Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on ebay the other day and saw this gut selling Darth Maul from TVC for $50 because his belt was on backwards. I bought one off from Target and one off ebay both of which had a backwards belt. So does anyone know if this the whole first wave or just some? I mean I have two of them and this guys is peddling one $50. Thats some serious dough for something that doesnt even seem that rare. Just wondering if anyone else heard about it.

I picked one up last week (finally) and his belt was not on backwards.

Popped the hood and cloak from the recent TVC Darth Sidious onto the Order 66 Palpatine, I think it turned out pretty nice:

IMG_03333.JPG

Opened my TCW Savage Opress....VERY nice figure.
Also found the Discover the Force figures at my local Big W just now.Grabbed what i wanted and left the rest.

1329467744424.jpg

1329467783194.jpg

1329467799081.jpg

1329467946540.jpg

1329520086519.jpg

1329520100685.jpg

1329520108577.jpg

1329520117649.jpg

Speaking of cloth material...

tarkin1.jpg

I just... don't know what Hasbro is thinking these days. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That looks AWFUL. :cuckoo:

Yeah I dont think it bothers me as much as other people but it doesnt look great. With a character like Tarkin its unnecessary. Its fine with a a figure that has ball jointed hips to give better range of motion. But other than that Im siked for the figure. Love Tarkin, I always wished he would have made it to at least ESB.

I picked one up last week (finally) and his belt was not on backwards.

Curious. I wonder if they had time to fix it or if it just all mixed. I have one that I broke out of package and i found another at Target that I planned to take out as well but I saw that backwards belt and decided to keep it MOC just in case. Very cool figure. My only complaints is I wish the damn horns werent so huge and they would have spen more time on his cloak.

Popped the hood and cloak from the recent TVC Darth Sidious onto the Order 66 Palpatine, I think it turned out pretty nice:

IMG_03333.JPG

I like it. I dont like the plastic hood with soft goods cloak robe robe look but with this figure it pulls it off nicely. I think it looks absolutely ridiculous on Maul and had no intentions on displaying him with it when I first got. They usually make them way too big so they can be pulled on and off but it just ends up making the head look small. Now plastic hood with plastic robe is fine

I wanted to pick up a Han in Bespin outfit but that thing is going for some cash. Even loose I saw him for $30. and in completed listing I saw that he went as high as $70 MOC, of course that the high end. But your gonna end up paying $40- $60 easily on him brand new. Im assuming he's hard to find but why? Did Hasbro not make enough? Same goes for Darth Sidious VC12, I dont see a lot of him either.

It's really great to see when Hasbro can really pull off the cloth on this scale, it really works well...like with Dofine here....as more of an accent.

VIN-DOFINE-02.gif

It's really great to see when Hasbro can really pull off the cloth on this scale, it really works well...like with Dofine here....as more of an accent.

VIN-DOFINE-02.gif

It looks alright. Personally I never thought the one softgoods success to five disasters was ever worth it though. I hate that its become the norm on Hasbro 3 3/4 figures.

VIN-DOFINE-02.gif

That actually looks really good. For the most part soft goods doesnt bother me. I mean there are figures that have no business having it and others just look flat out silly but when they get it right I really like it. Some people really hate how all the Jedi's have soft good robes/cloaks but I prefer them. Some look better than others and it takes a hell of a lot of futzing but I like them.

I've decided to sell all my old SW figures. Everything's in boxes, and accessories are all sorted by type in a tackle box, small blasters, heavy blasters, creatures, lightsabers, etc.

My dumb ass didn't bother to baggie each figure with its accessories, so if I'm selling all this stuff off, is it going to be worth my while to find out which Darth Vader came with which Vader saber, or should I just put up a lot of loose figures, and a lot of loose accessories??

I'm already having a hell of time trying to figure out which R2-D2 is which.

I've decided to sell all my old SW figures. Everything's in boxes, and accessories are all sorted by type in a tackle box, small blasters, heavy blasters, creatures, lightsabers, etc.

My dumb ass didn't bother to baggie each figure with its accessories, so if I'm selling all this stuff off, is it going to be worth my while to find out which Darth Vader came with which Vader saber, or should I just put up a lot of loose figures, and a lot of loose accessories??

I'm already having a hell of time trying to figure out which R2-D2 is which.

