Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Spoiler Spoiler:

BTW, should we just move this over to a different spoiler laden thread... using these tags is getting to be a bit much :lol

I agree that sometimes death isn't something glorious and exciting, etc. But in a work of fiction--particularly a sprawling, epic saga like this--the author can take a little dramatic license when it comes to noteworthy main character deaths. I guess you have to walk that line between dramatic/significant and realistic/matter-of-fact, but when you sit through nine hours of The Godfather, it's a bit of a letdown to see Michael Corleone simply fall out of his chair.

Tom. Change my thread title to reflect that spoiler discussions are occuring so we can stop using these blasted tags. :lol

Continuing on Snape...
Spoiler Spoiler:

But Dumbledore's portrait was asleep. I think they take time to wake up after they are put up.

But Dumbledore's portrait was asleep. I think they take time to wake up after they are put up.

I think they all just pretend to be asleep until either something important happens that they want to be awake for or someone actually refers to them.

Continuing on with Snape, when Harry sees his flashbacks, what really got me was Snape doing something very brave (forgot what it was) and Dumbledore saying "Sometimes, I think we sort too soon"...acknowledging that Snape could belong in Gryffindor because of his bravery. Even though it was only one line, it was very powerful and I hope it's in the last film.

I added a spoiler tag to the thread title.

However, some of our comments relate to events in book seven, so we might still want to keep some things under spoiler tags if they refer to things beyond book/film six.

:duff

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree, it adds a level of realism.

Who is the he we are referring to since we've been bouncing around the last two books as well as the movie? :lol

I disagree. Realistically, someone would naturally fight back. He didn't.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Who is the he we are referring to since we've been bouncing around the last two books as well as the movie? :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, OK then. Harry wasn't around when they died so it made sense in the book I guess. But they need to go out on screen for sure.

And Buttmunch:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Buttmunch...I just read what you said about the Final battle a few pages back...it has been confirmed that the Final battle will be at least 30 minutes. I do not believe that they are including Harry finding what he needs to and his walk through the forest/the rest of that scene. Well...let's hope not. I really hope they just mean all the fighting will be a total of 30 minutes.

Well, I saw HBP for the second time today and though it was even better! I could really focus on things and I just adore the movie!

Saw it today--pretty good, I say Azkaban is still better but this is #2, if it had a bit more structure to the story it would have been great, which makes me excited about the adaptations of book 7 since there's a very good structure there.

I liked this movie a lot - maybe my second favorite after Azkaban. The kids are turning out to be pretty decent actors, even Watson, who I always thought was the weakest of the three. And I really liked the girl who played Lavender Brown - very funny.

It was disappointing that we didn't have more with Tonks/Lupin, but I really missed the menace of Fenrir, who is really the big bad in the 6th book. I'd imagine that most movie goers wouldn't even recognize him as a major player in the story.

I did feel that the breaking into Hogwarts was a bit unnecessary, now there doesn't seem to be any point to it, except maybe to instill fear - to show the wizarding world that there is no place safe from the Deatheaters. Not seeing the DA come into their own was a big disappointment, but in the next movies hopefully we'll have some good moments with them. I think Luna had some great beats in this film though, as did Ginny.

And Rickman was great as always, he had more to do and he does it very well.

I completely agree, Dave. But no love for Jim Broadbent? I felt he was the best thing about the film.

I saw it today and loved it! HP is so close to overtaking Star Wars as my favorite film series. I could watch these over and over. And it upsets me that there are no true collectibles for this series.

i thought it was really really good the whole way through but kinda lacked a "1 big dramatic crescendo" like all the other films had.

I really loved loved loved seeing Luna Lovegood's lion hat. I was so disappointed when that didn't make an appearance in the 5th film see's one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Back