Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

That's awesome Ween, I think you should got for it, they're good movies. :D

It's weird for me, after reading all the books I kind of lost some of my excitement for the movies. Maybe it's cause I know what happened in the end, but I think it might be cause I was a bit disappointed with how the whole thing ended. I won't go into spoilers for the ones who don't know but I questioned a few things that Rowling did in the last book and how she tied it all together.

Does anyone else have similar feelings?

It's weird for me, after reading all the books I kind of lost some of my excitement for the movies. Maybe it's cause I know what happened in the end, but I think it might be cause I was a bit disappointed with how the whole thing ended. I won't go into spoilers for the ones who don't know but I questioned a few things that Rowling did in the last book and how she tied it all together.

I can understand it and relate to a point as well....mainly because of the epilogue, which I honestly thought was one of the worst written pieces of crap I've read in a long time. I've read fanfic better than that epilogue.

I agree 100% about the epilouge. I thought it was unnecessary and it was garbage. I really hope they do not include it in the final film.

As far as the movies go, I am not as excited as I used to be for them. I am looking forward to #6... but I am totally bummed that the last movie will be broken into 2 parts. I feel that they can tell the story in about 3 hours. I know that Warner said that 2 films is needed but I feel that they are just milking the series for 1 last film.

Ooooo ween. I wanna go. I wish they would do that here. :(

They are Pix! Jordan Commons is showing 1-5 again. Check their website. I think its one a day until the film comes out and then 4 and 5 are on the same day. Or something like that. Not a straight through marathon, but on the big screen again nonetheless.

https://www.megaplextheatres.com/features_coming_soon.php

They are Pix! Jordan Commons is showing 1-5 again. Check their website. I think its one a day until the film comes out and then 4 and 5 are on the same day. Or something like that. Not a straight through marathon, but on the big screen again nonetheless.

https://www.megaplextheatres.com/features_coming_soon.php

I wish our theater would break it up some. I don't know if I could handle them all in a row. I know I wouldn't have to watch the last one the same day, but 12 hours + of movies will be hard. Especially if I have to do it alone. I know I won't get anyone to go with me. :(

I wish our theater would break it up some. I don't know if I could handle them all in a row. I know I wouldn't have to watch the last one the same day, but 12 hours + of movies will be hard. Especially if I have to do it alone. I know I won't get anyone to go with me. :(
Ween, I've sat through the entire LOTR Trilogy back to back twice in a theater. And that was with FOTR and TTT being the extendeds! It was over 12 hours but went by SO fast.

Just remember to bring a pillow. You can sit on it when your butt goes numb or put it behind your back or just hug onto it. Regardless, it's a necessaty!

And... if I were in Ohio, I'd def go with you! :D

Ween, I've sat through the entire LOTR Trilogy back to back twice in a theater. And that was with FOTR and TTT being the extendeds! It was over 12 hours but went by SO fast.

Just remember to bring a pillow. You can sit on it when your butt goes numb or put it behind your back or just hug onto it. Regardless, it's a necessaty!

And... if I were in Ohio, I'd def go with you! :D

Wish you were! :)

The pillow is a good idea. I'm gonna check and see if it's possibly being shown in Toledo where they have the lazyboy seating. This theater's seats don't even tip at all and they don't have any good food, only popcorn and candy.

"No more yanky my wanky......Donger need food". :lol

That marathon sounds fun, but I don't know if I could get through it. :lol

And Wetanut, you got me. For a second I held my breath afraid I'd revealed the spoiler for this movie. :lol

That's awesome Ween, I think you should got for it, they're good movies. :D

I will agree that the epilogue is pure garbage. I don't know if it was the deus ex machina ending to the series or that I had looked forward to it for a while and was expecting something SPECTACULAR, but the final book didn't give me the same resonance I had after reading the previous 6. Perhaps I didn't live up to our expectations, but it was a good book in itself; maybe a little slow at parts, but I won't say I DIDN'T enjoy it.

Yeah I won't say that I didn't enjoy the final book either, cause I did. It's just a few things I didn't quite understand I guess and it didn't end the way I imagined, but I guess you can't really expect any series to end the way you want it to. It wasn't the Epilogue that bothered me either, it was certain things that happened before that and how the final showdown turned out.

Variety review - they liked it, says it's more mature.

I didn't know Scrimgoeur wasn't in this one - I guess that's who Bill Nighy will be playing in the next one.

https://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940610.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

what a weird review, is he writing for a science magazine, "spatial comprehensibility" "dramatic modulation". Anyway, I don't like the assessments of the film moving away from fantasy and more into grit and realworld feel. Is that the only way this director can get the point of darkness and drama to the audiance? Rowling never forgot the "magic" of the Harry Potter world, why should the films? Sounds like I may be as disappointed with this film as I was with the last. Long live Sorceror's Stone through Goblet of Fire!

Variety review - they liked it, says it's more mature.

I didn't know Scrimgoeur wasn't in this one - I guess that's who Bill Nighy will be playing in the next one.

https://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940610.html?categoryid=31&cs=1

I didn't know Bill Nighy was in the next one! I always thought he'd be a good Scrimgoeur. He's actually who I pictured Scrimgoeur as.

Are you sure though? His IMDB page doesn't list Deathly Hallow.

I loved the last book, even the epilogue.

I didn't know Bill Nighy was in the next one! I always thought he'd be a good Scrimgoeur. He's actually who I pictured Scrimgoeur as.

Are you sure though? His IMDB page doesn't list Deathly Hallow.

He's just been cast and there's nothing about who he's cast as - but the theory is ole Scrimmy.

what a weird review, is he writing for a science magazine, "spatial comprehensibility" "dramatic modulation". Anyway, I don't like the assessments of the film moving away from fantasy and more into grit and realworld feel. Is that the only way this director can get the point of darkness and drama to the audiance? Rowling never forgot the "magic" of the Harry Potter world, why should the films? Sounds like I may be as disappointed with this film as I was with the last. Long live Sorceror's Stone through Goblet of Fire!

But the whole point in the book was how the magical world was touching on the "real" world and whereas JKR has a talky office scene it sounds like the movie opens with the event that the scene in the book is talking about.

As for "spatial comprehensibility" - I'm looking forward to a Quidditch game where you actually feel like you're watching a sport rather than just a series of shots - I'm sure that's what the review is referring to.

This reviewer confirms that the big battle has been downplayed, which was disappointing to hear - but I have a feeling that I'll be okay with this film.

He's just been cast and there's nothing about who he's cast as - but the theory is ole Scrimmy.

But the whole point in the book was how the magical world was touching on the "real" world and whereas JKR has a talky office scene it sounds like the movie opens with the event that the scene in the book is talking about.

thats a plot point, not a directorial method. its still a magical world and should still have all those shots, such as the moving pictures, ghosts, etc. I felt the last film sorely lacked "magic" aside from characters doing specific spells I felt we really lost that general sense of enchantment. Thats all I'm saying is a good director, writing crew, etc doesn't need to resort to taking out the magical elements out of the film to tell the plot of the magical world threatening the real world. The books don't remove that. A simple example is cutting out the house elves from the last film, not giving us better shots of Umbridges cat plates, etc little stuff. Little stuff like the dancing leprechaun fireworks in Goblet of Fire or all of Lockharts moving pictures of himself goes a LONG way in establishing that enchanted world.

Last edited:
Back