Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those tired of waiting to see these at retail Hasbro Toy Shop has this promo going:

Rebelscum forum member jedi_guardian has written in to let us know that HasbroToyShop.com is currently running a promotion between now and 04/07/14, offering 20% off as well as free shipping with no minimum on most orders when you use the discount code FRIENDS14. Thanks to jedi_guardian for the heads-up!

While not great I did pick up Bespin Luke for 17 bucks shipped. :dunno

Just ordered Waves 2 and 3 online. I got Wave 1 months ago, but I've been in the fence about continuing. I dunno what pushed me to do so now! I'm hoping ROTJ Palpatine shows up soon, he's the one I want most!

I almost get the feeling that Hasbro has become complacent with this line already.

FLOSI, you couldn't be more right. I said this months ago after seeing the huge drop in quality from Luke to Han. Hasbro has LITERALLY started using the same paint as their 3.75 inch figures starting with Wave 2. Compare the 6 inch Han with the Han in the new 3.75 inch Mission Series and see for yourself. I've waited a lifetime for 6 inch Star Wars figures and every figure after Wave 1 (except for Greedo and Fett) has been a huge let down. The reason for this rant is simple: I saw Luke Bespin and Obi Wan today at TRU. There was a Luke Xwing there also, so obviously I compared the 2 Luke heads side by side. X wing and Bespin looked like they were made by 2 completely different companies. Such a huge let down. Until Hasbro reverts back to the sculpting and paint from Wave 1, I am done with this line after I finally get my hands on a Fett.

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the latest wave, especially if you compare them to 6" action figures like DC's which actually look like the characters, but Hasbro's human figures (Luke and Han in particular) look nothing like their characters, their face sculpts are horrible.

Yeah, I really have to question my desire to collect this line going forward. Just look at how sloppy the paint is on the yellow strip going down the sides of Greedo's outfit. Mine looks as if it was globbed on. For 19.99 a pop I would really like to see cleaner paint apps.... I'm not saying I want Hot Toys paint apps, just better than that of the 3 3/4" releases.

I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in the latest wave, especially if you compare them to 6" action figures like DC's which actually look like the characters, but Hasbro's human figures (Luke and Han in particular) look nothing like their characters, their face sculpts are horrible.

I see the likeness, it's not super strong but it's decent. When I put my thumb over the chin of Bespin Luke I really see the likeness, for example.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I got Bespin Luke and definitely between Pilot Luke and this one it's like night and day... Bummer... I'll get Vader, Chewie, 3po and if possible Fett and Stormie and I'm out... Not worth the hassle nor the price tag anymore...

I kind of feel like Hasbro went all out on the first wave to get people excited and hyped, then did the old switch-a-roo and are using cheaper factories and sculptors for waves 2 and 3. I think I'm out... I rather put the money towards Koto's 1:10 scale Star Wars statues... At least their likeness is spot on..

^ Same here, though different list. Chewie, Vader, Jedi Luke, Emperor and hopefully C-3PO are musts for me + armoured characters are in consideration (as well as EU characters, but I don't expect those ever). That's basically it for me. They really have to step it up if they want me to spend more on this.

Fett, ROTJ - Luke, Vader and The Emperor and the Biker Scout and bike will be definite buys for me and maybe one or two others like Han and Chewie.

I got Bespin Luke and definitely between Pilot Luke and this one it's like night and day... Bummer... I'll get Vader, Chewie, 3po and if possible Fett and Stormie and I'm out... Not worth the hassle nor the price tag anymore...

Yeah, I feel the same.... I would rather they charge another 5 bucks and give us swap out hands and better paints apps... How are the shoulder joints on your Bespin Luke, Jose? The left shoulder on mine doesn't sit deeply enough into the body. Kinda buggin.

Yeah, I feel the same.... I would rather they charge another 5 bucks and give us swap out hands and better paints apps... How are the shoulder joints on your Bespin Luke, Jose? The left shoulder on mine doesn't sit deeply enough into the body. Kinda buggin.

A little too tight, the left one is definitely a bit off compared to the right one…
This line is making me seriously appreciate other lines where you get more band for your buck.
I also hated that the lightsaber on Bespin Luke is a very light blue compared to Pilot Luke… :dunno

A little too tight, the left one is definitely a bit off compared to the right one…
This line is making me seriously appreciate other lines where you get more band for your buck.
I also hated that the lightsaber on Bespin Luke is a very light blue compared to Pilot Luke… :dunno

Yeah, my brother pointed that out the moment he saw the figure. I'm not displaying my X-Wing Luke with the saber ignited anyway, so not a huge deal.

Back