Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually pretty accurate. The saber from ANH is a different color blue than ESB.

I only own Greedo. No interest in the human character and I passed on “Sandtrooper”. If I ever find a Boba or Stormtrooper I will make the purchase. But I will not be hunting. I think my only “desire” for this line are Cantina and Jabba patrons. I look at my Greedo and wish he was standing next to Hammerhead, Ponda etc. On the other end a little Gammorean, Tessek, Fortuna, Klatuu, Ree Yees (old school) action!! Yes I know…..all peg warmers! 8)

I hit local Targets, ShopKos, TRU and friggin Barnes and Noble on a weekly basis and still haven't found Fett. I grabbed a Bespin Luke at Target last week but haven't seen a Stormtrooper. Bespin Luke wasn't worth the $20 I paid. I'm losing enthusiasm and the cloth Vader cape may seal the deal.

That's actually pretty accurate. The saber from ANH is a different color blue than ESB.

Isn't it the reversed though, isn't ANH the lighter paler shade of blue? Not that it matters, I assume they're exactly switchable. Now Obi-wan's lightsaber, that one purely sucks.

I hit local Targets, ShopKos, TRU and friggin Barnes and Noble on a weekly basis and still haven't found Fett. I grabbed a Bespin Luke at Target last week but haven't seen a Stormtrooper. Bespin Luke wasn't worth the $20 I paid. I'm losing enthusiasm and the cloth Vader cape may seal the deal.

yeah the cloth cape wasnt too hot. years ago, when they showed pics of the Snowtrooper the cloth for the waist cape was pretty thick; they fixed it before release, but that seems to have been a different Hasbro then

This has to be a painful picture for a lot of people:
Luke-vs-Stormtroopers.jpg

Lol right now that is a very painful sight since I haven't seen any sign of this wave at retail yet. It will probably be a long time before I have 8 stormies. I think it will take more than two releases to find that many in the wild.

I went to a TRU/Babies R Us combo the other day whilst doing some baby shopping and found 5 Mauls, 5 X-Wing Lukes, 5 R2-D2s, and 1 Bespin Luke. I wasn't impressed with this figure despite wanting to like it. The sculpt is wonky, the paint apps on the eyes especially were abysmal, and what's with the nearly clear lightsaber?! I might get this on Amazon if and when it's $8, but for now, it's an easy pass. I don't even have my SWB6" figures displayed at the moment. Not sure what to do with them to be honest. At the rate the quality of this line is slipping, I might as well just bust out my 3 3/4" line and display those.

I saw an Obi Wan and re release Han yesterday at my local grocery store. Looks like I just missed the others. I have not seen a new Black series 6" figure anywhere else in a long long time.

Any time I go into a TRU all I see are Leia's and Greedo's.. :(

That's what my Target and my B&N look like. Two Leias and a Greedo and a Leia and two Greedos respectively. They've been sitting there forever. I'm not toy hunting, I just check the toy aisle of stores I am in for other reasons. Can't comment what other TRUs in the area look like. I was amazed to see so many Mauls. Up until then, I'd only seen two or three in the wild.

Next wave is up for pre-order, Anakin's face looks more accurate then the last wave which had Luke in it with his horrible likeness.

sw.jpg

Wasn't this wave suppose to have chewbacca? Either way I'm happy that we're getting a storm trooper and Boba fett. I already have both but I know some collectors weren't able to get them so there's another chance for them.

That's what my Target and my B&N look like. Two Leias and a Greedo and a Leia and two Greedos respectively. They've been sitting there forever. I'm not toy hunting, I just check the toy aisle of stores I am in for other reasons. Can't comment what other TRUs in the area look like. I was amazed to see so many Mauls. Up until then, I'd only seen two or three in the wild.

Ya I'm not hunting these too hard myself, I have the SDCC Boba with Han in carbonite, the sandtrooper and managed to find a Han and Artoo at TRU yesterday. With Wondercon tomorrow I'll keep my eye out for a Maul and Stormtrooper.

Wasn't this wave suppose to have chewbacca? Either way I'm happy that we're getting a storm trooper and Boba fett. I already have both but I know some collectors weren't able to get them so there's another chance for them.

Only difference I can see with Bobba Fett is the cloth is now attached to his waist where in the last wave the cloth was attached to his left shoulder.. As for the stormtropper looks like this new wave has a different gun plus an additional weapon attached to his waist.

Don't think Fett is different.

But yeah I will just try to score a few clones, no idea where yet though. Anakin does vaguely look better but still don't feel like buying him. That skirt of his can't seriously have that colour in the actual release right?

Back