Has anyone used homeboytoys.com in the uk ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a store. It's a $150K townhouse. Not an authorized sideshow reseller and no way they can offer those prices buying from another retailer. All items they offer are pre-order only (even ones that have been out on the market for a while).

View attachment 459773

Nice photo of my house, I’m in the upper right quarter with the black door. You might just be able to see the curtains handmade by my wife in the bay window

@Mark which figures are you going to ship soon? What about Infinity War Captain America or Doctor Strange? These have been released for some time now.

@Mark which figures are you going to ship soon? What about Infinity War Captain America or Doctor Strange? These have been released for some time now.

I’m relying upon my suppliers , the next quarter from now till September will see the releases of a number of figures as well as other items. Tbh i intervened in this thread because someone let me know my site was the subject of discussion but it isn’t really what I spend my time and energy on when I can spend hem actually doing business. If anyone else has any questions about specific items on the site you can contact me on the web form there or privately on here as well. I really hope to be doing this for some time as so far it’s been a moderate success, but it is the first time I’ve done anything like this so accept I’m on a learning curve and would also appreciate suggestions if anyone has any. Good luck to all of you.

If someone gets a figure from this website, let me know. This looks really promising for EU buyers. I also agree with Steve, action speaks louder than words, but he could be a dead honest man helping people out with these prices. Only time will tell!

And maybe delete the picture of someone's freaking house...

What difference does the picture make? His address is posted on his website along with a map. The picture provides no revealing details or address. it was only posted to show there was no store front based on a question from another poster.

If this turns out to be legit, I'm definitely in for the $980 Juggernaut Maquette with free international shipping (that's around how much it should have cost to begin with instead of Sideshow's ridiculous price). That's pretty much wholesale price from sideshow.

If someone gets a figure from this website, let me know. This looks really promising for EU buyers. I also agree with Steve, action speaks louder than words, but he could be a dead honest man helping people out with these prices. Only time will tell!

And maybe delete the picture of someone's freaking house...

As soon as I receive my figure from him, I will post here.

giphy.gif

Sorry bro, but a random stranger creating a fresh account to address glaring issues regarding their business's legitimacy does not show "credibility" in the slightest.

If Markfger is indeed the owner of homeboytoys.com, instead of a bored troll, then perhaps he should take the time to address all the grievances that have been stated in this thread ranging from the shoddy/incomplete website to the business address of a random residential neighborhood. Or perhaps provide proof that you are indeed the owner of the site instead of just saying you are.

Actions speak louder than words.

Because if that's the case, I want everyone to know that I'm Steve Jobs...you know, the former CEO of Apple...anyways I'm very much alive and well...just take my word for it! It's the internet after all...therefore everything I say must be true! :rotfl

Please excuse me if I come across as rude...but I'm just highly skeptical is all...

No problem. I am being skeptical about it myself.

But I'm that kind of person who believes in the good in people, that he somehow managed to get good conditions from some asian wholesaler. And that he is just starting a new business, still unexperienced and making mistakes.

Guess only time will tell now. So far I paid 30,00 € deposite for my Maul. I hope by the time I must balance, he also has shipped other items...

So, a Big Chief Studios 1/6 Flash Gordon for £124.95 - 22% discount until 22nd September = £97.46 including worldwide delivery.

Big Chief Studios' price is £229.99.

Something here doesn't add up. :confused:

So, a Big Chief Studios 1/6 Flash Gordon for £124.95 - 22% discount until 22nd September = £97.46 including worldwide delivery.

Big Chief Studios' price is £229.99.

Something here doesn't add up. :confused:

:exactly:

If somethings too good to be true, it usually is.

With so many UK retailers shutting up shop over the past few years, its something that it sorely needed however.

:exactly:

If somethings too good to be true, it usually is.

With so many UK retailers shutting up shop over the past few years, its something that it sorely needed however.

And at the moment there doesn't seem to be deposit option, so it's the full amount up front.

