Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first two were the "fell off a truck" loose figures, the third (in the centre) is a boxed figure from Hong Kong. Only real difference is the boxed version's tube stripes are blue instead of grey.

2ev5.jpg

The first two were the "fell off a truck" loose figures, the third (in the centre) is a boxed figure from Hong Kong. Only real difference is the boxed version's tube stripes are blue instead of grey.

2ev5.jpg

I'll definitely be picking up as many of these guys as I can find.

I'm digging the sandtroopers, but I wish the body had more ariculation, and no visible pin hole joints. I was thinking of cutting the body apart and hollowing the armour out, filling in the joint pin holes, and putting it on a 1/12 ThreeA portable body. Does anyone have both a trooper and a portable body to know if they'd work together scale wise, or are the portable bodies proportionally out of whack? I'm not too sure what to do in terms of a body suit, and neck sleeve, though. Anyone have any ideas?

Rumor is wave 4 will include RotS Anakin (no surprise there), AotC Clonetrooper (no interest from me but it will likely sell well), Chewbacca (all right!), and wait for it.... RotS Obi-Wan. If this is true, Hasbro is even dumber than we give them credit for. Why they didn't double pack the Stormtrooper into wave 3 and then having failed to do that opted not to carry it forward into wave 4

I was wondering when they'd do Clones, especially given the options with variants. I will definitely pick up the Clone, I've passed on them all so far (although not many have been easy to find).

Boba needs a re-release.
He's the only one i'll buy on sight so far, and i've not even bought any of these yet. I'm kinda on the fence.
But if i saw a Boba, i'd buy him, no questions asked.

However, i've not seen a Boba. BUT i also know that if i DID buy a Fett-man, I'd get all the others.

I haven't seen Boba anywhere even in comic shops and other spots that usually have the rare one with a price markup. I'd buy Boba right away too.

Both my local Targets look like that… methinks this line won't last long… :(

My local Target had Luke once, Maul once, R2 once and then has been full of Leias and Greedos.

I must be really lucky (or is it unlucky)--my Target has a full dozen Lukes and R2-D2s still on the shelf, and 6-8 each of Han Solo, Leia and Greedo. I've only seen Boba once at a Barnes and Noble.

I don't think wave 3 have been seen in the actual wild in the States yet. Most of the posted figures have come from China/eBay if I'm not correct...

That being said I was lucky enough to find 3 Fetts in the wild! Only got one left the rest!

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Correct; those are all Hong Kong stormtroopers; no sign of this wave in North America yet as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think wave 3 have been seen in the actual wild in the States yet. Most of the posted figures have come from China/eBay if I'm not correct...

That being said I was lucky enough to find 3 Fetts in the wild! Only got one left the rest!

Ok thanks for the info rnbuda.

That's just good karma. Good for you.

I still haven't pulled the trigger with this line. I'v seen them all at stores (minus Fett) picked them up and put them right down. I do know that I have zero interest in the human figures. If I find Fett, sure I will pick him up but I will not be hunting for it (I have the Sideshow and that is the ultimate for my collection of Fett). With the current line up it might only be Greedo but still I think I need a companion "cantina creature" piece to give me the drive to make the purchase. I would also pick up the Stormtrooper from series 3.

I understand why some would pass on humans at this pricepoint, but the kid in me thinks you're all missing out. Boba and the Sandtrooper look great but they can only do so many things. Luke and Han are so dang fun to play with although it's been over a month since I played with them last. I discovered the pose for them and it's hard for me to change up the display when I achieve a pose I like so much.

I have a feeling the Stormtrooper will be at best as hard to find as the Sandtrooper. At worst, it will be as hard to find as Boba Fett. It's certainly a more iconic look to casual fans than the Sandtrooper was so they might pull the trigger faster on one than they did the Sandtrooper. It's also more likely to have squad builders buying multiple copies because we see far more Stormies than we do Sandtroopers. And just because it's the "rare/desirable" figure of the set, it's likely to seek the attention of scalpers/traders picking up multiple copies. It's the only figure I'd consider buying a second copy of if it were easier to find in stores and I had the money to do so. Two Stormies flanking Vader? How cool would that look?! Of course, with a stricter toy budget being made I'm not wasting my money on a second copy of the same figure. I'll have to have Vader, a Stormie, and Boba all next to one another. It would look just as great.

I have fully supported the line and have enjoyed them all, but I am concerned that hasbro is gonna pull their usual crap and kill the line with wave 3. Fett should have been 2 per case; stormie should have been 2 per case. I agree all of them are fun but no one is getting these, it seems

I have fully supported the line and have enjoyed them all, but I am concerned that hasbro is gonna pull their usual crap and kill the line with wave 3. Fett should have been 2 per case; stormie should have been 2 per case. I agree all of them are fun but no one is getting these, it seems

Everyone on here seems to report one extreme or another. The stores I frequent usually only have a Leia and Greedo on the shelf. Everything is pretty well sold out. Going off of the visual evidence, I would have no worries. But I have the same worries you have because of people describing the complete opposite of what I'm seeing (and they have photographic evidence to back it up!). Another worry comes with these carry forward choices. Ideally this early on, there wouldn't be any carry forwards yet. But to put one in wave 3 and wave 4? And a figure that was just recently available in the previous wave? And Han Solo or RotS Obi-Wan?! Dumb, dumb, dumb. Double packing a trooper wouldn't ever hurt. Double packing Vaders or Fetts probably would also not hurt sales one bit. Dumb is all I can say. I really would like a Vader, Chewie, Lando, Old Ben, 3PO, Yoda, and Emperor before this line ends. Hopefully our worries don't amount to anything.

Back