Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I know, right? At this point, I'm not even excited about this line anymore. The absurd prices made me lose interest. I placed an order for 1 piece earlier and I don't really care if it gets fulfilled or not. I already found the one piece of stormy I need at Toys R Us over the weekend but one corner of the box was dented. If my Amazon order comes through, the non-mint stormy is going back.

I can't wait for the time when this stormy and Boba Fett can be found on clearance in the toy aisles. And those scalpers and hoarders can all have their $40 figs to themselves.

It'll happen. Despide branding, and marketing. these things are (slightly overpriced) mass-marketed toys for kids, not Collectables. They should be readily avalible for kids to get, or the line is gonna fail.

Since it's been talked about, just wanted to give fans the heads up that it's confirmed that Episode 7-9 will NOT be based on existing EU. No Trawn, no nuttin'.

EDIT: https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...lude-elements-from-expanded-universe-20140421

"In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe."

So I just placed my first order for the upcoming re-release of Boba Fett.

Is he basically just the same as the previous version? I was going to pick that one up but he is still super crazy expensive and the upcoming one although still a tad high was way lower than the one that is currently out.

So is the entire EU stuff just an alternate universe thing or a whole what if tar wars universe?

It's basically simply as non-canon as any fan fiction. The films are canon, everything else is irrelevant to canon.

That said they say the writers are open to use elements from existing EU, but it's essentially nothing more than fiction's fiction now.

I think it's the only thing they could've done. You can't release such a tentpole film and have the story be out there already, just doesn't work that way concerning a franchise as big as this and the involved secrecy around these franchises. It's a weird collision of storytelling and marketing, where new stories simply have more pros over known ones.

Also heard Lucasarts is in a struggle with Disney because Disney wants a solo Boba Fett film but Lucas is demanding the character remain mysterious and menacing, regardless of Disney wanting Fett as the "hero" of the film.

..."Im gonna **** you up, haha!" *breathes fire*

It's basically simply as non-canon as any fan fiction. The films are canon, everything else is irrelevant to canon.

That said they say the writers are open to use elements from existing EU, but it's essentially nothing more than fiction's fiction now.

I think it's the only thing they could've done. You can't release such a tentpole film and have the story be out there already, just doesn't work that way concerning a franchise as big as this and the involved secrecy around these franchises. It's a weird collision of storytelling and marketing, where new stories simply have more pros over known ones.

Also heard Lucasarts is in a struggle with Disney because Disney wants a solo Boba Fett film but Lucas is demanding the character remain mysterious and menacing, regardless of Disney wanting Fett as the "hero" of the film.

Does Lucas even have any input on anything Star Wars anymore? I'm pretty sure the 4 billion allows Disney to do pretty much whatever they want with the Star Wars Universe.

It'll happen. Despide branding, and marketing. these things are (slightly overpriced) mass-marketed toys for kids, not Collectables. They should be readily avalible for kids to get, or the line is gonna fail.

If I was buying these for my kid he would get the 3" ones, no way I'd be spending $24+ a figure so he can lose them or tie a fire cracker to them like I did when I was a kid with the original Star Wars Action figures :)

They do Dan, because if word gets out that Disney is outright giving LucasArts the finger, I'm pretty sure it'll become a big PR problem for the new film. Star Wars fans are quite loyal to the material, ultimately Disney's 4 bilion means **** if they don't make their money back in box office. And to do that, they need good solid hype for the film. I'm pretty sure they'll listen to some degree to what LucasArts is saying. Hell complain about Lucas all you want, but it looks like his former company is at least trying to keep some integrity alive when it comes to these characters. I was glad to hear about the it.

The Kid Boba thing is BS, same like Hayden can't ruin the original Darth Vader. It doesn't matter who people were in their past if you like them in their future.

But now, Boba's future is at stake, apparently. Cause I don't see this being set before his appearance in the films, probably after it.

They do Dan, because if word gets out that Disney is outright giving LucasArts the finger, I'm pretty sure it'll become a big PR problem for the new film. Star Wars fans are quite loyal to the material, ultimately Disney's 4 bilion means **** if they don't make their money back in box office. And to do that, they need good solid hype for the film. I'm pretty sure they'll listen to some degree to what LucasArts is saying. Hell complain about Lucas all you want, but it looks like his former company is at least trying to keep some integrity alive when it comes to these characters. I was glad to hear about the it.

The Kid Boba thing is BS, same like Hayden can't ruin the original Darth Vader. It doesn't matter who people were in their past if you like them in their future.

