Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Well that is great news about Bill Nighy Dave. I know he's been quoted saying he's the only actor in Britian that hasn't been in one yet :lol

thats a plot point, not a directorial method. its still a magical world and should still have all those shots, such as the moving pictures, ghosts, etc. I felt the last film sorely lacked "magic" aside from characters doing specific spells I felt we really lost that general sense of enchantment. Thats all I'm saying is a good director, writing crew, etc doesn't need to resort to taking out the magical elements out of the film to tell the plot of the magical world threatening the real world. The books don't remove that. A simple example is cutting out the house elves from the last film, not giving us better shots of Umbridges cat plates, etc little stuff. Little stuff like the dancing leprechaun fireworks in Goblet of Fire or all of Lockharts moving pictures of himself goes a LONG way in establishing that enchanted world.

I wish they had showed more of Umbridge's cat plates. When Harry and Co. go in her office there's a split second where you can see all the cats leave to go tattle. Blink and you miss it. I think that should have been a little more apparent, I don't think I noticed it the first two times I watched the movie.

Thanks for theater link Brant.... At $22 (me and my 2 boys) bucks a movie I am not sure I can afford that though. That would come out to well over $100! :(

Thanks for theater link Brant.... At $22 (me and my 2 boys) bucks a movie I am not sure I can afford that though. That would come out to well over $100! :(

thats a shame. something like that should be $20 a person for the whole shebang considering your there all day and will probably have to get drinks, food, etc. i couldn't find one near me.

I wish they had showed more of Umbridge's cat plates. When Harry and Co. go in her office there's a split second where you can see all the cats leave to go tattle. Blink and you miss it. I think that should have been a little more apparent, I don't think I noticed it the first two times I watched the movie.

I definately think the current director is taking for granted that all the neat little things were covered already.

Yeah, that definatley is expensive Marc. That is why I'm perfectly happy watching them at home :lol

I just checked again, and our theater (Carmike), it's $15 for one pass to all 5 movies! Are you sure it's PER movie?

https://www.carmike.com/promotions.aspx?id=10

do you guys know how to search whether Denver is doing one of these? Google isn't turning up much for me.

I just checked again, and our theater (Carmike), it's $15 for one pass to all 5 movies! Are you sure it's PER movie?

https://www.carmike.com/promotions.aspx?id=10

Well its $22 for 4 tickets to one movie. Thats $5 per ticket per movie... I guess if it were just me it would $33.50 for the whole she-bang. But times that by 4 and it is just not worth it.

Well its $22 for 4 tickets to one movie. Thats $5 per ticket per movie... I guess if it were just me it would $33.50 for the whole she-bang. But times that by 4 and it is just not worth it.

Oh I see now. Would your kids sit through all of that okay?

Oh yeah. My oldest sat through all 9 hours of LOTR when he was only 5. :lol

Jeez, I don't think I could sit through nine of hours of any movie. :lol

I'm going to watch them all in glorious blu-ray before the 15th, but I don't think I could endure a marathon like that. I'd be asleep half way through Chamber.

Blu-Ray must be awesome, enjoy them Dave! I can't wait till I get a player to go with the HDTV I got not too long ago.

Oh yeah. My oldest sat through all 9 hours of LOTR when he was only 5. :lol

My kids would have nightmares for a week if I let them watch those movies!

My eldest is working her way through the Potter movies, but my wife or I try to watch them with her and because I'm not watching in a linear way (I did watch each one as they came out, but only once) I now get really confused as to what one I'm watching, who's dead. who isn't etc.
I remember as a kid being annoyed at 'grown ups' who said all the Star Wars films were the same and you couldn't tell who's who or whats going on... and now I've turned into that old fart, but regarding Harry Potter!

Anyone know where I can find one of those little pillows they use on airplanes? My wife is dragging me along to watch this with her when it comes out (like ALL the previous movies in the series). :lol

Anyone know where I can find one of those little pillows they use on airplanes? My wife is dragging me along to watch this with her when it comes out (like ALL the previous movies in the series). :lol

I picked up a couple at Wal-Mart.

I'm going to watch them all in glorious blu-ray before the 15th, but I don't think I could endure a marathon like that. I'd be asleep half way through Chamber.

I fall asleep halfway through Chamber regardless. Its a decent movie but does get rather slow.

Back