I'm always sceptical when something looks too good to be true. I'd rather pay more and have peace of mind that my money's safer, and that I'll get what I ordered before they're all sold out and the price has gone up anywhere you can still find it.

Someone should send that Big Chief Flash Gordon link to the guys themselves and see what they think.

Definitely 100% too good to be true and it WILL tempt people into parting with their money (and losing it).

And at the moment there doesn't seem to be deposit option, so it's the full amount up front.

I'm always sceptical when something looks too good to be true. I'd rather pay more and have peace of mind that my money's safer, and that I'll get what I ordered before they're all sold out and the price has gone up anywhere you can still find it.

Not defending him. Just informative: there was never a deposit option. I contacted him via email and received a Paypal invoice for the whole amount of the figure, but "only" 30,00 € is immediately due.
So, no, I didn't even use the shop system. You can't register in the shop, and there are no records about this transaction in the shop. Only this Paypal invoice. :dunno

I know how this sounds...

But like I said, I'm willing to be the guinea pig, and I'll let you know how things turn out.

After Mother's Basement there's only few UK sellers I'd buy from, this would not be one of them. Why tempt fate? Just because the owner has posted on here that would in no way facilitate any desire in me to purchase from the site with ease.

The owners of Mother's Basement were quite active with customers and for a long while were knowingly taking more orders on when they knew they couldn't be fulfilled. No one has ever bought from them, no figure is apparently in stock and on top of that dirt cheap prices?

May as well buy those Gucci and Luis Vuitton bags that Derek swears are 100 percent real down in Felixstowe markets that he gets hooked up at a great rate with his supplier - just can't say how he does it because he doesn't need to divulge business practices. Also you can get a loctite superglue for a fiver in case the strap definitely maybe comes undone, but with his 198% 'IMAMUG' off voucher he now pays you to have it with the bags.

After Mother's Basement there's only few UK sellers I'd buy from, this would not be one of them. Why tempt fate? Just because the owner has posted on here that would in no way facilitate any desire in me to purchase from the site with ease.

The owners of Mother's Basement were quite active with customers and for a long while were knowingly taking more orders on when they knew they couldn't be fulfilled. No one has ever bought from them, no figure is apparently in stock and on top of that dirt cheap prices?

May as well buy those Gucci and Luis Vuitton bags that Derek swears are 100 percent real down in Felixstowe markets that he gets hooked up at a great rate with his supplier - just can't say how he does it because he doesn't need to divulge business practices. Also you can get a loctite superglue for a fiver in case the strap definitely maybe comes undone, but with his 198% 'IMAMUG' off voucher he now pays you to have it with the bags.

:goodpost:

Also reminded me of the Mother's Basement 'incident'.

It's a real shame that the UK doesnt have its own Sideshow/Popcultcha sized distributor.

I have no idea what's what here...

But this thread title reeks of a Saturday Night Live skit where a guy is selling Hot Toys out of the back of a truck on the street :lol

All I can say is, if you do get ripped off, and you tell people...Well, I bought it from a place called HOMEBOYTOYS...
dont get upset if people cant stop laughing at you.

I think you mean IF you receive your figure from him.

Bro, you're putting too much faith in a sketchy stranger on the internet...all because he created an account and said he was legit. :slap

You seem like a good dude, but if you do end up getting ripped off, I can't say I'll feel bad for you. :lecture

I think you mean IF you receive your figure from him.

Bro, you're putting too much faith in a sketchy stranger on the internet...all because he created an account and said he was legit. :slap

You seem like a good dude, but if you do end up getting ripped off, I can't say I'll feel bad for you. :lecture

I surely didn't do it just because he created an account here ;)

I took a good look at his eBay and social media activities and decided to try it with PayPal buyer protection.

I have 180 days to monitor his sales activities. The loss in worst case would be the deposit 30 EUR.

Yeah I know you warned me :)

Back