Premium Format Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me working at a comic shop has it's cool moments but it also has its...let's just call them less cool moments. But there is nothing like the smell of new comics on a Wednesday morning.

You are 100% correct. I love going to work just about every day, but some of the customers just make me want to strangle them.

"So... can I like... buy things here if I wanted?"

"I heard Green Lantern is gay now... that's disgusting."

"Do you buy comics?" (I hear this one about 10,000,000 times a day)

"Do you guys have free comics?"

Customer pulls out comic from long box and asks, "So what are these? T-Shirts?"

:thud:

You are 100% correct. I love going to work just about every day, but some of the customers just make me want to strangle them.

The worst for me was this guy that used to come in and for hours, and I do mean hours would tell me how Grant Morrison and Garth Ennis were ruining comics and then he'd pull out early 80's issues from the back issues and tell me how much better they were than new books and he would NEVER buy anything. :gah:

The worst for me was this guy that used to come in and for hours, and I do mean hours would tell me how Grant Morrison and Garth Ennis were ruining comics and then he'd pull out early 80's issues from the back issues and tell me how much better they were than new books and he would NEVER buy anything. :gah:

That IS the worst. People that stay in the store, endlessly ranting and asking questions, but never spend a single dollar. :thwak

As absurd as it sounds it happens all the time.

Another one of my favorites is when little kids come in and rearrange our long boxes for us! Who needs the alphabet, anyways?

I have another customer who loves to take new comics off the new release wall up to the counter to decide what he wants to buy, then takes them back and places the ones he doesn't want wherever he feels like it. I have asked him time and time again to just leave them on the counter, but he never listens. Short of cussing him out, I'm not sure what else I can do about it. :slap

Another one of my favorites is when little kids come in and rearrange our long boxes for us! Who needs the alphabet, anyways?

I have another customer who loves to take new comics off the new release wall up to the counter to decide what he wants to buy, then takes them back and places the ones he doesn't want wherever he feels like it. I have asked him time and time again to just leave them on the counter, but he never listens. Short of cussing him out, I'm not sure what else I can do about it. :slap

If I ever decided to open my own store, and believe me I've thought about it, my god there'd be a board with rules behind the counter. Don't follow the rules? BANNED

If I ever decided to open my own store, and believe me I've thought about it, my god there'd be a board with rules behind the counter. Don't follow the rules? BANNED

I have had to fire customers before. The wall rearranger is bad, but nowhere near the worst.

I am sure we could exchange horror stories all day LOL

Believe me working at a comic shop has it's cool moments but it also has its...let's just call them less cool moments. But there is nothing like the smell of new comics on a Wednesday morning.

Oh sorry, I thought it was all fun messing with comics, drinking at work, watch cartoons if there's many tv screens at the shop, kick back and read comics or look at the pics all day long, drool over female comic fans that comes in, draw on the counters, eat lunch at work, or even sleep at the shop, etc. So I see it really alot of work. My bad. :horror
Lol yeah I've seen customers of all kinds in a comic shop and it is strange at times. :wink1:

Oh sorry, I thought it was all fun messing with comics, drinking at work, watch cartoons if there's many tv screens at the shop, kick back and read comics or look at the pics all day long, drool over female comic fans that comes in, draw on the counters, eat lunch at work, or even sleep at the shop, etc. So I see it really alot of work. My bad. :horror
Lol yeah I've seen customers of all kinds in a comic shop and it is strange at times. :wink1:

I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear any of that LOL.

lol, well yeah you do make a good point....maybe I should open my own shop.

The worst isn't even at the shops man. It's the Cons. Dear god people, when you're going to walk around for ten hours shower and use deodorant! :thud:

But not for us who is waiting and if all 3 of our computers don't get jam, plus if we don't have to work on that day or if we can say we have to go to take a dump at work because we don't feel good. Then we can get one of the 500. :D hmmm come to think about it it might not be a great idea. My computers would not get through in time. Ok so maybe the ES should be 1500? Happy with that? :)

Believe me. This would sellout in very short order with a 500 ES for the EX. Tons of peeps would be crying rivers of tears because they didn't get one. As far as a 1500 ES, I'm OK with that. The only thing that would piss me off is an open ES. I'm not a fan of those.

Believe me. This would sellout in very short order with a 500 ES for the EX. Tons of peeps would be crying rivers of tears because they didn't get one. As far as a 1500 ES, I'm OK with that. The only thing that would piss me off is an open ES. I'm not a fan of those.

:goodpost: I hate open ES too. Then it's no longer a real collectible. :mad:

Be like "I got it!"

nope-this-is-mine.jpeg

:lol These are all too funny! I would love to hear one of your worst customer stories (the ones you had to ban).

lol, well yeah you do make a good point....maybe I should open my own shop.

The worst isn't even at the shops man. It's the Cons. Dear god people, when you're going to walk around for ten hours shower and use deodorant! :thud:

You took the words right out of my mouth. That is my biggest pet peeve of cons as well.

If it's the PF then I'm excited but if it's 1:6 I don't care at all. I need her for my Mr. J!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back