Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, a 6" Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite set is the SDCC exclusive and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by someone at Hasbro, though not "officially" announced yet. There was a story, I thought at Rebelscum, but now can't find it, where a Hasbro employee had discussed the carbonite block.

I'm quite sure that a single carded Boba will be right around the corner at retail, probably in wave 2 since they will already have him completed.

:goodpost:

Sideshow needs to make that cantina environment along with Wuher and Ponda Baba.

Actually, a 6" Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite set is the SDCC exclusive and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed by someone at Hasbro, though not "officially" announced yet. There was a story, I thought at Rebelscum, but now can't find it, where a Hasbro employee had discussed the carbonite block.

I'm quite sure that a single carded Boba will be right around the corner at retail, probably in wave 2 since they will already have him completed.

Ok, I finally found the story at RS and, sorry, I mis remembered what I thought I had read :slap They were actually talking about the carbonite slab that comes with the upcoming "BMF" Slave I.

Since we are on the subject of carbonite Han I thought I'd share my custom freezing chamber han.
2equtema.jpg

It's the saga han in carbonite block body, with vintage bespin head, VOTC endor Han lower legs and arms. I hollowed out the body a bit the fit the rounded deltoids after shaving the sleeve down a bit. I also cut the lower legs off and drilled holes so he could have knee articulation as well. Not bad I think.
ehuvunyb.jpg

I just bought the Hasbro 12 inch Zuckuss. I really like him I can't believe how well he fits with in with all of my sideshow figures.

I don't tend to like Hasbro's Han figures. The scrawniness, ugly ball-joint heads, likenesses that are never there. Generally a disappointment in some way.

I don't tend to like Hasbro's Han figures. The scrawniness, ugly ball-joint heads, likenesses that are never there.

You've described every single one of Hasbro's figures. ;) However with regards to Han and scrawny, you should watch ANH again - Ford was pretty thin. In fact a lot more scrawny than the previous figure would suggest, with the exception of that giraffe neck of course.

Yeah, that 2006 TSC carbonite Han figure Jim used, is an excellent starting point for a great Han custom - it's been a fave of mine for ages. Great proportions & overall sculpt.

Good job on the added articulation too Jim! :hi5:

You've described every single one of Hasbro's figures. ;) However with regards to Han and scrawny, you should watch ANH again - Ford was pretty thin. In fact a lot more scrawny than the previous figure would suggest, with the exception of that giraffe neck of course.

He may have been slim but was he slimmer than Mark Hamill? Luke figures tend to be bulkier though maybe its just the outfits he happened to wear.

All my stores seem to be desolate and barren. Hopefully Hasbro gets this dry spell moving soon.

All my stores seem to be desolate and barren. Hopefully Hasbro gets this dry spell moving soon.

I agree. The stuff they've come out with recently is bad - those 12" figures are terrible. All the angry bird stuff and clone wars I'm not interested in. Looking forward to the storm.

On a side note, I recently found a Mon Calamari Pilot (deleted scene) at Target. Are they bringing these figures out now?

It looke like the US market is put for some erratic distribution lately with several 2012 waves coming out of nowhere at several retail stores. Deleted scenes, Malgus wave among others.

Back