Has anyone used homeboytoys.com in the uk ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what's what here...

But this thread title reeks of a Saturday Night Live skit where a guy is selling Hot Toys out of the back of a truck on the street :lol

Well, on the plus side the address search pulled up a townhouse and not a van down by the river. Granted, that's the only thing on the plus side so far. :lol

I surely didn't do it just because he created an account here ;)

I took a good look at his eBay and social media activities and decided to try it with PayPal buyer protection.

I have 180 days to monitor his sales activities. The loss in worst case would be the deposit 30 EUR.

Yeah I know you warned me :)

Well, regardless of what happens...I commend you sir for being our guinea pig! :clap

Well, on the plus side the address search pulled up a townhouse and not a van down by the river. Granted, that's the only thing on the plus side so far. :lol

"Bonet de ****** my son, Bonet de ******" :wink1:
del.jpg

homeboytoys.com

SDCC 18th - 21st July
buy 1 item get 1 (less expensive) 1/2 price!
Plus!
code wqbsmd - 22% off all items till 22 September!

Applies to 1st item in SDCC offer if you want it to!

If someone gets a figure from this website, let me know. This looks really promising for EU buyers. I also agree with Steve, action speaks louder than words, but he could be a dead honest man helping people out with these prices. Only time will tell!

And maybe delete the picture of someone's freaking house...

It’s no big deal really, I have my address listed on the site so anyone can look it up anyway.

Coupon code wqbsmd = 40% off all orders over £400 till 12th August at homeboytoys.com

I pre-ordered my Darth Maul there using the former 20% code and paid the deposite 30? via Paypal invoice.
I think the Paypal buyer protection helped me with this desicion.
Now wait and see.
Maybe a friendly UK freak can take a look at their store? They posted their address too.

Any news on Maul making it to you?

Absolutely no news or updates and not answering my email.
Goodbye 30€ :lol

If it looks like a duck...and it quacks like a duck...

People it's been quite evident from the get-go that the website and their too-good-to-believe prices were a scam. But hey, thanks for sacrificing/donating your 30€ to confirm something we all already knew! :clap

My first pre-order from him, which I even paid completely, was refunded two weeks after my cancellation without any problems.
I don't think it was that obvious. And I am also not the only one here who tried that seller ;)

My first pre-order from him, which I even paid completely, was refunded two weeks after my cancellation without any problems.
I don't think it was that obvious. And I am also not the only one here who tried that seller ;)

Well, at least you got your money back. You still think they're legit though?

Well, at least you got your money back. You still think they're legit though?

Yeah tbh I was quite relieved to get at least that money back.
Legit? I don't think so.
For the sake of my deposit for my second pre-order, I still hope.
But for everybody else, I would strongly recommand not ordering from him until I get any positive updates (if any).

Well..this guy seems to have disappeared with a lot of peoples money . Court proceedings will be next step.
His twitter, fb and shop page are now gone. His email is : [email protected] if people would like to email him or even better pay him a visit at his home ( if still there).
Please contact me with any other info you may have.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frankly I'm shocked that people are being ripped off by a business entity named Homeboytoys...
593f7d0d0d5c9c1da6faedad6ce4ea9e.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Frankly I'm shocked that people are being ripped off by a business entity named Homeboytoys...
593f7d0d0d5c9c1da6faedad6ce4ea9e.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
The guy had over 800 positive feedbacks on his Ebay account so stupidly trusted him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back