Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the link for searching to see if a particular store has the black series (wave 3) in stock? I remember back when wave 1 came out, someone posted a link that would tell you in stock or not but I can't find it now.

I tried searching on their site but it's not the same link I remember. I'm having a tough time finding a stormtrooper so I figure this link might help.

Thanks.

I bought mine here: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS23409&mode=retail

I just don't get boxed collectors man. Can't help it, I just don't get it. I can get hybrid, meaning have both boxed and loose, or keep a couple special ones like exclusives boxed. But solely MIB? Just rows of boxes!? I just don't get what the appeal is. I'd much rather buy statues if I didn't have any desire to pose them in a specific way.

I buy statues also. I think the black series boxes look cool on my shelves, I know when my nephews are over they always spend a lot of time checking them out. If I had them on display out of their boxes my nephews would be to tempted to play with them then I would end up with action figures with loose limbs :)

I have the same issue with Bishoujo statues, I have over 30+ of them and their all still sealed in their boxes. Whenever a box is done that your able to see inside It's hard for me to break the seals, I know it's a sickness :)

Last edited:
I just don't get boxed collectors man. Can't help it, I just don't get it. I can get hybrid, meaning have both boxed and loose, or keep a couple special ones like exclusives boxed. But solely MIB? Just rows of boxes!? I just don't get what the appeal is. I'd much rather buy statues if I didn't have any desire to pose them in a specific way.

I like to keep small figures MOC, and get some loose too. However, for 1/6 figures and Statues, I couldn't keep them in the box. Not unless I knew I was going to be able to keep it.

If I had them on display out of their boxes my nephews would be to tempted to play with them then I would end up with action figures with loose limbs :)

I keep a lofty sledgehammer around for situations like that.:lol

Seriously though, I do agree they look good in packaging (except Chewie, wow, fail), but if I loved them in packaging that much I'd buy everything double. Within a package I can't actually perceive the material aspect of having the figure, which is exactly what I buy it for. I barely move mine around and use them to flourish up empty wall space or bookshelves etc. I have always absolutely loved action figures as a kid, it had a magical thing to me to hold in my hand what I could see on tv. Add to that the fact that I can pose 'm in the way most iconic to me (which gives a personal aspect to my display) and there's just no appeal for a row of boxes anymore. Although I do keep all boxes in good shape and kinda stash them like books.

I keep a lofty sledgehammer around for situations like that.:lol

Seriously though, I do agree they look good in packaging (except Chewie, wow, fail), but if I loved them in packaging that much I'd buy everything double. Within a package I can't actually perceive the material aspect of having the figure, which is exactly what I buy it for. I barely move mine around and use them to flourish up empty wall space or bookshelves etc. I have always absolutely loved action figures as a kid, it had a magical thing to me to hold in my hand what I could see on tv. Add to that the fact that I can pose 'm in the way most iconic to me (which gives a personal aspect to my display) and there's just no appeal for a row of boxes anymore. Although I do keep all boxes in good shape and kinda stash them like books.

Ya all the stuff I have opened I make sure I keep the boxes in decent shape. Just makes it easier to store them when moving, only boxes I dont ever keep really are the NECA ones.

Yeah exactly for storing or moving keeping the boxes is quite convenient! I keep all boxes that can be stacked neatly next to each other and don't have to be destroyed to get the content out. Even if just that it resells eassier if need be.

Question:
Does anybody know a seller that sells 6" lightsabers separately? Or anyone here who would sell theirs separately (mostly concerns the actual saber not the hilt). For custom purposes I need a blue blade. I know it's probably a far cry from happening but I thought I'd ask any way.

Else I guess I'll try to score any of the Luke's or Obi-wan as cheap as possible.

I may be able to give up a blade from one of my Luke's.
Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM Sent. Cheers for considering.

It has to in some way be attachable to Maul's hilt though. But somehow that should be doable.

Also I'm interested in more than one and still interested in complete lightsabers including hilts, so if others do have interest in selling them PM me.

Loose buyer here. Despite the pricetag, and the labeling, these figures ARE NOT Collector figures. They're children's toys.

First thing i do with these Black series figures When I get them? Same thing i do with all my children's toys when i get them.

Rip it out of the package, likely destroying it in the process, Right in front of my 1.5 year old son.

and then i hand the figure ove to him, and he just lights up. Grinning, giggling and running all over. I've got ninja turtles and greedo hanging out in Castle greyskull. I frequently find them all over.

Yes, they're neet, but they're for kids first and formemost. joints get floppy? time for some future shine :D

1504057_770440159649903_1960645828_n.jpg

They're neet toys, but in the end, that's all they are. that little guy gets to play with the coolest stuff :D
I get a real kick out of watching him drive my masterpiece transformers around his city road rug.

Last edited:
That's cool, thanks for sharing! I am excited to display my Potf2 figures for a while but know eventually I'll take them out from behind the glass and give them to the kids. Other toys? Ummm, not likely to happen. I'll get them other toys they want. If they really really really want the toys I display that can't be found in stores, I'd get duplicates off eBay before parting with what I consider a permanent fixture in my home theater room.. They're all virtually worthless as far as money is concerned so I wouldn't mind springing for duplicates if they're into the things I collect.

Haha, that sounds great Lerath! I love parents like that (I'm just gonna assume you were telling the truth). I hope to god action figures are still around if I ever have kids. I see them less and less in stores here and more kids are just sitting behind monitor screens, something just doesn't sit right with me on that. Nothing's tactile anymore. Not every kid is the same obviously, but I'll never forget the magic of playing with other kids and combining our figure collections etc. No multiplayer coop game can compete with that in my opinion.

I actually collected ML quite vehemently for a short while and then I eventually sold almost all of them because once I started collecting more genuine collector stuff, with that quality, I suddenly just saw toys in the MLs.

For the same reason I nearly didn't get into this line, but this Black series does tend to look a lot better though, especially the armoured stuff looks very good. So I did get a bit into these, to flourish up my DVD shelves with the stuff best looking and most iconic to me and as an homage to my childhood. I guess that's why I can't stand MIB collections, the kid in me just sees a wall of unatainable joy, the 8year old in me's private circle of hell.:lol
tumblr_n2y9m9KiAg1s4ie08o1_1280.jpg

(No, I have not gotten around to buying blu-ray versions much yet. And sorry the pictures not sharp, just hastily snapped one.)

LOL. why would I Lie? I'll take some pictures of him playing with them later :) Hell, he has a MOTUC Skeletor figures he takes into his crib with him allong with a Nick Turtles Raph. that boy loves his plastic Crack, just like me.

This is about the best I've ever managed to make Marvel Legends look (it was a fantasy x-men team line up) and still mostly just looks like toys. And everything in this picture is gone except magneto and phoenix (which actually aren't Legends, and the Phoenix has become an ambient lamp).
tumblr_mtqxmsNo8Y1s4ie08o1_500.jpg

(Many internet dwellers love elaborate sarcasm Lerath, I'm sure you know.:lol)

I think thats the Marvel Select Magneto, I really wanted one but I could never find him. That's the unmasked variant.

It is indeed the unmasked variant marvel select magneto. He comes with an awesome crushed X-gate base too.
The main gripe with was that the normal helmet version's face isn't that good. But I love unmasked Magneto, smehow I view that as his good-side form. Maybe because the 90s TAS ended with him taking over from charls and he often had his helmet off in that serious when he was working together with them.

Still waiting for marvel select to make Mystique god damnit.:lol

Back