Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took my first plunge into this line. After spending my whole childhood collecting Star Wars figures I gave it up for a while because it was neverending. I became very picky in what I purchased. When the Clone Wars came out, I liked the animated style and faces of the figures so I began collecting many of the clones and pretty much just stuck to them (with some exceptions--Savage Opress, Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Embo) and now that the line is dying out I usually take a look at TRU and just see what may be left that I wouldn't mind adding to the collection.

But I walked in last night actually to get my grandmother a Joe Namath sportspick (weird as hell I know lol) and I walked by the Star Wars section and they had the 6inch Darth Maul there and I had to have him. Now, I seen pictures of him online but seeing him in person is a whole other thing. My issue with the 3/4 Maul figs have been that because of the small face the tattoos and colors have never looked clean to me or the eyes menacing enough to make him look as intimidating as he should. But when I saw the 6 incher in the store I had to get it. It's right up my alley. It's nicely detailed, looks menacing and not super expensive like the SS stuff is. Also, you can choose from mysterious "phantom" Maul with the hood up or horns-out attack Maul.

Right now I still have him in the box because he's packaged exactly how I'd pose him--looking like my favorite part of the movie (and his legacy) when those hangar doors open, the music drops, and he just looks up so arrogantly and evil looking at the two jedi that would strike terror in any other villain in the galaxy.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Thats what I did to find out..... Greedo must go the manager said. A real ****.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Ah, i've encountered that before. the proper response is to ask for his distric managers contanct info. and when he asks why, you tell him " to inform him you're refusing a sale to a customer" they'll buckle pretty damn fast. And if they refuse, go to the front of the store, and get the store number, and leave feedback on the website.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Ah, i've encountered that before. the proper response is to ask for his distric managers contanct info. and when he asks why, you tell him " to inform him you're refusing a sale to a customer" they'll buckle pretty damn fast. And if they refuse, go to the front of the store, and get the store number, and leave feedback on the website.

Don't even ask a manger, the regular joe can do it too. Usually they don't give a rip.

Thanks for the tips. The Strormtrooper should be mine soon then !

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Ive got 2 stormies so far... Personally their alright but nothing to go out of your way for. I can easily wait till series 6 for more

I'm debating right now if I should keep my Black Series SDCC 2013 Boba Fett with Han Solo in Carbonite boxed up or release him and put him on display. Just cant decide! :eek:

And you havent opened it up yet? you might be boxed collector :lol

For some reason I'm having a hell of a time taking him out haha, I had the top popped off and him displayed still somewhat packaged but I'm thinking its time for him to finally get the full set up. The weird thing is I open practically everything, except for my NECA Firday the 13th figure I got at SDCC, thats the only item thats still managed to stay packaged together.

For some reason I'm having a hell of a time taking him out haha, I had the top popped off and him displayed still somewhat packaged but I'm thinking its time for him to finally get the full set up. The weird thing is I open practically everything, except for my NECA Firday the 13th figure I got at SDCC, thats the only item thats still managed to stay packaged together.

I'm the complete opposite, I have all my Black Series boxed and sealed... I'm just glad the boxes are cool looking and are able to see inside them. This way you can display them without breaking the seals...

I'm the complete opposite, I have all my Black Series boxed and sealed... I'm just glad the boxes are cool looking and are able to see inside them. This way you can display them without breaking the seals...

I love the way the Black Series figures look in their boxes, one of the few times I think something actually might look better on display inside its box. Hasbro did a good job with these.

I just don't get boxed collectors man. Can't help it, I just don't get it. I can get hybrid, meaning have both boxed and loose, or keep a couple special ones like exclusives boxed. But solely MIB? Just rows of boxes!? I just don't get what the appeal is. I'd much rather buy statues if I didn't have any desire to pose them in a specific way.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the link for searching to see if a particular store has the black series (wave 3) in stock? I remember back when wave 1 came out, someone posted a link that would tell you in stock or not but I can't find it now.

I tried searching on their site but it's not the same link I remember. I'm having a tough time finding a stormtrooper so I figure this link might help.

Thanks.

Back