1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic. Very clear. Have any from the sides or back?

Sorry, just this angle. I flew through the Sideshow booth today taking pics as fast as I could before it got really crowded. I'll keep going by there the rest of the week though so I'll get some more pics.

Sorry, just this angle. I flew through the Sideshow booth today taking pics as fast as I could before it got really crowded. I'll keep going by there the rest of the week though so I'll get some more pics.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Awesome! Thanks so much!

One of my pics has the back of it in the background. Not a straight on shot but you can see most of it.

fbf4057dbc2d1e2642b07547793a505e.jpg

So it looks like they know how to fix the thumb issue on 4-lom. I'm shocked! Great pics GZl

... but it now makes sense why 3PO's limited hand articulation went in the same plane as the fingers (i.e. like karate chop, as opposed to the more natural "waving" direction) - so 4-LOM could hold his gun.

No lights that I can see. I'm on the floor too. I'll ask. I will say the Jabba carbonite looks better. I have that and paint looks better. Hopefully this comes out better. Only thing that would best the ROTJ is lights.

No lights that I can see. I'm on the floor too. I'll ask. I will say the Jabba carbonite looks better. I have that and paint looks better. Hopefully this comes out better. Only thing that would best the ROTJ is lights.

Thanks for chatting them up. I'm curious how the stand will work; if it's a magnet that will make it appear to levitate horizontally and vertically.

And any video of the the lights blinking would be awesome!

Yeah, it's funny how people seem to have blissful amnesia re: all the inadequacies in the HT SW line so far. While I love so much of their work, their likenesses have been mediocre at best many times - yet then people turn around with the "wait for HT" thing as if they hit them out of the park every time.

Maybe they're getting better - I absolutely love all the new ones HT has shown - but the majority of their SW releases so far had many issues.

I've just spent $175 on a gorgeous Han Solo custom head to replace the Richard Hatch head the HT Solo came with. And you know what? Now it looks like ANH Han. And thank goodness the HT Ben came with Jedi robes because you wouldn't have recognized the bearded old man standing there.:dunno

I get what you’re saying, but even with the HT figures’ shortcomings they are still better than Sideshow’s most of the time. Even Sideshow’s best figures fall short in one way or another when put against HT’s versions of the same figure.

I bought Sideshow’s R2 and have been super happy with him. But now seeing HT’s version, HT seems to have made it that much better just by making the dome die cast with that luscious brushed aluminum finish and the more accurate blue. Yes, I know one of the “eyes” size is off, but when taking the whole figure in, it’s a more forgivable error than the dome finish and blue color. Likewise I was very happy with Sideshow’s Boba Fett. I fixed the boxy chest so it lays nicely on mine so that’s not an issue. I’m even okay with the paint scheme which is something Fett experts say is wrong. But seeing HT’s Fett, it makes it incredibly obvious how completely wrong Sideshow got the shapes of the chest armor. Now it’s all I see when I look at my Fett—how off the chest armor shapes are.

And let’s not get into the base bodies! Yes, HT sometimes uses questionable body types for characters (too buff, too busty, etc.). But the quality of the bodies, their proportions, the way they naturally hang, is still much better than Sideshow’s bodies. I will say their new muscle body that came with Indy is pretty good, but was prone to arrive with a broken shoulder. I tried to get mine replaced by Sideshow and they sent me two additional bodies that had one or both shoulder joints broken!

This was all kinda forgivable when Sideshow was priced lower than HT. But now they are the same and even more than HT!

So yes, HT isn’t the end all be all in 1/6. They still have their flaws. But they are the best at this point. That is, until Blitzway and Star Ace and other smaller companies start taking over!

Exactly why I'm so glad I can't see all these things. It's so easy to enjoy them all as is. I even enjoy my Scout with the wrong knee pads. I don't even recall them with dirty boots but I love those to.

If you read enough posts in these forums you'll eventually hate every figure you own lol

Of course I just read and forget. I can't remember which helmet was flat or out of size or how R2s blue is wrong so I will enjoy my gift of forgetfulness for sure. I can't way to read about how my Vader, Ren and NO ST PFs are so wrong and all that so I can hate them lol

I know we all love the things even with the issues well most do or they would all be out of business.

I wish they would just put a disclaimer on all the boxes that says "not movie accurate" and then there could be no more complaining.

Exactly why I'm so glad I can't see all these things. It's so easy to enjoy them all as is. I even enjoy my Scout with the wrong knee pads. I don't even recall them with dirty boots but I love those to.

If you read enough posts in these forums you'll eventually hate every figure you own lol

Of course I just read and forget. I can't remember which helmet was flat or out of size or how R2s blue is wrong so I will enjoy my gift of forgetfulness for sure. I can't way to read about how my Vader, Ren and NO ST PFs are so wrong and all that so I can hate them lol

I know we all love the things even with the issues well most do or they would all be out of business.

