Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I think: Clearly it was a good idea to postpone HBP.

Not at the time it wasn't! :lol

My theater is effing sold out! I am so pissed off!

Why didn't you go get tickets earlier? I thought you were excited for this? I thought everyone knew big blockbusters like this go on sell weeks, if not over a month before they are released. I've had mine for well over a month now.

I'm tempted to go, but I'll probably wait until its been out a couple weeks because I hate crowded theaters. Its not like I don't already know what happens. :lol

I'm tempted to go, but I'll probably wait until its been out a couple weeks because I hate crowded theaters. Its not like I don't already know what happens. :lol

I am waiting 2 weeks for Imax.

I've never had a problem just getting a ticket a few minutes before on a Saturday morning.

Why didn't you go get tickets earlier? I thought you were excited for this? I thought everyone knew big blockbusters like this go on sell weeks, if not over a month before they are released. I've had mine for well over a month now.

I forgot...I know...it's my fault...but I'm still mad. Then we went on vacation. And then my parents said they wouldn't take me. They still had tickets this morning but I was waiting for conformation to see if my friend would go with me and give me a ride...during that couple hours they sold out...now they have a new show time that night but I've already committed to going at 10 the next morning...*sigh* I don't mind too much now...as long as I get to see the movie I'll be happy...

With my luck the film will probably melt and then they will pack us in another theater where we will have to sit on the floor. Then that film will melt and they'll give us our money back and tell us to come back another time...:banghead

I've never had a problem just getting a ticket a few minutes before on a Saturday morning.
People don't like morning shows for some reason. When Transformers opened the Imax had a 9:45am show and that was the only time not selling out.

I didn't realize it doesn't open in IMAX until the 29th. :monkey2

I'll probably see it on Sunday and then check it out in IMAX later next month.

Saturday AM or anytime on Tuesday out here.

Is that sexy time in Utah?

borat-sexy-time.jpg

I didn't realize it doesn't open in IMAX until the 29th. :monkey2

I'll probably see it on Sunday and then check it out in IMAX later next month.

Thanks to Transformers!

Oh - at the Mann Chinese in Hollywood apparently it's going to be playing with a new seat moving system.

I sampled it with the trailer this weekend. It's kind of a toned done seat movement like on one of the Universal rides. When they're zooming by on their brooms the seat tilts and thrums. When someone casts a spell there's a little jolt, and it adds bass to the music - plus lots more things. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to see it this way - but it was kind of fun for the 2 min. trailer.

Thanks to Transformers!

Oh - at the Mann Chinese in Hollywood apparently it's going to be playing with a new seat moving system.

I sampled it with the trailer this weekend. It's kind of a toned done seat movement like on one of the Universal rides. When they're zooming by on their brooms the seat tilts and thrums. When someone casts a spell there's a little jolt, and it adds bass to the music - plus lots more things. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to see it this way - but it was kind of fun for the 2 min. trailer.

Huh, that would be pretty cool. Haven't seen a film there for awhile. So does every seat at the theater have the new seat moving system?

That sounds weird, I don't know if I would like that.

Huh, that would be pretty cool. Haven't seen a film there for awhile. So does every seat at the theater have the new seat moving system?

It's going to cost more, so perhaps they'll only do part of one auditorium. The demo was just sitting out in the lobby.

Heard on the radio that judging by presales vs number of screens, HBP already has transformers beat.

I have the option to see this tonight at a private showing. I don't know if I want to or just to wait a couple of days.

I saw it tonight. I never really got into the HP series as a whole, it was always something i saw at the theaters for girlfriends. That said, this is the best one IMO. Really surprised me how much I laughed and cared about what was actually happening in this one. Performances are actually pretty decent for the main cast. Especially good are the young versions of Voldemort. They both are fantastic and creepy. If only Jake Loyd could have gotten any kind of hint at the level of evil the first kid attains in 3 minutes of film. Really ends somberly as well and has me excited to see where the story goes as I've not read the books.

A solid 8.5 out of 10

Back