Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you guys seen the new 3 3/4 Darth Vader from Hasbro? I think they made have finally made the perfect Vader. That helmet is amazing!

https://www.rebelscum.com/26-Darth-Vader-ROTS-The-Black-Series-Hasbro.asp

View attachment 129938

It is an unbelievably amazing figure. Not only is the sculpt incredibly accurate but for once, the proportions are perfect. Usually the helmet is incredibly undersized. I wonder if the helmet is so much better than previous attempts due to there being a digital scan of the ROTS helmet. Perhaps they didn't had to do much sculpting on that part of the figure.

At least they don't look like a blooming onion. ;)

FNM_120109-Copy-That-003_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

Those cloth capes suck. Jesus, look at Palp; he looks like a blooming flower.

Lol, they do look pretty bad. I wish they would use heavier material like the vintage ROTJ figures. At this point, I would settle for cloth similar to the 1990s Commtech Vader.

^ That'd be the idea normally. :lol

I'm looking forward to more animated style OT figures, to complete my little 'original 12' display. It's great that they made the droids, Chewie & the Jawas in the CW line, & with the Stormtrooper being the next locked in figure out of that sub set - I'm one closer to finished. I'd be in heaven if they announced Sand People & the Death Squad Commander in the REBELS line. :rock

You just know Vader & Ben coming.. it's only a matter of time.

^ That'd be the idea normally. :lol

I'm looking forward to more animated style OT figures, to complete my little 'original 12' display. It's great that they made the droids, Chewie & the Jawas in the CW line, & with the Stormtrooper being the next locked in figure out of that sub set - I'm one closer to finished. I'd be in heaven if they announced Sand People & the Death Squad Commander in the REBELS line. :rock

You just know Vader & Ben coming.. it's only a matter of time.

Of course, but I've been hearing very little buzz and the show will be airing in a month! I can't wait to see some the classic characters in animated form, particularly Ben.

Man, having a hell of a time finding new figures. Anyone know the deal with the newer Black series and Legends 3 3/4 figures? I see em on ebay, but nothin in the stores. Was really hoping to grab all the Hoth figures to go with my AT-AT setup, wanted to army build the hell out of these Legends Snowtroopers especially, but just no dice :(

Not really, the 1996 had a much bigger chest and smaller waist proportionally, like all the other figures of the time - He-Man style. I have a couple in front of me right now.

Yeah, that one's part of the 'Mission' series; five points of articulation, & hit & miss sculpts.

Some of the figures in that sub line aren't too bad, but others are pretty crap.

I'm actually in need of some newer/different Hoth figures for my diorama. Troopers, rebel and imperial for the most part.

yah some of the legends are crap, but some are actually really nice. The regular stormtrooper sports the best stormtrooper sculpt ever done by Hasbro, no joke.

If you look closely, the details & textures are actually very well done on this snowy. It's too bad he only has the retro kenner articulation, but if i find a bunch they will just be peppered in the AT-AT anyway (right now it's full if the Vintage/Legends snowy, which is a great figure no doubt - I have over 30 of those guys, but i need some variation and the old POTF2 sculpt is just way too dated for me)

You're right Reefer, that's really the strength of the 'Mission' series (apart from the cheaper price) - some figures have excellent sculpts.

The Stormie is good in that regard, as are the clones to a similar degree. Other figures have bits & pieces that look great, like the previously released Boba Fett & Vader from that Bespin Battle battle pack, which I think may have carried over to this line as well. Similarly too, that Naboo BP with Ewan, Liam & Maul - great head sculpts.

The Mace Windu from this series is another good one. It actually looks like SLJ.

It took a while, but I finished my throne for the SDCC-exclusive Jabba the Hutt figure. I sculpted it from Sculpey over a wooden base. I also repainted the Hasbro railing and hooka, and sculpted some accessories like pillows, etc. I'm pretty happy with it overall. There's more information on my site.

It took a while, but I finished my throne for the SDCC-exclusive Jabba the Hutt figure. I sculpted it from Sculpey over a wooden base. I also repainted the Hasbro railing and hooka, and sculpted some accessories like pillows, etc. I'm pretty happy with it overall. There's more information on my site.

Wow, that's awesome work!:clap Bizarre that Hasbro released Jabba without his dias - it's like Professor X without his wheelchair.

And your site is great - but I still can't believe your side-by-side pic of the GG Max Rebo mini bust as being the same size as the 1/7 Rebo Band Statue set Max. I was really hoping to get that Max mini-bust for a 1/6 dio...:slap

I think it might be more that the Rebo statue is oversized for 1/7 than that the bust is undersized for 1/6. But with these characters it's really hard to tell sometimes, because we didn't see anything on screen that allows us to easily compare sizes.

Back