I wish they would just put a disclaimer on all the boxes that says "not movie accurate" and then there could be no more complaining.

Even in the world of 1/6, ignorance is indeed bliss.:lol

Hasbro also made a quite nice series of 12" SW figures if you're not too fussed about accuracy.

I get what you’re saying, but even with the HT figures’ shortcomings they are still better than Sideshow’s most of the time. Even Sideshow’s best figures fall short in one way or another when put against HT’s versions of the same figure.

I bought Sideshow’s R2 and have been super happy with him. But now seeing HT’s version, HT seems to have made it that much better just by making the dome die cast with that luscious brushed aluminum finish and the more accurate blue. Yes, I know one of the “eyes” size is off, but when taking the whole figure in, it’s a more forgivable error than the dome finish and blue color. Likewise I was very happy with Sideshow’s Boba Fett. I fixed the boxy chest so it lays nicely on mine so that’s not an issue. I’m even okay with the paint scheme which is something Fett experts say is wrong. But seeing HT’s Fett, it makes it incredibly obvious how completely wrong Sideshow got the shapes of the chest armor. Now it’s all I see when I look at my Fett—how off the chest armor shapes are.

And let’s not get into the base bodies! Yes, HT sometimes uses questionable body types for characters (too buff, too busty, etc.). But the quality of the bodies, their proportions, the way they naturally hang, is still much better than Sideshow’s bodies. I will say their new muscle body that came with Indy is pretty good, but was prone to arrive with a broken shoulder. I tried to get mine replaced by Sideshow and they sent me two additional bodies that had one or both shoulder joints broken!

This was all kinda forgivable when Sideshow was priced lower than HT. But now they are the same and even more than HT!

So yes, HT isn’t the end all be all in 1/6. They still have their flaws. But they are the best at this point. That is, until Blitzway and Star Ace and other smaller companies start taking over!

Yeah, I agree with most of that, but it's ultimately all a moot point now - what we saw at SDCC yesterday was the end of SSC 1/6 SW.:dunno

Even in the world of 1/6, ignorance is indeed bliss.:lol

Hasbro also made a quite nice series of 12" SW figures if you're not too fussed about accuracy.

Lol so funny. Yes you are right since I feel complaining about every tiny thing is dumb I should buy Hasbro figures.

You know what I meant. The figures they sell are pretty great and people still complain and act as if they are too bad to enjoy.

I guess I can say the same thing. Since they are soooo bad save yourself $175 and get a Hasbro.

I enjoy them looking as good as they do I'm just able to enjoy them if one eyelash is wrong like many posters here. I'm pretty sure I'm with the majority of collectors who enjoy these figures as they are. I don't think there is 1 thread that isn't full of people posting how they hate it and so on.

I only post I'm glad I can enjoy them as they are and it's not because I'm dumb as you had to say but even my post got some hate lol tough crowd it appears.

Lol so funny. Yes you are right since I feel complaining about every tiny thing is dumb I should buy Hasbro figures.

You know what I meant. The figures they sell are pretty great and people still complain and act as if they are too bad to enjoy.

I guess I can say the same thing. Since they are soooo bad save yourself $175 and get a Hasbro.

I enjoy them looking as good as they do I'm just able to enjoy them if one eyelash is wrong like many posters here. I'm pretty sure I'm with the majority of collectors who enjoy these figures as they are. I don't think there is 1 thread that isn't full of people posting how they hate it and so on.

I only post I'm glad I can enjoy them as they are and it's not because I'm dumb as you had to say but even my post got some hate lol tough crowd it appears.

As most around here know - I'm a huge hasbro 12" fan. In some cases, their sculpts are in fact more accurate than a comparable Sideshow figure. For example, Hasbro Leia Boussh's chest armor and weapon are more accurate than the SSC version, and the Hasbro Bossk's headsculpt was more screen accurate than the SSC version. And... yup... as I stated earlier, the 12" Hasbro Han Carb in fact has a better Solo sculpt than the SSC polystone version.

Star Ace is pulling an Icarus and getting too close to the sun. Their prices are rising disproportionally to their quality. They had a great potential in the $180 range, but seeing that Leonidas is listed for $239.99 has me backing away, even with the unique tooling.

Blitzway on the other hand may very well be the key to it all. They have the potential (and apparent will to do) classic licenses, something HT doesn't seem to want to approach as much anymore. Bring me my childhood movies in the quality of their Ghostbusters and I'll be over the moon.

Can this dang thing go up for order all ready.... Jabba is waiting. :)

Knowing SSC, Jabba will be waiting for a long, long time.

Fun fact: You could actually journey to the real "desert planet" (Mars) and back in less time than Sideshow will take to deliver this figure.:lecture

Back