Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hasbro had repacked fett in wave 3 instead of han, and stormie in wave 4 instead of what they are going to do, I would not be as worried. I really want at least 2 stormies, but don't want to pay $40 off Ebay for him!

We shall see. For now, I am staying (cautiously) optimistic! We need a few 'must have' figures to get the excitement going: Vader, Chewie, Biker Scout, etc

Lurking at RS, found this:

8239_10152956690073475_500062662_n_zps0990bd21.jpg

That truly brings out the likeness in my opinion! I might give that a try one day.

Guys this was posted on The Fwoosh thread for these recently:

Quote tkjaer21 https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtop...d=d840ee5ee1bb8221569a2c30fd3c9eed&start=2250:

s this list real?
63265B6A-2048-4450-A083-511977360775-12009-00001091154711DB_zpsb006c846.jpg

70D39421-EF17-41C9-ADF6-CFE63AF8CB76-12009-000010911F8368C2_zps720559a0.jpg

7D243BB6-5CA6-429A-B7D0-4CBE33BAB2E8-12009-00001091270EAF05_zps3d9fa3a4.jpg

054D581E-BD5E-49C1-9E89-43D957814D22-12009-000010912E877FB5_zps9f3ebf71.jpg

If so, to clean it up in a more readable format:

6" Deluxe Speederbike (Hopefully with Biker Scout Trooper)
6" Deluxe Jabba the Hut
6" Chewbacca
6" Yoda
6" Jawas
6" Clone Trooper (Ep. II)
6" Darth Vader
6" C-3PO
6" TIE Pilot
6" Luke (Jedi)

That is 8 figures and 2 Deluxe sets.

Could this be waves 4 and 5?

If so, I would guess the following (maybe switching out the TIE Pilot and the Clone Trooper):

Wave 4
6" Chewbacca
6" Jawas
6" Clone Trooper (Ep. II)
6" C-3PO

Wave 5
6" Yoda
6" Darth Vader
6" TIE Pilot
6" Luke (Jedi)

/quote

Now it seems we had a rumor saying wave 4 would look differently, but not that different as two figures we already know (Obi and Anakin) and the other two are included in his guess (clone and chewie). Kinda interesting.

Later "Beast" replied: "They're more or less real... the info comes from Hasbro's customer service website."

This wasn't posted here so far to my knowledge...

That rumor was posted awhile back on Jedi Defender as well I think. It's just as valid of a rumor I guess as the one I posted. Obviously it's the one I'd prefer happening but it seems too good to be true. If this is true, my fears for this line will vanish. I would get Chewie, Vader, and C-3PO no problems. I would also like to get a Jedi Luke if I do double dip on characters. That was my favorite figure of Luke as a kid along with the X-Wing version. And a TIE Pilot and Clonetrooper would have no problem selling.

Honestly I have little teouble believing it except for the deluxe figures, those I'll have to see to believe. But from that list, I think the ani/obi/chewie/clone wave 4 could very, very well be accurate. Maybe if we're lucky obi will get left out for a new release after all. I would not at all be surprised if wave five has Vader in it either, nor stuff like the tie pilot and/or other BH's.

Tne only thing that makes me doubt this is how condensed it is in iconic main version main characters. Somehow I find it hard to blieve they'd blow through all those in about 3 waves. But yeah overall I really can't see them giving up on this line. It's created a lot of buzz, youtube has been full of people praising them. I'm not worried yet. Basically as long as Vader hasn't been made this line won't die. He's THE character to make, he'd be THE best selling char without a doubt apart from maybe armie builders.

So yeah, I don't think they underestimate the power of the fanboy side so to speak and I'd say we're safe for now because of that. I mean, the first 6" line ever and no vader? That's like the worst mistake they could make commercially. That's such a stupendous fail.

Honestly I have little teouble believing it except for the deluxe figures, those I'll have to see to believe.

Actually I have less trouble believing the deluxe figures. Hasbro had already announced the Speederbike as a future release before this list appeared a few months ago. And someone at Hasbro even alluded to a possible Jabba depending on the success of this line. So to me it looks like someone took that and ran with the idea. Also notice how many Sandtroopers are listed. How do those different product numbers fit into it all?

I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I'm not holding my breath. Like I said, if that's true, it's a solid line up. But there were OTHER rumors of a wave containing Lando, Jango, IG-88, and Chewie at one point (another solid case in my opinion) so it's hard to believe anything so early on. It's fun to speculate though.

Having either owned or seen in-hand every figure released to date (except for Bespin Luke and PT Obi) I've kept only my personal top picks from Black Series so far … I noticed R2's colour scheme is suspiciously similar to a TK's. Coincidence? I think not.

w5vf.jpg

Hoping for a great Vader.

Anyway, lucked out four times over (if you call trading Sandies and Boba Fett off 'luck') but now I get to play Hunt For Stormtroopers like everyone else. Minimum six, maximum twelve. They're a fun figure and cheaper than Marmits. :wink1:

that is pretty awful, bordering on disaster. I've held off getting a case from BBTS or even their 3 = $75, cause the only one that looks good is the stormie. And even he's not perfect (sandtrooper hole in back)

Hasbro is not doing themselves favors

Poor Stormie needs more food, his waist is too skinny.

Here is a great comparison shot by Jedi Temple and they have an extensive review where they seem to really be impressed with this Storm Trooper.
Review_SixInchTBSStormtrooper029.jpg

Nice pic Khai! :clap

You know there's something wrong though, when the 6" Hasbro Boba's helmet is closer to the correct colour & shape than the SSC one - not to mention the entire figure in general. :lol

Nice pic Khai! :clap

You know there's something wrong though, when the 6" Hasbro Boba's helmet is closer to the correct colour & shape than the SSC one - not to mention the entire figure in general. :lol

LOL. Nah, I've never been too fussed about the colour. In most lighting conditions the SSC figure still looks pretty great.

this is the lineup

June Wave 2 '14

Obi-Wan (carry-over)
Ep.III Anakin
Ep.4 Chewbacca
Clone Trooper II

JULY Wave 3 '14

Chewbacca (carry-over)
Sandtrooper- redeco
EP 6 Darth Vader
EP 6 Luke Jedi

So we may still see another 2 waves in '14

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Just got into the line. Picked up a Darth Maul at toys r us. They had about 15 of him and one pilot Luke. My local Target is loaded with slave Leiea, Greedo and R2D2. So far none of these has really made me want to take the jump fully into the line.

Back