If I were you I wouldn't bother-- Unless there are a couple of extremely rare figs I think you'd be better off organizing them into movies/army building groups and try to sell them that way...

It looks alright. Personally I never thought the one softgoods success to five disasters was ever worth it though. I hate that its become the norm on Hasbro 3 3/4 figures.

Yup. I've passed over figures I would otherwise have bought because they were ruined by "soft goods".

If I were you I wouldn't bother-- Unless there are a couple of extremely rare figs I think you'd be better off organizing them into movies/army building groups and try to sell them that way...

Cool, that was my plan. I've already sorted the figures by movie, I was probably going to sell them in lots based on the scene.

Now I just need to sort out the accessories :gah:

The old book STAR WARS ACTION FIGURE ARCHIVE is a great resource for anything prior to 1997. After that... it's just annoying.

I wanted to pick up a Han in Bespin outfit but that thing is going for some cash. Even loose I saw him for $30. and in completed listing I saw that he went as high as $70 MOC, of course that the high end. But your gonna end up paying $40- $60 easily on him brand new. Im assuming he's hard to find but why? Did Hasbro not make enough? Same goes for Darth Sidious VC12, I dont see a lot of him either.

I believe that Bespin Han is being re-released in a future assortment, so don't pay scalper prices for him. Not sure where I read it, either Rebelscum or Jedi Temple Archives.

Don't give up on Sidious either, I managed to find two, one at Wal-Mart and one at Toys R Us, and this wave has just started showing up at Target.

**EDIT**

Yup, here it is: https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Vintage_Collection_2012_By_The_Numbers_143477.asp

He will actually be shipping in a few different assortments according to this list. Looks like Sidious will be shipping in a couple of these as well.

Last edited:

I agree 100%. Softgoods just distract and bring unwanted attention to themselves. I definitely prefer sculpted plastic. That said, Hasbro has seemingly stepped up their softgoods game lately. The new Darth Sidious is decent, the Naboo Pilot/Ric Olie have nice flight coats, but Daultay Dofine is the best usage of softgoods I've ever seen. No offense, jedibear, but I really think you need to play with his sleeves a bit more to get them to lay down. Once you do, the figure looks much more like a SSC 1:6 scale Dofine shrunk down to 3 3/4" size!

Decent softgoods:
photo.jpg

Incredible softgoods:
N1LFQ.jpg

Last edited:
I agree 100%. Softgoods just distract and bring unwanted attention to themselves. I definitely prefer sculpted plastic. That said, Hasbro has seemingly stepped up their softgoods game lately. The new Darth Sidious is decent, the Naboo Pilot/Ric Olie have nice flight coats, but Daultay Dofine is the best usage of softgoods I've ever seen. No offense, jedibear, but I really think you need to play with his sleeves a bit more to get them to lay down. Once you do, the figure looks much more like a SSC 1:6 scale Dofine shrunk down to 3 3/4" size!

Decent softgoods:
photo.jpg

Incredible softgoods:
attachment

The second pic is a red x for me. The Sidious looks acceptable but sculpted robes would still look better. This scale is simply too small to carry off real cloth realistically. Always has been always will be. I wish Hasbro would cop on and realise that not every single figure needs to be superarticulated. In cases like Sidious - OK make one SA version but for godsake put out a sculpted version too. Why does every single release of the character have to be softgoods? I can't believe that in 2012 the best figure of the Emperor from ROTJ is still the 1997 figure because of their insistance that everything since be softgoods.

The second pic is a red x for me. The Sidious looks acceptable but sculpted robes would still look better. This scale is simply too small to carry off real cloth realistically. Always has been always will be. I wish Hasbro would cop on and realise that not every single figure needs to be superarticulated. In cases like Sidious - OK make one SA version but for godsake put out a sculpted version too. Why does every single release of the character have to be softgoods? I can't believe that in 2012 the best figure of the Emperor from ROTJ is still the 1997 figure because of their insistance that everything since be softgoods.

Oops. Fixed.

N1LFQ.jpg

And you're right, cloth just doesn't work on this scale, with the exception of maybe being under the plastic tabards of a Jedi with ball-jointed hips. It does not work for figures like the new Tarkin, who have no plastic parts to cover it up.

I actually think cloth has the potential to work even at this scale if it were made super super thin and maybe treated somehow so that it was poseable. But it wouldn't really be appropriate for use on toys then.

Back