Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gungan Warrior is brand new and pretty awesome.

IMG_1572.jpg

I love that they're getting into these random accessories. Really well made.
IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

This accessory is an interesting pack-in since... you only use it when riding the kaadu (how come hasbro didn't revisit that creature??)
IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

The whole family
IMG_1582.jpg

Two newest Gungan Warriors in the center, and their previous versions on the side.
IMG_1578.jpg

Mawhonic

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Why is he so small? I always thought he was a full sized alien.
IMG_1593.jpg

The whole family
IMG_1594.jpg

Great pics Coheteboy! I've passed on the rest of this wave other than Aurra, but after seeing these I may just go back and pick up that Gungan and Mawhonic.

True, but that shouldn't have been the final nail in the coffin of all-sculpted Emperors. Theres no reason another all-sculpted attempt wouldn't have nailed it and those of who can't stand softgoods wouldn't be stuck with a 15 year old figure in our Death Star landing bay dioramas!

:lol No I agree with you. I mean I like softgoods when its done right but I understand everyone's hate for it too. I mean I dont think the new Darth Sidious is that bad. And I hate this new thing with molded hood with soft goods robe.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Man these are almost cause for me to buy new PT stuff. :lol These look very cool. But Im not a fan of Gungans. I do have a few PT figures that I just wanted to have for the collection but I after I got those I was satisfied. I even got Mace Windu which is really strange because I think its some of the worst acting Ive ever seen form Samuel L. Jackson. I dunno. Anyway what is that your using for a background? Every time I take pics you always see like my refrigerator or T.V. or something in the back. :lol

Last edited:
Anyway what is that your using for a background? Every time I take pics you always see like my refrigerator or T.V. or something in the back. :lol

haha, it's actually just white paper. Large white paper from the wall down to the table top. Picture a real photo shoot but smaller. It doesn't look great as I don't have proper lighting so it's not pure white as I want it.

Anyway, here's the pilots. Starting with Ric Olie. Remember when everyone was saying he's going to be the "Wedge Antilles" of episode 1? They shouldn't of said that because he was kind of a disappointment lol.

Ric comes with a helmet w/ goggles over his eyes.
IMG_1600.jpg

And for the first time ever, a cloak
IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

From 1999's James Caan to 2012's Ric Olie
IMG_1606.jpg

Naboo Pilot looks kinda like that freak actor who married the underage scary girl. And wtf is up with the unpainted hair?
IMG_1611.jpg

He comes with a helmet with the goggles permanently up.
IMG_1612.jpg

Ep1 space battle heroes
IMG_1614.jpg

And since Ric spends most of the film without his cloak and helmet, I figure I'd just donate them to the original Ric Olie figure. Instant troop builder!
IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

This accessory is an interesting pack-in since... you only use it when riding the kaadu (how come hasbro didn't revisit that creature??)
IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

The whole family
IMG_1582.jpg

Two newest Gungan Warriors in the center, and their previous versions on the side.
IMG_1578.jpg

I have to say, the Gungans and their gear were pretty great designs. It's a shame how they were portrayed in the film. If they weren't made out to be annoying idiots, I think people would be able to see how cool the designs are more clearly. The Battle Droids have the same problem. They have such a great design but were made out to be such a joke, so people ended up not liking them and/or unable to take them seriously.

haha, it's actually just white paper. Large white paper from the wall down to the table top. Picture a real photo shoot but smaller. It doesn't look great as I don't have proper lighting so it's not pure white as I want it.

Anyway, here's the pilots. Starting with Ric Olie. Remember when everyone was saying he's going to be the "Wedge Antilles" of episode 1? They shouldn't of said that because he was kind of a disappointment lol.

And for the first time ever, a cloak
IMG_1602.jpg

The paper looks fine. I think I'll try your idea. Its better than seeing a dresser drawer or something.

I have to say, the Gungans and their gear were pretty great designs. It's a shame how they were portrayed in the film. If they weren't made out to be annoying idiots, I think people would be able to see how cool the designs are more clearly. The Battle Droids have the same problem. They have such a great design but were made out to be such a joke, so people ended up not liking them and/or unable to take them seriously.

:exactly: I couldn't agree with you more. I'm glad you posted this because this is always how I felt. And like you said the design is great and these figure's are no exception. I'd like to pick up a few of the Gungan's but I hate them as character's. The droid's never did anything for me.

Where are all these pod racer characters being released? Are they just from the current Vintage line?

Ben Quadinaros and Ratts Tyerell are two individual vintage figures.

Mawhonic is a Wal-Mart exclusive in 3D glasses packaging.

TRU has an exclusive Podracer set of reissues.

I was at Wal- Mart about a week ago and found all the Blu-Ray Commemorative 4 pack on clearance for $12.50. Even though I already had all but 1 I picked them up. Could I use the UPC off of those for the Boba Fett mail away? I can't see why not. Anyway what is a good ANH Luke? I can't really find one that satisfies. I got TVC Bespin Luke in the mail which I like and my favorite Luke is the Snowspeeder outfit from the Ep.V BR pack. I just really like the sculpt on that one it's just that it's sculpted with a hood so it's not exactly a proper Luke that could be used with other bodies.

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

I've always thought this as well. There are so many missed opportunities with the prequels it's hard to know where to start, but the gungans and battle droids are high up on my list. If they had made the gungans noble warriors instead of buffoons and the droids competent soldiers instead of comic relief, the films might have turned out rather differently.

I've always thought this as well. There are so many missed opportunities with the prequels it's hard to know where to start, but the gungans and battle droids are high up on my list. If they had made the gungans noble warriors instead of buffoons and the droids competent soldiers instead of comic relief, the films might have turned out rather differently.

Yeah exactly. There are so many other ways you could make it apparent that droid soldiers could be outclassed by human ones. Making them into ineffectual jokes is at the bottom of the list for accomplishing this in my opinion. I agree with what you said about the gungans too, why make them into buffoons, what's the reasoning behind this? Lucas couldn't have honestly thought people would have a good response to this, but anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

picked up the Republic Attack Shuttle for $40 on clearance. Do any of you have it open? is it worth keeping? I am on the fence about it. I don't know how I feel about the playset feature of it when you open it. I would have rather it be like the At Te tank of the At At and not a playset.

Well in short, how is it? pretty cool open and on display?

Also, picked up the Darth Vader and General Grievous electronic masks for $5.98 each on clearance.

It's nice as long as you do not change it.

FYI they are now making the Metal ships again (Not even going to try to spell it). Ya. Pickup two packs of them. Target has them for $20, walmart $2 more. One can never have to many Death Stars.

Back