee for a while and was able to pick up aayla Secura recently. Can't say I'm looking forward to much in this line coming up. Just rehashes and repacks it seems like.

Finally saw those new 12" figures yesterday (Anakin and Clonetrooper)...holy crap are they bad! The Clone doesn't look that terrible I guess, but the Anakin is just...awful! The only redemming factor I found was that they were already marked down to $9.99 at Target...same price as a 3 3/4" figure! For that price, they might make good chew toys for a dog but, heck, the dog probably wouldn't even play with them!

A-dev? In the SW Hasbro thread? :lol

What about the 6" Black line man? :huh

Biggs' X-wing?

I've still been collecting Original Trilogy stuff. Although I had to forego the last couple of waves with Vintage Nikto, Lumat, Weequay Hunter etc. Also missed that big ewok multipack. Hopefully I'll be able to get them down the road

No interest in a 6inch line and Biggs' X-wing. I don't even have the space to display my SW collection anymore so theres no point in me buying more vehicles I already have. Jabbas Sail Barge is the only one I'd get now. Dunno where I'd put it though.

Not sure if they still are, but a lot of those final wave figures were dirt cheap on Amazon around Christmas time. I picked up alot of them for like $2 - $3...minus the Royal Guard and Republic Trooper of course.

Not sure if they still are, but a lot of those final wave figures were dirt cheap on Amazon around Christmas time. I picked up alot of them for like $2 - $3...minus the Royal Guard and Republic Trooper of course.
:horror :thud:

I only get that lucky if a local eTailer has a clearance sale.. & it's almost NEVER the cool figures I'm after. :lol

Hey guys,
Does anyone here know if Hasbro will be releasing any more vehicles in the vintage packaging? This is a huge thread so forgive me if it's been asked and answered before.

Beside the next three coming this fall (Slave I, Biggs's X-Wing and Tie Interceptor), none are confirmed.

With those becoming exclusively retailers/web exclusives, i can see more coming our way later on.

Edit: Forgot about the TRU exclusive Gunship. No box pic yet but i believe it's gonna be released in Vintage style packaging.

Beside the next three coming this fall (Slave I, Biggs's X-Wing and Tie Interceptor), none are confirmed.

With those becoming exclusively retailers/web exclusives, i can see more coming our way later on.

Edit: Forgot about the TRU exclusive Gunship. No box pic yet but i believe it's gonna be released in Vintage style packaging.

Ah okay thanks for that info. I hope they continue with the vintage packaged vehicles, it's the first time in a long time I enjoyed collection Hasbro stuff. I hope they get around to Vader's tie fighter and an Imperial shuttle. I'm confused as to why they released the older stubby winged Tie Fighter, when the other vehicles are the updated modern versions.

:wave

Thought those of you that talk in here might be curious to see my old collection. Click the smilie to go to the gallery.

Can't wait for Hasbro's 6" line! What's everyone's favorite Hasbro lines? Mine has to be PotF2. Yeah, they look like crap, but they were the ones I first collected and the ones I played with. OTC comes in second for updating the designs with NICE packaging.

First and foremost, 1977-1985 vintage. Then the stuff I didn't collect in the mid-2000's, I supposed it's OTC. I probably have most (at one point had all) of POTF2. They were neat and nostalgic when they came out in 1995 and I did most of my collecting between 1997 and 2000. But today most of the POTF2 stuff looks rather goofy. Too much re-use of body styles and exaggerated proportions. The new stuff is much nicer in terms of playability and design. But I don't collect the new stuff. ;) Except for the 2010 AT-AT I'm trying to nab.

Back