But now, Boba's future is at stake, apparently. Cause I don't see this being set before his appearance in the films, probably after it.

I disagree, Lucas lost a ton of creditability with the prequel films, If Disney puts out a killer story for Star Wars VII then the fans could careless what Lucas thinks... All people care about is a good movie. I think one of the reasons Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise was because the fans did turn on him with the prequel films.... Whatever magic Lucas had when he was younger is long gone proven by the prequels and then the horrible Indiana Jones 4 movie... IMO he's lost his mojo...

Hell, Lucas could be standing out front of the theater with a picket sign protesting Star Wars VII and fans would still go see it....

Yeah well that's your opinion, but the fact still remains, apparently, that LucasArts (whoever that factually is) care more about the integrity of the character in question than Disney does. Which comes to no surprise to me.

A lot of fans might not care about Lucas, but if you think Disney is above ruining star wars way more than anything Lucas did, I can't share in that naiveté.

They will milk the **** out of Boba Fett if left to their own devices. It can become a LOT worse than a few scenes with a kid who barely had any line in one film.

Does Lucas even have any input on anything Star Wars anymore? I'm pretty sure the 4 billion allows Disney to do pretty much whatever they want with the Star Wars Universe.

From what I heard on a podcast this morning Lucas is nothing more than a consultant... I'm pretty sure Disney is now in complete and total control of its future. Doesnt bother me since they've done an outstanding job with Marvel.

Yeah well that's your opinion, but the fact still remains, apparently, that LucasArts (whoever that factually is) care more about the integrity of the character in question than Disney does. Which comes to no surprise to me.

A lot of fans might not care about Lucas, but if you think Disney is above ruining star wars way more than anything Lucas did, I can't share in that naiveté.

They will milk the **** out of Boba Fett if left to their own devices. It can become a LOT worse than a few scenes with a kid who barely had any line in one film.

It's all speculation until we actually see what Disney comes up with. As others have said, Disney has done a pretty good job with Marvel so far so until they do botch something up I'm not sure why people are so quick to claim Disney as a failure with the Star Wars franchise when they haven't released anything yet.

I wonder how many of these ""upset fans"" will skip seeing Star Wars VII out of protest :)

Since it's been talked about, just wanted to give fans the heads up that it's confirmed that Episode 7-9 will NOT be based on existing EU. No Trawn, no nuttin'.

EDIT: https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...lude-elements-from-expanded-universe-20140421

"In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe."

So I just placed my first order for the upcoming re-release of Boba Fett.

Is he basically just the same as the previous version? I was going to pick that one up but he is still super crazy expensive and the upcoming one although still a tad high was way lower than the one that is currently out.

I've been mulling over that all weekend. And I've noticed something. They point out that while the events never happened, the new stories ( and yes, that includes comics, books and games, all of which going forward will now be JUST AS OFFICAL as the films,) are free to use anything from the old
Old EU in the new stories. So while NONE of the events have occured in the " new film " universe, any and all of the characters can and untill they say otherwise, DO exist.
Or don't yet, but still can?
It's a little confusing, but still very exciting.

He's basicly just a consultant, and they don't have to listen to him.

If I was buying these for my kid he would get the 3" ones, no way I'd be spending $24+ a figure so he can lose them or tie a fire cracker to them like I did when I was a kid with the original Star Wars Action figures :)

So far, my 1 and a half year old has Han, Leia, Greedo, and A Sand trooper, and loves them to death. He's also got most of my old transformers. as for blowing them up, I never did that, and I'm raising him to respect his belongings. with kids, they learn what you show them. And being so small, the larger figures are better for him. Alot of fun to watch him play with "Cap Soo" and " Sketor" as he calls them.

It's all speculation until we actually see what Disney comes up with. As others have said, Disney has done a pretty good job with Marvel so far so until they do botch something up I'm not sure why people are so quick to claim Disney as a failure with the Star Wars franchise when they haven't released anything yet.

I wonder how many of these ""upset fans"" will skip seeing Star Wars VII out of protest :)

Fun fact. Disny has very little direct involvement with marvel. they essentialy provide a budget and assignments. And Marvel delivers. Disney does marketing for it, and collects a paycheck. There is NO reason to think they will be doing ANYTHING different with Lucasfilm than with disney, especialy as they ( lucasfilm) have already made public the assignments that Disney gave them.

The bigger question is, Will the new universe and stories/films/othermedia be any good?

Back