Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lmfao Han and Greedo certainly ain't the turboman of the bunch.:lol

If this line dies before I have Vader, Chewie and Jedi Luke I'm gonna be so pissed. I can't imagine it will. You can't let a line die without cashing in on Vader collectors.

They just can't do that. They're doing so much right, just have some freakin sense of market demand.

Stores look nothing like that by me. It's hard to find any Black Series figures at Targets or B&N and whenever I do, it's usually just a lone Leia or Greedo with less than perfect paint apps. I've only seen Han Solo once and have yet to see Boba Fett.

I'm really hoping for a Vader, Lando, Old Ben, Chewie, and Threepio before this line ends. I guess if I'm lucky, a Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, and the any/all of the ESB Bounty Hunters would be great too.

Stores look nothing like that by me. It's hard to find any Black Series figures at Targets or B&N and whenever I do, it's usually just a lone Leia or Greedo with less than perfect paint apps. I've only seen Han Solo once and have yet to see Boba Fett.

I'm really hoping for a Vader, Lando, Old Ben, Chewie, and Threepio before this line ends. I guess if I'm lucky, a Jedi Luke, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, and the any/all of the ESB Bounty Hunters would be great too.

Same here. They are hard to find around here too. I have seen no more than a handful at Target, TRU or Boscovs at any given time.

And that's the problem… there's dozens of R2, Mauls, Greedos and Leias shelf-warming ToyRUs and Targets… I hope the line lasts til we get 3PO, Vader, Chewie and more troopers… :pray:

I can't fathom many stores looking like that picture above. Again, I'm not actively going down toy aisles looking for anything in particular having gotten the BBTS case shipment all the way back in October, but I do check the stock when I happen to be near the toy aisles of various stores just to satisfy my curiosity. It looks nothing like that. That said, I have no idea what their backroom looks like. Is it possible they have extra stock in the back out of sight from customers?

Mostly Leia and Greedo around here. Not many more. Just goes to show you cant judge the success of a line based on just your stores.

1609757_804814136199308_622092459_n.jpg

I think he looks great. His face looks a bit too long and his eyes still might be sad and droopy but this is a more realistic distance I'd be enjoying this figure from and I can't see a problem with the paint apps. I'm not sure I'm going to get him. I originally wanted an X-Wing Luke, Bespin Luke, and Jedi Luke (and three of each other character in iconic outfits from each film) but I'm redoing my budget while expecting our first child in the summer. Toys are at the top of my list of things to stop buying. We shall see...

EDIT - I don't understand this new SSF. Sorry for the attachment and posted image. I don't know what's going on with anything around these parts anymore.

Attachments

• 1609757_804814136199308_622092459_n.jpg
    1609757_804814136199308_622092459_n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 445
Rumor is wave 4 will include RotS Anakin (no surprise there), AotC Clonetrooper (no interest from me but it will likely sell well), Chewbacca (all right!), and wait for it.... RotS Obi-Wan. If this is true, Hasbro is even dumber than we give them credit for. Why they didn't double pack the Stormtrooper into wave 3 and then having failed to do that opted not to carry it forward into wave 4.

I don't think these decisions will tank the line immediately, but if they don't change these practices, the line might not last past next year...

Last edited:
A friend of mine who isn't on the forum wanted me to offer his sdcc black series boba for trade. He's looking for any iron man hot toys.

I still have all my black series stuff in the boxes. Don't have display space for them yet.

Boba needs a re-release.
He's the only one i'll buy on sight so far, and i've not even bought any of these yet. I'm kinda on the fence.
But if i saw a Boba, i'd buy him, no questions asked.

However, i've not seen a Boba. BUT i also know that if i DID buy a Fett-man, I'd get all the others.

A friend of mine who isn't on the forum wanted me to offer his sdcc black series boba for trade. He's looking for any iron man hot toys.

I still have all my black series stuff in the boxes. Don't have display space for them yet.

unless he's willing to put some cash with that, i don't see it happeneing.
Considering it IS the SDCC EX, there is a chance, but I REALLY doubt it.

unless he's willing to put some cash with that, i don't see it happeneing.
Considering it IS the SDCC EX, there is a chance, but I REALLY doubt it.

Well he'd probably put in some money if it's warranted, which for most $50 probably would be at minimum. The fett is just his starting point.

To utilise two actresses who both got oscar noms today for the same film:

Rumor is wave 4 will include RotS Anakin (no surprise there), AotC Clonetrooper (no interest from me but it will likely sell well), Chewbacca (all right!)

Ecx3yw6.gif

and wait for it.... RotS Obi-Wan. If this is true, Hasbro is even dumber than we give them credit for. Why they didn't double pack the Stormtrooper into wave 3 and then having failed to do that opted not to carry it forward into wave 4.

I don't think these decisions will tank the line immediately, but if they don't change these practices, the line might not last past next year...

WFYbTZR.gif

The only good thing about this is that it sounds dumb enough to be true considering it's Hasbro, meaning the rest of the rumor is probably true. But dear lord, who the hell runs distribution over at that place!?

EDIT: the only thing I can think of regarding the stormtrooper repack is that it might've gone out of production already...? But then at least include Boba Fett a second time ffs. Or retool the second obi-wa to the phantom menace version to fit with Maul... Le SIGH...

^Touché.:lol

It's kindof obnoxious though, exactly because it does seem so easy to do it right... It's not like Hasbro is new at this. It might be trivial but exactly because it's so easy to get why you'd do this differently makes it all the more annoying to me. Like people who litter on the ground while standing next to a dumpster. It's like, why!? Just why...

Back