Has anyone use the slotted commercial wall systems for a display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xonnia

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So i've been searching and searching for display options besides the normal Ikea systems to use, and had a i brain storm idea while putting in closet systems in my house via rubber maid's home free series; it hit me what if you took that idea and turned a wall or two into a display itself. Via google i found several single slot (and some double slot) options similar to the link below: Thought would be to mount one down each stud and maybe one in-between with dry wall anchors. Then get some glass shelves and brackets. Issue is can't find any hints at what weight it would support. I would think holding most SS statues would be easily done though, and you could have a fully adjustable wall.

Second part would be going the extra mile to develop / build an acrylic/glass sides and front, perhaps with sliding doors? So am i just crazy with this idea or could it have potential?

Pros:
totally custom look
adjustable shelves heights and widths
appears to be decently affordable from research (most vertical rails are around 10.00 each).

Cons
can't be moved if you move
lots of creative work needed to enclose it.

link (just a sample i have a book mark on another PC to chrome systems that look better)

https://www.discountshelving.com/St...e&SubCatID=Heavy Duty Standards 8888 Hardware

Back